Hey guys......having a problem

My friends 8310 has no signal on his curve....but text messages still come thru....
    But he cant send or recieve calls? wierd isnt it
    i know!!!
    bluetooth working, everything else is working

its unlocked...
    09-12-09 04:47 PM
    By no signal are you saying no signal ever or just no signal where he's at? It doesn't take much signal strengh or much signal duration to receive a text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:05 PM
    By no signal are you saying no signal ever or just no signal where he's at? It doesn't take much signal strengh or much signal duration to receive a text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it had signal now its gone....

there is an X beside the signal....

i am wondering if the antenna is messed up?
    any ideas ppl?
    09-13-09 02:11 AM
    does the x also have a 1 by it? because if it does, that's still enough still signal to send a text, but not enough for a call...
    09-13-09 09:15 AM
    Well, the obvious would be to check to see if the radio is on, duh, I know you probably checked that already, but go to Manage Connections and see if the Mobile Network is check and the bubble to the right is green with a check mark. Scroll down to Mobile Network Options and check to see if data services is on, then from that screen hit menu and maybe run a diagnostics test!! i had a situation to where it may not even be the phone, sometimes the cell towers in your area may loose strength. I was having a problem to where my signal was going from 1XEV to 1xev to 1x to no signal at all, i just so happen to post what was happening on twitter and someone from Sprint actually had me e-mail my situation to their tech people and it turns out that a cell tower had gone bad in the area i was having trouble in, well a couple of days later the actual cell tower tech called me and let me know taht everything had been fixed and he asked how the service was and i told him it was great. ANYWAY, to make a long story short(too late) it may not be the phone at all!!!
    Last edited by catfish1976; 09-14-09 at 04:44 PM.
    09-14-09 04:38 PM
    this happened to me the other day. i dropped a call and then didnt have a signal to make calls for about an hour but i was texting my **** off lol...eventually i got signal back and everything was fine...i just figured it was at&t
    09-14-09 07:52 PM
    not the carrier...switched sim

i'm wondering if the atenna is damaged? but how is it that text alone are coming in?

very wierd

Well, the obvious would be to check to see if the radio is on, duh, I know you probably checked that already, but go to Manage Connections and see if the Mobile Network is check and the bubble to the right is green with a check mark. Scroll down to Mobile Network Options and check to see if data services is on, then from that screen hit menu and maybe run a diagnostics test!! i had a situation to where it may not even be the phone, sometimes the cell towers in your area may loose strength. I was having a problem to where my signal was going from 1XEV to 1xev to 1x to no signal at all, i just so happen to post what was happening on twitter and someone from Sprint actually had me e-mail my situation to their tech people and it turns out that a cell tower had gone bad in the area i was having trouble in, well a couple of days later the actual cell tower tech called me and let me know taht everything had been fixed and he asked how the service was and i told him it was great. ANYWAY, to make a long story short(too late) it may not be the phone at all!!!
    09-14-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD