I've had my Curve for 2 days since losing my 8100, and have been searching CB for all the cool shortcuts. However I'm dismayed that there appears to be no one-touch keyboard lock (unless I change one of the side convenience keys) AND no one-touch toggle between vibe and another profile. Please please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm hoping I am!

On the Pearl, which had great shortcuts, I could hold the * key to lock. On the Curve, I have to scroll to the lock icon on the homescreen and then press it, OR I have to designate one of my convenience keys to lock it. GRR - I already have one of my convenience keys for Profile, since I cant toggle easily between vibe/loud.

On the Pearl, I could hold the # key to toggle between vibe/another profile. On the Curve, is there really no way to do this other than bringing up the entire profile menu (which has a slight delay compared with pressing/holding a single key) and then selecting the profile?

These two shortcuts alone might make me switch back to the Pearl, since they're things I do constantly. Anyone know a work-around for getting one-key-touch keyboard locking and one-key-touch profile toggle? Pretty please? I like the Curve otherwise....
    03-20-08 10:27 AM
    Make sure you have Dial From Home Screen turned off - then you can hit K to lock the keypad and F to change your profile.
    03-20-08 10:38 AM
    Will my speed dial keys still work if I have dial from homescreen turned off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 11:30 AM
    Yes speed dial will still work.
    03-20-08 11:38 AM
    Thanks. One more question: is there any way to toggle instantly btwn profiles? Loooks like F brings up the profile menu which still requires a 2nd keystroke to choose the profile and select it.

03-20-08 11:54 AM
    Thanks. One more question: is there any way to toggle instantly btwn profiles? Loooks like F brings up the profile menu which still requires a 2nd keystroke to choose the profile and select it.

03-20-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD