Hello all,
    I want to start out by saying Blackberries are a DREAM to work with (plug in, delete file, run other file, wait, done - NOT USED TO THIS!!!!). I am a seasoned Android user, and my fiancee (I registered with wife in screen name since we're getting married and I'm SURE she will be BB for life) has the 8900 which I just updated to the 5.0.0.681 OS.

The only thing we were curious about is the messages inbox, which in her T-Mobile 4.6.blah firmware would give a notification red star whenever she got a new message, email, BBM, etc. actually ON the icon... She DOES get the notification for all of her messages except for BBM. While this isn't a big issue, her BBM's do go to the inbox itself & she gets the unread BBM icon on the home screen, it would be awesome to tweak it back to how that used to be.

I did try to google it, but I am certain the instructions I found were for earlier versions of bbm/ bb os. Here's what I've done:
    1. Battery Pulls.
    2. Turned Off/On messages > options > display new message indicator
    3. Moved / replaced the message inbox icon
    4. BBM > options > made sure all options in here looked congruent to the goal, including the check box for display in messages inbox.
    5. scratched head.

Am I on a wild goose chase, or is there a way to do / fix this? I really want her to enjoy OS 5.0 as there are features / benefits in it that she needs. Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated, even a link to an overlooked post/thread would be awesome.

P.s. BB 8520 ... what are your thoughts?
    07-19-10 11:53 AM
    Try going to your sound profiles and then edit, then instant messages, then blackberry messenger new message and see if led is in off or on. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 02:13 PM
    As vlp123 said, just check the LED notification is on in her profile settings.

By the way, I'd warn her that in the .681 update the LED on every notification only flashes for 15 minutes and then stops, this is unfortunately a feature of the new OS. This is a major problem I have with this version, hopefully they fix it in the next, just a heads up incase you think its a problem with your device.
    07-19-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD