But it's ok because I'm making the move to the Bold 9000! I'm still going to own a BB! After owning my very first BB, the Curve 8900, I am hooked! Don't think I could ever own anything else other than a BB.

I just started working with for AT&T and I'm getting the Bold as my company-provided phone. Thanks everyone for your help when I first got my 8900. I'll still be posting on the Bold 9000 forum. Maybe I'll see you guys there?!
    08-05-09 10:31 PM
    Sad to see you go but glad to know it isn't too far!

They are both great devices, bro. I'm sure you will be satisfied either way.
    08-05-09 10:41 PM
    Be sure to make another thread when you beg AT&T to let you go back to the 8900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:58 PM
    I just brought the 8900 thru AT&T. So far so good. I am thinking out trying out the Bold while still in my 30 trial period.
    08-05-09 11:01 PM
    I just brought the 8900 thru AT&T. So far so good. I am thinking out trying out the Bold while still in my 30 trial period.
    As a user that did try both devices and chose the 8900, I would HIGHLY suggest that you go this route and test out both devices. Its free to do so, and it is the only way you can know for sure which one suits you best.
    08-05-09 11:07 PM
    As a user that did try both devices and chose the 8900, I would HIGHLY suggest that you go this route and test out both devices. Its free to do so, and it is the only way you can know for sure which one suits you best.
    not really meaning to "thread-jack" but... i am just curious as to why you chose the 8900 over the bold?
    08-06-09 02:21 PM
    not really meaning to "thread-jack" but... i am just curious as to why you chose the 8900 over the bold?
    Check the comparison link in my signature, it pretty much chronicles my entire experience. If you don't have time to read through the entire thing, one of the pages (I forget which one now) has a summary of my final decisions and why I chose the 8900 over the Bold.
    08-06-09 02:27 PM
    Check the comparison link in my signature, it pretty much chronicles my entire experience. If you don't have time to read through the entire thing, one of the pages (I forget which one now) has a summary of my final decisions and why I chose the 8900 over the Bold.
    page 4 A very thorough writeup!

Aesthetics aside, my wife (has the Bold, I have the 8900) was seriously disappointed when she discovered that her phone has a 2mp camera and my 8900 has a 3.2mp with autofocus. There is a significant difference in picture quality. It's not the increased MP but rather the autofocus feature that gets a "Hey why do your pictures look better than mine?!". Just a FYI
    08-06-09 02:39 PM

Aesthetics aside, my wife (has the Bold, I have the 8900) was seriously disappointed when she discovered that her phone has a 2mp camera and my 8900 has a 3.2mp with autofocus. There is a significant difference in picture quality. It's not the increased MP but rather the autofocus feature that gets a "Hey why do your pictures look better than mine?!". Just a FYI
    Thanks! Yes, you are correct on that, the auto-focus makes a huge difference between the two devices.
    08-06-09 02:49 PM
    Tell me how it is going down on a BB! Haha

08-06-09 04:55 PM
    oh cool, thanks for looking up

08-06-09 10:31 PM
    I love my 8900, but man that Bold keypad is Amazing!!! Sooooooo nice-wish I could mixlend em together!

08-07-09 02:54 AM
    But it's ok because I'm making the move to the Bold 9000! I'm still going to own a BB! After owning my very first BB, the Curve 8900, I am hooked! Don't think I could ever own anything else other than a BB.

I just started working with for AT&T and I'm getting the Bold as my company-provided phone. Thanks everyone for your help when I first got my 8900. I'll still be posting on the Bold 9000 forum. Maybe I'll see you guys there?!
    All the individuals I know that have the Bold have without fail thrown it away and moved back to the Curve 8XXX or upgraded to the 8900.

Good luck with that, only positive is that you said it was provided for you and it is no loss out of your pocket.

cheers,
    08-07-09 02:59 AM
    I'm doing the same thing when I get a new contract in Sept!
    08-07-09 04:47 AM
    All the individuals I know that have the Bold have without fail thrown it away and moved back to the Curve 8XXX or upgraded to the 8900.,
    Not the most well thought out argument. The Bold has its' pluses, specifically
    3G, the bigger screen, a faster processor, greater TOTAL memory and a faster
    camera.

The 8900 has its' pluses, specifically a higher resolution screen, a better albeit
    slower camera (the whole autofocus thing), 2x the application memory.

Regardless of what the people you know have done, it is still the OPs choice
    and to make the assumption based on virtually no real empirical evidence he will
    regret it just demonstrates a specific device bias.
    08-07-09 06:15 AM
    Great choice!!! I have both devices but love my Bold way better...I dnt think I ever touch my 8900 lol (no offense but I jus prefere the Bold)
    08-07-09 06:33 AM
    Not the most well thought out argument. The Bold has its' pluses, specifically
    3G, the bigger screen, a faster processor, greater TOTAL memory and a faster
    camera.

The 8900 has its' pluses, specifically a higher resolution screen, a better albeit
    slower camera (the whole autofocus thing), 2x the application memory.

Regardless of what the people you know have done, it is still the OPs choice
    and to make the assumption based on virtually no real empirical evidence he will
    regret it just demonstrates a specific device bias.
    Agree 100% and the resolution on the 8900 is not really all that much better than the Bold jus slightly a bit more pixels
    08-07-09 06:36 AM
    good luck with the bold, at least you kept it in the fam lol
    08-07-09 09:59 AM
    I always look at the bold and wonder if I'd prefer the more quality feel over my "fisher-price" 8900.
    Don't think I could do the whole "holding a piece of toast to my ear when on the phone" thing though.
    08-07-09 10:11 AM
    The difference between the bold and the 8900 are so much of a user preference, that it is hard to pick one or the other. I think RIM did a great job of differentiating two models that could be so much alike.

My preference is of course the 8900 mostly because of the size, and the extra memory is just a bonus.
    Last edited by ClintRo; 08-07-09 at 11:48 AM.
    08-07-09 11:05 AM
    you know....I actually did think about going back to the bold...but I really feel like i'd be missing out on something great.

even though I NEVER had any problems with my BOLD i've grown really attached to my curve baby!!
    I mean yeah it's froze on me and didn't want to load some sites but it's beauty is something I can't deny!! lol

I think that you'll be happy with your bold...they are both really nice phones!

sigh I always go play with the display in the stores everything I go!!!
    08-07-09 02:20 PM
    I have done the opposite,traded my Bold for the 8900 curve! Well the Bold is a company provided phone and we are testing the 8900 as an option for employees. I gave my Bold up and you know, I really like thr 8900! Yes I don't have 3G but I really don't do a lot of web browsing on my phone and I actually prefer the smaller size versus the Bold- I have small hands so it always felt big and awkward. I am a previous 8330 owner so getting used to the curve keyboard was not a problem for me. I gotta give the 8900 props, its a great alternate to the Bold or Tour if you want a smaller blackberry but the power of those same devices! I Can't compare the camera since ours are disabled due to company policy ;-(

08-07-09 07:08 PM
    att FTW!!! tmobile so nice and inexpensive though.
    08-07-09 08:57 PM
    In my area (these things are always by area) T-mobile has better coverage than AT&T.

08-07-09 09:02 PM
    At least your staying w/ the BB family
    08-07-09 10:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD