Is it me or is there no love from Crackberry bloggers for anything but the GSM blackberries or the storm? I mean every day there is a "leaked OS update for the storm or bold 8900 etc. The 8350 had a slight update and no news on it. I feel this way with the podcast also all you hear is info on the flagship phones shouldn't crackberry be about all blackberries? I have called in for the podcast drop info on the nextel/ sprint line and nothing. They ask people to call in and then never play them on the podcasts. This occurred again this last podcast. No reviews for cases or new products for the 8350i but the minute a skin comes out for the bold its front news with a video.
    02-01-09 11:20 AM
    I totally agree, we are the cousins from the other side of the family that nobody talks to. lol
    02-01-09 11:22 AM
    Red headed step child
    02-01-09 12:29 PM
    Totally. It'd be great if they brought attention to my bitchfest "contractor's" thread considering how many of us who work in construction and the public sector have been impacted.
    02-01-09 12:44 PM
    Is it me or is there no love from Crackberry bloggers for anything but the GSM blackberries or the storm? I mean every day there is a "leaked OS update for the storm or bold 8900 etc. The 8350 had a slight update and no news on it. I feel this way with the podcast also all you hear is info on the flagship phones shouldn't crackberry be about all blackberries? I have called in for the podcast drop info on the nextel/ sprint line and nothing. They ask people to call in and then never play them on the podcasts. This occurred again this last podcast. No reviews for cases or new products for the 8350i but the minute a skin comes out for the bold its front news with a video.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, now introducing "The Truth".
    02-01-09 12:56 PM
    maybe they are texting all the new info to us personaly????
    02-01-09 12:58 PM
    So your saying if we pull out the battery, twirl around in a flower gardens, catch the first snow flake falling in June in Florida on our tounges we'll get the texted info?
    02-02-09 12:13 PM
    Lol to what wdpower said.... This is why we all have to stick together!!!! 8350i's unite!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 01:05 PM
    Im still waiting to get mine unlocked (3 weeks and counting).
    Just so I can get into all the fun chit here.

P.S.
    I sent out 50 bux to see if these people can really crack it.
    Code:
    http://www.blackberryunlocking.co.uk/blackberry/8350i/unlock_code/
    Wish me luck.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by carshop; 02-02-09 at 01:13 PM.
    02-02-09 01:10 PM
    all i wanted was to create my own themes and hear my ringtones via bluetooth. hacks would be nice. I really have to say that kevin really did his thing here. I posted a thread requesting that the 8350i had its own forum and within 24 hours here it was! but thats it... this is all we got! i cant find any other forums offering this to us anywhere.
    02-02-09 02:44 PM
    Im still waiting to get mine unlocked (3 weeks and counting).
    Just so I can get into all the fun chit here.

P.S.
    I sent out 50 bux to see if these people can really crack it.
    Code:
    http://www.blackberryunlocking.co.uk/blackberry/8350i/unlock_code/
    Wish me luck.
    I'll keep you posted.
    UPDATE

UNLOCKING ONLINE LTD: PAYMENT REFUNDED
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    MU-090202-160616-3850

Dear ******,

It is with regret that we have taken the decision to refund
    your order and payment for the following service:-

Blackberry 8350I unlock service

which you purchased from our website:
    BLACKBERRYUNLOCKING.CO.UK
    at: 16:07:24 GMT on Feb 02 2009

REFUND REASON

The reason why your order could not be processed is as follows:

MANUFACTURER UNLOCK CODE NOT FOUND
    Unfortunately, an unlock code for your handset was not found in
    the central Blackberry database.
    02-05-09 02:53 AM
    At least you got the money back. Could have said we tried thanks for playing

02-05-09 05:01 AM
    The 8350i is a good phone but it definitely has problems. My friend hated his so much he just got a 8330 from sprint, too many dropped calls. And not enough love for the 8350. Are there any new themes at all yet?
    02-05-09 06:21 AM
    Complaints? I think the masses are staying pretty calm. With my 8350i I already installed the new OS after having the phone for three weeks, and here is some of the status' of my apps.
    Calendar... won't sync with anything
    Addresses... contact information randomly drops out
    GPS... works about 1 out of 10 times
    Google Maps... can't seem to find me
    MMS... only works if I pull the battery every day
    PTT... sometimes just doesn't want to work
    I had to get rid of my silicone cover because it causes echoing when i use the phone.
    and, every now and then I have no signal at all Wi-Fi or otherwise.
    Other than those few items, it's a really pretty phone.
    02-05-09 06:32 AM
    At least you got the money back. Could have said we tried thanks for playing

yes, i was surprised
    02-05-09 08:10 AM
    I've had good luck with my phone, no issues aside from my own learning curve with it.

I'm sure being on the IDEN network has something to do with the lack of love and I have to wonder how many gave up PTT in choosing a BB? What surprises me now is the lack of fanfare after the phone's come out as compared to pre release time and I suppose that might be due to it's short comings. All the same...it gets nothing near the press that other recent releases seem to get while there are a good number of satisfied users from the looks of things.
    02-05-09 08:28 AM
    I hate that 8830i I have one on my desk, deactivated. I had my service switched from my curve and had it put back an hour later. NEXTEL phone service sucks. You might as well write "Blackberry" on a two dixie cups and attach a string between them.
    02-05-09 08:31 AM
    Nextel isn't bad. I've had it for 4 years. Evdo mustve spoiled you.

02-05-09 08:35 PM
    maybe they are texting all the new info to us personaly????
    Text?????? don't get me started LOL just did update REALLY seems to help.
    Pssst found the info here on Crackberry, Thanks!
    02-25-09 04:31 PM
    my only complaint is that they should've made it a hybrid phone so we could have 3G speed.
    03-04-09 09:18 PM
    This is my first BB, I got it because I am a faithful chirp user. (7 years now.) 99% of my contacts are Direct Connect. I love this thing, but I do wish the browser was faster. Even when im connected to my home WiFi, it still could be faster. Other than that this phone rocks.
    03-04-09 11:35 PM
    Google Maps... can't seem to find me
    I had to download the latest version of Google Maps and it found me fine. Prior to that it couldn't find me either even when TeleNav could. now if it would just update fast enough to follow me down the road.
    03-04-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah no doubt...
    03-28-09 01:05 PM
    Well, as far as the texting goes, at least we have tru mms instead of the incomming "picture mail" that the rest of the sprint blackberry customers have to deal with..

03-28-09 02:49 PM
    Well, as far as the texting goes, at least we have tru mms instead of the incomming "picture mail" that the rest of the sprint blackberry customers have to deal with..

I had that same crap with my Q9c, so I'm pretty happy with the 8350i. I'm also totally amazed at the speed they were able to wring out of the iDen network too.

03-28-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD