Software For BlackBerry� 8350i smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.1.142 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.1.142
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.1.83
    Software Platform: 3.0.0.41
    File name: OrionAMEA_PBr4.6.1_rel142_PL3.0.0.41_A4.6.1.83_Nex tel.exe
    File size: 83.16MB

Download HERE

For install instruction to load any carrier 8350i OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    01-06-09 07:52 PM
    I tired this last night but once I installed on my computer and tried to put on my phone it said that no updates were needed for my phone. I still can't receive text like I did on the first day I had my phone. I dont understand but of course this is my first BB so maybe I just dont know what I'm doing either...
    01-07-09 09:05 AM
    Is this the newest os for these phones? It looks like my phone already has the 4.6.1.83 os installed. However I am not sure abou the package version or software platform. Where can I find that info on my phone?
    01-07-09 12:31 PM
    Yeah, what's new with this version? My version is also 4.6.1.83. I'd try it, but I'd hate to go through all the trouble for naught.
    01-07-09 03:51 PM
    I just got an email from my gov't rep who got a bulletin today stating that a fix from RIM is about 2-3 weeks out. I'll keep you posted.
    01-07-09 03:54 PM
    Why would you need to delete the vendor.xml file for a phone that is only available on one carrier?
    01-07-09 08:14 PM
    Yeah, what's new with this version? My version is also 4.6.1.83. I'd try it, but I'd hate to go through all the trouble for naught.
    I just got an email from my gov't rep who got a bulletin today stating that a fix from RIM is about 2-3 weeks out. I'll keep you posted.

Ok, let me explain this for you all, only the Applications version matters. Usually the package version will be a higher number than the Application version. But again, only the Application version is the one that counts.
    If you look at the other device specific forums, the "latest"/"newest" OS is always posted at the top of the forum. When something new comes out, it will be updated, but until then it's the newest.
    01-07-09 09:25 PM
    From the 'Home' screen..

Menu Button > Select 'Options' > Select 'About'

I see BlackBerry 8350i smartphone (iDEN, Wi-Fi) v4.6.1.83 (Platform 3.0.0.41)

which is what my phone came with out of the box...this number matches your 'application' number/version so I assume it is the same..
    01-09-09 02:15 PM
    you nkow what guys and gals i tried this so called update last night and all i got was my phone already had this version. the one thing is why when someone questions the psot noone can answer i kept asking my phone says it has this version and answer so now did the update and still no texting so now what?
    01-15-09 12:39 AM
    what about service books? try that to get your features up to speed?
    01-15-09 08:53 PM
    You know I dont think that i will ever try a update that is dated the same date i received my phone i installed this up date an to no prevail nothing still works on my curve. now i was told by tech support that this update hurt my phone because now i cant hear from the headset speaker and my phone started tunring off by itself. i'm not saying it's a bad update but since i got my phone the same time it came out i didnt need it. i know it worked for some people and i am glad but i guess i'll think twice about it. also just to fyi everyone there is a patch coming out this month that is certain but the date is unconfirmed .
    01-17-09 01:35 AM
    Guys... This is a placeholder that will always have the latest known OS for the 8350i. Right now the latest available is what everyone already has on their BB. If you try to install it it will say that there's no update needed, unless for some reason you had an older version on the phone.
    01-17-09 06:18 PM
    I think this update was meant for the beta version of the phone, not the retail versions that we have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 07:12 PM
    I had an advocate version of the phone, so mine needed it. Didn't have any trouble installing, but only visible stuff at this point is the removal of Bug Report and update to DocsToGo. But that's just me :-)
    01-19-09 08:43 AM
    The version v4.6.1.83 is actually a demo version of the one located above. I asked the same question to a Blackberry Tech Guy this morning. The version above is actually the full out version.
    01-19-09 08:18 PM
    Just wait like 1 more week and a brand new software update will be out
    01-22-09 01:57 PM
    i'm new here, but just thought i'd add in that i just got off the phone with nextel. The woman told me that they were informed that the new update would be released on the 28th...i just got my phone yesterday, worked last night, now it doesnt...i'm a little pissed..but its still better than my 7100i.
    01-22-09 08:29 PM
    got it Monday from Sprint/Nextel, got it up and running, and then it quit. I ended up doing a "master reset" since its on the Nextel network. Hope you got yours up and running. Still am tweaking it so it stays sync'd with my other BB which is the 8330.
    01-23-09 06:52 AM
    got it Monday from Sprint/Nextel, got it up and running, and then it quit. I ended up doing a "master reset" since its on the Nextel network. Hope you got yours up and running. Still am tweaking it so it stays sync'd with my other BB which is the 8330.
    Master reset cleans everything off the phone right? i can sink it again to get my contacts back and i havent had it long enough to really load anything interesting on it.
    01-23-09 11:09 AM
    This is the one that came with the phone. anyone have 4.6.1.153?
    01-23-09 10:47 PM
    This is the one that came with my phone, what about 4.6.1.153, anyone have it?
    01-23-09 10:48 PM
    can u tell me how to DL voice music to this phone
    01-24-09 07:35 AM
    I have returned 2 phones in less then 30 days with spontanous resets and finding the phone dead on the counter. I refuse to buy another one till there is an OS update so let me know if this new release solves the problems.
    issues I had are dead device on the counter, in web browser it will say not in an WIFI area, mms texting issues and time to time 12 emails at a time come it its not staying connected to the network.
    01-25-09 11:37 AM
    big pun: you can create your own and when you go to play it select menu and assign as ringtone!
    01-25-09 07:35 PM
    I tired this last night but once I installed on my computer and tried to put on my phone it said that no updates were needed for my phone. I still can't receive text like I did on the first day I had my phone. I dont understand but of course this is my first BB so maybe I just dont know what I'm doing either...
    Sprint has a temporary fix for the mms problem, or so they say. I called today about a differant issue and asked when the fix will available. the Service rep told me " he had a temp. and walked me through it. It seems to be working fine, we'll see for how long, call Nextel Customer Care.
    01-27-09 07:43 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD