i was texting on my phone last night and the device just shut off and I have not been able to turn it back on since. after taking the battery out for a few hours the red light would come on then go off for a while. it can be plugged in to the computer and connected and it will even vibrate at times when it's plugged in to the computer. yes it has water damage from 2 weekends ago and i dropped it in a pool and let it dry out for a day. any ideas as to what is going on now or how i can possibly fix it?
    06-19-10 11:24 AM
    Water damage is cumulative as moisture remaining in the system causes corrosion. It sounds like the damage from the event two weekends ago has now compromised a critical function. The warranty doesn't cover water damage, but if you have insurance, you can get a replacement unit.
    06-19-10 11:41 AM
    Water damage is cumulative as moisture remaining in the system causes corrosion. It sounds like the damage from the event two weekends ago has now compromised a critical function. The warranty doesn't cover water damage, but if you have insurance, you can get a replacement unit.
    Thanks jeff, i have sprint, should i call them and ask for one or can i get one from the sprint store near me. I am trying right now to back up my files and restore, but unfortunately its still not working
    06-19-10 11:51 AM
    I've never used Sprint and don't know how their insurance claim process works. If your policy doesn't give you a number or website to contact, visiting a local store would be my next recommendation.

If you have a Media card, be sure to remove it before exchanging. It may not be damaged. It probably won't be possible to make a backup now, but the last one you made will probably be better than nothing.
    06-19-10 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD