I switched blackberry curves (same models 8310), and I used the switch device wizard on Desktop manager.

I've lost my email and browser icons and when I try to get to an internet app (ie. facebook, yahoo), I get an error message stating that I couldn't connect because data service is not available. I was able to access the internet on my other phone.

I've checked the following:
    - Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table (register and received activation text)
    - Options > Mobile Options > Data Services is ON
    - Removed the battery

Any other ideas? I am receiving phone calls, texts and my blackberry messenger app is working.

Thank you!
    06-13-10 04:28 PM
    Resend your Service Books from your BIS for your phone carrier.
    06-13-10 04:49 PM
    06-13-10 05:03 PM
    I found the Rogers BIS url and tried to register however when I put in my PIN and IMEI, I get a message that the devise is not registered with my wireless service provide and to go to Host Routing Table and click register...I've done that about 10 times already and get the test reply back that my handheld has been registered on the wireless network.

I've gone into Manage Connections > Services Status and my Blackberry Internet Services is showing "not connected".

I've found the Service Book, how do I send it?
    06-13-10 05:29 PM
    Try setting up from your device. Go to the setup folder and click on the email settings icon which takes you to the BIS page from there. Log in and input the new imei and pin numbers. Then select menu > service books , send service books.
    06-13-10 05:41 PM
    That won't work on an 8310.

To the OP, did you use the "Change Device" feature on the BIS to switch from your OLD DEVICE to the NEW DEVICE?
    06-13-10 05:58 PM
    We had a similar problem when I upgraded my oldest daughter's curve. Try going into Options>Mobile Network>Press the menu key>Click "Start Provisioning". After it says it's done reboot and see if your browser icon shows back up.
    06-17-10 02:01 PM
    We had a similar problem when I upgraded my oldest daughter's curve. Try going into Options>Mobile Network>Press the menu key>Click "Start Provisioning". After it says it's done reboot and see if your browser icon shows back up.
    I believe that option is unique to Sprint. Verizon BBs don't have that menu option.
    06-17-10 07:38 PM
    Yep. That's a Sprint thing.
    06-17-10 09:44 PM
    Did not know that...thanks for pointing it out.
    06-18-10 12:02 AM
    my device nothing email setup ? how .....
    06-18-10 06:04 AM
    Not sure what language is your native language, but could you try rephrasing your question more clearly so that we can understand what this issue is?
    06-19-10 09:31 AM
    Not sure what language is your native language, but could you try rephrasing your question more clearly so that we can understand what this issue is?
    Norli is Scandinavian.

Norli, to setup your email, open the email setup wizard icon on your device. It's been a while since I last used a BB, but I believe you are looking for an icon that looks like a mail envelope with a gear in front of it.
    06-19-10 02:55 PM
    Norli is Scandinavian.
    Ok. But what about sobri (who posted the question I responded to? I can't really tell the nationality of someone with one post.
    06-19-10 11:39 PM
    Ok. But what about sobri (who posted the question I responded to? I can't really tell the nationality of someone with one post.
    Lol, ha, my bad... yeah, I have no idea then what nationality sobri is.
    06-20-10 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD