08-07-09 01:15 AM
32 12
tools
    well i just got my 8900 yesterday, and i didnt pay full price. the tmobile rep said either get a data plan for blackberries or or simply get unlimited texting. i just got the plain tmobile texting and everything was just fine. hope that helps.
    and also, i dont know if i can use blackberry messenger just with this texting plan. can anyone enlighten me on that?

You need the data plan for bbm to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:01 AM
    ok thanks! i just like exploring everything on my phones so i didnt want to open up bbm and then unknowingly get charged for it
    08-05-09 12:11 AM
    Can I still use AIM without a data plan?
    Last edited by liftsifter; 08-06-09 at 08:58 PM.
    08-05-09 12:24 PM
    Sorry for the double post...

Can I still use AIM without a data plan?
    08-06-09 08:59 PM
    Well I purchased a 8900 Curve from Tmobile last week, they said I had to get the data plan. I simply replied no and they gave it to me without a data plan for no extra charge (though I do have unlimited texting). I work, study, and live in an environment with WiFi everywhere so I do not see the need for a data plan.

Sucks though they got rid of feature enabler. Still trying to figure out how to get more apps to work with WiFi only (If at all possible).
    Last edited by tonycapone; 08-06-09 at 09:55 PM.
    08-06-09 09:51 PM
    Well I purchased a 8900 Curve from Tmobile last week, they said I had to get the data plan. I simply replied no and they gave it to me without a data plan for no extra charge (though I do have unlimited texting). I work, study, and live in an environment with WiFi everywhere so I do not see the need for a data plan.

Sucks though they got rid of feature enabler. Still trying to figure out how to get more apps to work with WiFi only (If at all possible).
    From what I've heard it wasn't T-mobile's idea to force the Blackberry into a data plan.

i was going to get unlimited texting anywho.
    08-07-09 12:37 AM

Yea that really does suck! I use almost every single app with feature enabler. Facebook app works great, all IMs, I even Tumblr with no problems.
    08-07-09 01:15 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD