In reality what is better, a simply everything plan ($100) or the Boost unlimited ($50)
    Please explain.

Boost seems like a sweet deal but is it exactly the same for half the price?

At this point I'm considering going to boost but want to know if its better. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by helofast; 08-11-09 at 10:15 AM.
    08-11-09 10:12 AM
    In reality what is better, a simply everything plan ($100) or the Boost unlimited ($50)
    Please explain.

Boost seems like a sweet deal but is it exactly the same for half the price?

At this point I'm considering going to boost but want to know if its better. Thanks

Boost. Coverage is the same as on the Nextel Network, but no roaming. Save $600 per year if you can live without BB Messesger, and roaming.
    08-11-09 10:52 AM
    There is a cheaper plan if you do not need unlimited minutes.
    It will include BIS unlimted texting including data.
    I believe 450 minutes is $69.99
    900 minutes is $89.99

Although these are not as cheap as Boost they do include the BBM.
    08-11-09 11:00 AM
    So the only differences are no BIS, BBM, and roaming?

08-11-09 11:00 AM
    That is the only thing I know of.

08-11-09 11:03 AM
    There is a cheaper plan if you do not need unlimited minutes.
    It will include BIS unlimted texting including data.
    I believe 450 minutes is $69.99
    900 minutes is $89.99

Although these are not as cheap as Boost they do include the BBM.
    Is BBM the same as any IM(aim, etc)?

I have never used it, I was gonna try data plan when I bought my BB but didn't because I'm in mexico still and international data charges would apply

08-11-09 11:04 AM
    BBM is an instant messager that goes through RIM's servers.
    08-11-09 11:14 AM
    BBM is an instant messager that goes through RIM's servers.
    What exactly does that mean?

08-11-09 11:18 AM
    it is an instant mesanger service that will only communicate with other Blackberry devices with BBM active.
    08-11-09 11:21 AM
    and dont forget the biggest PLUS for using Nextel.... if something should go wrong with the phone itself, trackball cracked screen, you can get it fixed without buying a new phone
    08-11-09 01:01 PM
    and dont forget the biggest PLUS for using Nextel.... if something should go wrong with the phone itself, trackball cracked screen, you can get it fixed without buying a new phone
    That is a big plus, but then again if something were to happen you could fix it with the saved money..

08-11-09 01:16 PM
    boost you can have everything unlimited..its cheaper aslo 50.00..but i agree with the others nextel you have phone insurance..
    08-11-09 01:43 PM
    I haven't looked into it but with a SEP is insurance covered?

I pay $$ for it right now.

08-11-09 03:33 PM
    IMHO, at $50 per month, you could self insure your phone with the savings.
    08-11-09 03:52 PM
    even though i don't have insurance thru boost im saving money every month and i have yet to have any big issues with my boostberry or their service. i tell you what if i were to lose or break my phone (knock on wood) i'd just get one off of craigslist like i did for the one i have now and away we go. you just cant beat 50 bucks unlimited man !
    08-11-09 04:18 PM
    even though i don't have insurance thru boost im saving money every month and i have yet to have any big issues with my boostberry or their service. i tell you what if i were to lose or break my phone (knock on wood) i'd just get one off of craigslist like i did for the one i have now and away we go. you just cant beat 50 bucks unlimited man !
    so very true, but you can take your phone to a service center and they will still repair, you just have to pay for it. But think about it you can get anouther for 150-200, and as long as you backed up your contacts on a norm you will be back in buisness. I love my boostberry
    08-11-09 10:47 PM
    I asked the same question back in the day and the guy @ Sprint (granted it was a salesman) told me the biggest drawback of Boost is that you don't "own" your number because it's pre-paid and no contracts, so, theoretically (not realistically), they could change either your phone number or DC # at any time without notice....Just my $0.02 which may/may not be right, I've been with Nextel since 2004 and been loving it the whole time.
    08-12-09 09:53 AM
    Many of us rely on the data services RIM gives us. Push email, reliable push email, is worth what I pay. Also having tech support available for issues is worth my money. Not having to dink around whenever service books get changed is worth my money.
    If I'm on the road, depending on my phone to function and it isn't because I need to do some new tweak to it, it's worthless to me.

For those of you who just like gadgets and texts, Boost is the way to go.
    For me, the reliability of Nextel and Rims services makes it worth my while.
    08-12-09 11:24 AM
    I asked the same question back in the day and the guy @ Sprint (granted it was a salesman) told me the biggest drawback of Boost is that you don't "own" your number because it's pre-paid and no contracts, so, theoretically (not realistically), they could change either your phone number or DC # at any time without notice....Just my $0.02 which may/may not be right, I've been with Nextel since 2004 and been loving it the whole time.
    Wrong. Your number belongs to you. That is why you can port it to another carrier.
    08-12-09 12:08 PM
    Many of us rely on the data services RIM gives us. Push email, reliable push email, is worth what I pay. Also having tech support available for issues is worth my money. Not having to dink around whenever service books get changed is worth my money.
    If I'm on the road, depending on my phone to function and it isn't because I need to do some new tweak to it, it's worthless to me.

Its funny you would say that because i use my phone to check my email, along with keep my calender and overall organize my day to day. And i do it without paying nextel an increased amount of money. The service for Nextel is the same for both carriers with the exception of who you call for customer service rep. What i notice is so many people with Nextel service who constatly complain about texting dosent work, service books dissapear , and so on. I have to admit i get all my email, all my texts, any app i want to work works, and i have not once had to do a battery pull, or request for my service books to be resent. Seems like Boost is pretty reliable ( just dont ask me to send a BB message lol)
    08-12-09 07:49 PM

This is pretty true.

How would a boost user go on about receiving service books?

08-13-09 02:55 PM
    Disregard about the books, I just read the sticky.

08-13-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD