Mine has been very intermittent but I was able to just send and receive one to myself.
    09-10-09 09:48 AM
    I am having the same problems in NY/NJ. It started out yesterday morning at 9 am I could not send or receive texts. I did a battery pull and then it worked fine all day. Today exactly at 9am it started again. I was texting all morning up until 9am and then when I went to reply to a text it would not go through. I have re registered and resent my service books tehn I checked here and I see there is an issue. I just tried texting myself and nothing, everything else seems to work fine.
    09-10-09 09:48 AM
    All of my texts are saying "Could not retrieve..." Has been going on since about 4am this morning. I'm in NE Oklahoma.
    09-10-09 09:50 AM
    Still DOA here.
    09-10-09 09:52 AM
    Figures...right when I post this, it starts working. I'm a-ok now.
    09-10-09 09:52 AM
    jac since your in Oklahoma send my friends a note letting them know I GOT NO TEXT SERVICE.
    09-10-09 09:55 AM
    I like how everyone posting is in the NE and SE. I'm down here in AZ and can't send or receive texts. Fun stuff
    09-10-09 09:56 AM
    latest email

From the summary report I just received, all data services including messaging should be restored.
    I received you other email with the copy of the message you received on a text. You received the notification fine, but the data services were still having issues at RIM which caused the problem in retrieving the message.
    09-10-09 09:57 AM
    I was having problems all morning, but I just sent myself a text and got it 2 seconds later..NY/CT here~
    09-10-09 10:06 AM
    wow!!! i wonder who else is gonna come out of the woodwork, we got charlie and arai??? is alex gonna show up also?
    09-10-09 10:09 AM
    wow!!! i wonder who else is gonna come out of the woodwork, we got charlie and arai??? is alex gonna show up also?
    LMAO!!!! I'm always around Casp, you're just much better and faster at replying... Would like to hear from alex though!
    09-10-09 10:11 AM
    So if i already have the .204 OS (because my phone is relatively new) is there anything I can do about the text messaging issue?? It hasn't been too horrible since I got the phone but the past 2 days have been ridiculous. 1 out of every 25 messages will come through. And maybe 2 out of every 25 messages will actually send. Restarting my phone does nothing. Taking the battery out does nothing. Any help?
    09-10-09 10:20 AM
    Casper has always been there for us with quick answer and solid tips.
    Big thanks to Casper for all you do.

I wonder if the issue Sprint is having was due to the new plan for all the Everything Data plan holders?
    Now for any one who have an Everything data plan you can call any mobile on any network at anytime without running the meter.
    09-10-09 10:23 AM
    So if i already have the .204 OS (because my phone is relatively new) is there anything I can do about the text messaging issue?? It hasn't been too horrible since I got the phone but the past 2 days have been ridiculous. 1 out of every 25 messages will come through. And maybe 2 out of every 25 messages will actually send. Restarting my phone does nothing. Taking the battery out does nothing. Any help?
    This is an issue currently with the iden network and RIM. All should be resolved shortly.
    09-10-09 10:24 AM
    right now RG i would wait. it seems to be a NEXTEL wide issue.... but on RIMs side. doing all of the above will get you nothing but frustrated.
    09-10-09 10:25 AM
    R-girl we're jus gonna have to wait until Sprint and/or RIM resolve their issue(s).
    09-10-09 10:26 AM
    Back to not being able to retrieve texts. Edit: I can't send either.
    Last edited by jac1599; 09-10-09 at 10:36 AM.
    09-10-09 10:27 AM
    FWIW I'm out here in Missouri. My wife on the Sprint side is A-okay.
    I was concerned this morning when I was unable to send/receive texts. Was reassurred when all other functions were fine. I was also comforted in knowing that I could come here for information as I remembered scanning something here yesterday about outages of some sort. Thanks to Casper, ibbeach0 et al for talking us off ledges, and passing on info as it becomes available. Now if there could be an app for patience, my life could be so much better!

Best,
    Blackie
    09-10-09 10:43 AM
    yeah man. I'm having issues as well. sms's not sending (red X) and not retrieving content, WTF!
    09-10-09 10:48 AM
    It's a relief knowing that this is only just an iden issue and not Boost trying to disable us Boostberry users from texting. That would bite.
    09-10-09 10:58 AM
    I don't get it, wtf is their issue? I've been on hold for like 10 mins now
    09-10-09 11:00 AM
    Check the main page there is a survey about RIM and letting us know when there is a service issue.

Should RIM Offer System Status Notifications?

You want to know?
    You rather be in the dark?
    09-10-09 11:02 AM
    you and all of nextel subscribers calling. they are working on it
    09-10-09 11:02 AM
    Hey Monotune,

They are inundated with calls. I waited over 30 minutes until I decided to check here; which BTW I should've done in the first place. In addition they've had computers crash which isn't helping matters.

This is what I was told when I finally did get through.
    09-10-09 11:04 AM
    Hey Monotune,

They are inundated with calls. I waited over 30 minutes until I decided to check here; which BTW I should've done in the first place. In addition they've had computers crash which isn't helping matters.

This is what I was told when I finally did get through.
    man! I hate this crap

my texts were working just fine 30 mins ago too
    09-10-09 11:06 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD