Anybody "in the know" heard any updates on when Nextel will release OS 5?

Everything I read says 2nd quarter 2010. If that is still the current deadline, we only have a few more days to go!
    06-24-10 10:32 AM
    I spoke with my "personal" account rep about an issue with my phone and at the end of the call I made a comment about 5.0.....he avoided it and just said he didn't know anything about that and wasn't even aware what 5.0 was!!!!! REALLY!! That's too funny, the guy just ran me through some troubleshooting step by step and you're going to say you don't even know what 5.0 is?!?!? Maybe I'm being too hard on this guy but cell phones are his job, don't play stupid!

Basically he didn't see it coming anytime soon I guess!
    06-25-10 10:59 AM
    The company I work for has about 60 or so Nextels. I was talking to our inside rep about 6 weeks ago (after Southern Linc version 5 came out) and she gave me the same line. She said she didn't even know about 5 at all. She told me that the higher ups don't tell them anything. She guessed it was so that they couldn't "leak" information. Who knows how true it is. I'll call her back today and see if her tune changes.
    06-25-10 11:17 AM
    I sent this on 4/20/2010 at 10:41am, and just resent it again. He never answered the first one.

Date: 4/20/2010 10:41:29 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Customer Support

Dear Sir,
    As a long time Sprint/Nextel customer I have a complaint to make. I have used the push to talk direct connect phones since its inception. I currently have the Blackberry 8350i and would like to know why Sprint has not released the 5.0 operating system for this device. Over the past few months we have heard ALL the other Blackberries have been updated, but ours. Today we hear that OS 6.0 is in the works and see updates with pictures. We have heard that Rim has released a OS 5.0 to you for our phone and awaiting distribution. Lots of rumors flying around and I would like a clarification on the status of the OS 5.0 for the Blackberry 8350i. Thank you for your time and support.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Dirt; 06-25-10 at 10:34 PM.
    06-25-10 06:04 PM
    I'm waiting for the word from Sprint that says they screwed up on the 5.0 release info. What they meant to say was it will be out sometime in the second quarter of 2100 not 2010.
    06-25-10 08:52 PM
    I sent this on 4/20/2010 at 10:41am, and just resent it again. He never answered the first one.

Date: 4/20/2010 10:41:29 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Customer Support

Dear Sir,
    As a long time Sprint/Nextel customer I have a complaint to make. I have used the push to talk direct connect phones since its inception. I currently have the Blackberry 8350i and would like to know why Sprint has not released the 5.0 operating system for this device. Over the past few months we have heard ALL the other Blackberries have been updated, but ours. Today we hear that OS 6.0 is in the works and see updates with pictures. We have heard that Rim has released a OS 5.0 to you for our phone and awaiting distribution. Lots of rumors flying around and I would like a clarification on the status of the OS 5.0 for the Blackberry 8350i. Thank you for your time and support.

Jim
    did one also
    06-27-10 05:02 PM
    The only thing I've noticed in the last few days is that they now have the 5.0 for Telus and it's available for them. The RIM sight does not say one word about the 5.0 and I got this information from Blackberry leaks who seem to know what's going on. By the time they do get the 5.0, I'll be ready to get the new spring EVO.
    06-27-10 07:03 PM
    We called our inside sales rep Friday and she said she didn't know anything about OS 5 for the 8350i, much less a release date! Oh well, what can you expect from the reps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 05:30 PM
    No I1, no 5.0, no answers... Doesn't anyone get it? We are politely being asked to leave the building.

We will get the I1, running android 1.5 once it's no longer supported. The rest of the android world is awaiting 2.2!!!

Blackberry has all products running on 5.0 minimum now... Except Sprint's 8350i. RIM will not be supporting 4.x much longer... In fact, BES updates will not include support for anything under 5.0 on next release. Our email is hosted and was informed the same last month that all devices on the BES server will require 5.0 minimum at next update - Possibly early Q3 2010 - to support the latest exchange.

Caught between Sprint and a hard place.
    Last edited by danno1598; 06-30-10 at 04:47 AM.
    06-30-10 04:40 AM
    Over the past week I haven't noticed DM trying to revert me back to 4.6 after it does its sync from my SouthernLinc on Nextel. Anyone else notice this?
    06-30-10 10:45 AM
    About 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the 9650 from the 8350i. I unfortunately had to go back to the 8350i due to not getting any signal with the 9650. I also composed a letter to hesse and spoke with someone in corporate about my laundry list of complaints relating to their service and support (or lack there of). I was told at this time Sprint is no longer dedicating anymore time and money into the IDEN network. I told them this was obvious from any user's perspective. I don't foresee us getting any 5.0 update.

07-03-10 09:53 AM
    Say it ain't so! Say it ain't sooo!!!!

07-04-10 08:31 AM
    Well I got my used bb finally and not the I bought of ebay . When I hooked up to the dm to restore my proir settings and update the bb it says 5.0 is there to be updated but I won't let because it say I'm not a reistered user

07-05-10 11:05 AM
    *snip*I'm not a registered user
    A registered user of what?
    07-05-10 01:32 PM
    I just hooked mine up to DM to sync it and nothing, nadda, zip, zippo.....
    07-05-10 06:30 PM
    I just hooked mine up to DM to sync it and nothing, nadda, zip, zippo.....
    You've done it before?
    07-05-10 06:38 PM
    A registered user of what?
    Of rims blackberry . Made me laugh to they show it to you but won't let you have it

07-05-10 08:35 PM
    the dm software is on your pc, there's no login
    07-06-10 07:55 AM
    I no that's I said to myself. It will let me downgrade but not upgrade

07-06-10 08:16 AM
    Have anyone heard about 5.0 OS release date for NEXTEL?

07-11-10 11:24 PM
    screw 5.0 it will never come...just give up
    07-12-10 03:17 AM
    screw 5.0 it will never come...just give up
    i did give up, switched to sprint and android with an htc hero.

miss my blackberry keyboard and email, but having 3g and such a mailable os makes up for it big time. i'm not really an office type guy anyways, and rarely direct connected anymore.

shame sprint is dragging their feet with nextel, don't feel too left out, they're not wanting to give us hero owners android 2.2 either, so they're pretty much being jerks to everyone.
    07-12-10 06:06 PM
    Have anyone heard about 5.0 OS release date for NEXTEL?

I have not "heard" or seen anything. However, I think that one can easily determine the date by checking with the weather service, ask when h_ll is freezing over, then add three weeks to that date. Just a hunch, YMMV!
    07-12-10 06:56 PM
    I have not "heard" or seen anything. However, I think that one can easily determine the date by checking with the weather service, ask when h_ll is freezing over, then add three weeks to that date. Just a hunch, YMMV!
    Are sure its not the day after tomorrow

07-12-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD