i have a boostberry but my question is not regarding my phone....a friend of mine has a blackberry 8350i with nextel service and the reps tell her that in order to recieve txts she needs to have the internet plan, so that means she cant text right now....wouldnt it be the same as a boostberry, just a matter of loading some sort of NEXTEL SERVICE BOOKS in order for them to work? to me it sounds kinda ridiculous since all we have to do is load service books and we make it work, cant it be the same for nextel or similar?
    06-02-10 11:29 PM
    I just went through this with my 8350i and got my texts working by adding some of the boost service books. Cant remember exactly how I did it (besides lots of searching) but I have it all saved on my other computer, I will look at it and tell you how I did it soon.
    06-03-10 01:02 AM
    i have a boostberry but my question is not regarding my phone....a friend of mine has a blackberry 8350i with nextel service and the reps tell her that in order to recieve txts she needs to have the internet plan, so that means she cant text right now....wouldnt it be the same as a boostberry, just a matter of loading some sort of NEXTEL SERVICE BOOKS in order for them to work? to me it sounds kinda ridiculous since all we have to do is load service books and we make it work, cant it be the same for nextel or similar?
    Load combined3 service books found here and you should be ok.
    06-03-10 09:14 AM
    thanks guys....will try that out and let my friend know the good news! lol
    06-04-10 02:06 AM
    Without some kind of data plan your friend may incur data charges. You can load combined3 and all will work but the BB8350i uses data to transmit and receive texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD