Last night I discovered I was not receiving email to my 8350i. I tried battery pulls, deleting/resending service books, etc.all to no sucess. Today I bit the bullet and subjected myself to trying to get the problem worked out with BB tech support. While rep #1 was reprovisioning the phone she says to me, "uh oh". Said she would call me back. Never did...surprising I know. Called back later and spoke with rep #2. He was actually very helpful. Said rep #1 put my account into "complete error" meaning I will be able to do nothing data related. He reprovisioned my phone and also told me there is a national outage on the BIS network affecting all email on Sprint/Nextel BBs. I searched for this on the forum because if this is the case someone would have surely posted about it. I found nothing. Is anyone have issues with getting email on the 8350i and if so any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 09:30 PM
    My email has been fine. Did you try re-registering your host routing table Lawden?
    options>advanced options>host routing table>highlight one in list>menu button>register now

I have to do that after every battery pull.
    Last edited by alex63; 02-03-09 at 10:24 PM.
    02-03-09 09:35 PM
    There were about a millions threads yesterday about the RIM Service outage. Its true and its back up now.
    Last edited by azboricua; 02-03-09 at 09:43 PM.
    02-03-09 09:39 PM
    Its true and its back up now.
    Sent myself a test email. Still nothing. Have tried battery pulls and have tried re-registering the host routing tables. Nothing
    02-03-09 10:21 PM
    you know i havent had any issues with my emails i still cant get into my bis account everytime i try it say check your information and try again rims tech couldnt do anything either so i guess theres nothing anyone can do.
    02-03-09 10:31 PM
    you know i havent had any issues with my emails i still cant get into my bis account everytime i try it say check your information and try again rims tech couldnt do anything either so i guess theres nothing anyone can do.
    this happened to me with my 7100i.
    I got on with nextel tech suppport and reset my info so it was alll in sync with my current data!
    02-04-09 12:54 AM
    I had the same issue last nite I could not access the web or receive any messages... I was told their was a shortage in my area since the 27th and to wait it out. this didn't make sense to me since ive been using my data / Messaging services all week so I decided to give it another try and call sprint again the rep I spoke to the second time said nothing about a shortage and was able to get my phone up and running in under 10 mins.... so my question is was their really a shortage?
    02-04-09 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD