Newbie ***** here, but is this for AT+T too??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can use it with any provider
    10-06-08 08:03 PM
    i finally got it all downloaded and working...i think. I tried to get on the BB web browser and it goes from being GPRS to SOS. i dont have a whole lot of signal where i am, but i find it strange still. i do have a data plan so im not on WIFI. also my Facebook icon dissappeared but it says i have it on my phone
    10-06-08 09:02 PM
    Anyway to put US English on the phone? Not that I hate the Brits. But, I'm used to American English.
    10-06-08 09:54 PM
    Alright, any help here would be tremendously appreciated. I just upgraded my os to V4.5.0.81 today, very excited about the Video, but, ever since I completed the upgrade, my phone keeps shutting off and powering up again, it's extremely irritating. I am in the US on AT&T. Again, any help would be great, I leave it in the hands of the Guru's.

Thanks!
    10-06-08 10:02 PM
    Newbie ***** here, but is this for AT+T too??

I upgraded and I'm on AT&T.
    10-06-08 10:54 PM
    Ok so I'm not savvy to the whole OS thing so I have a couple questions...

What's the benefit of upgrading to the v4.5/81? I'm currently on v4.2?

Will I lose any info when I download it? (I have the the Desktop Mngr so should be no prob reloading my info)

Where do I find the vendor.xml file? I'm on TMo.

Last edited by Cammie B; 10-07-08 at 12:25 AM.
    10-06-08 11:38 PM
    I want the video camera on my phone. I went to the link provided, but how do i know which program to download? I downloaded the one for the 8320, but it only gave me version 4.2. What am I doing wrong? I have t-mobile, is there an easier way to get the latest version installed?
    Last edited by Lolo5674; 10-07-08 at 12:29 AM.
    10-07-08 12:23 AM
    Is this version (East Asia) also compatible with Chinese language input?
    10-07-08 01:37 AM
    Ok so I'm not savvy to the whole OS thing so I have a couple questions...

What's the benefit of upgrading to the v4.5/81? I'm currently on v4.2?

Will I lose any info when I download it? (I have the the Desktop Mngr so should be no prob reloading my info)

Where do I find the vendor.xml file? I'm on TMo.

Key features of 4.5 over 4.2 are HTML email, and video recorder. There are other features, but frankly I've been using 4.5 for so long and upgraded a week after I got my Curve, I can't remember what they are.

There should be no data loss. Backup before you start and follow the instructions for backing up 3rd party apps. Also, I suggest using the upgrade procedure using Crackmem. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Vendor.xml will be located here: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Most important, be patient. The update can take up to an hour of total time.
    10-07-08 06:21 AM
    Agreed...when I updated, it took at least 40 minutes. It was well worth it though.

10-07-08 07:26 AM
    Anyway to put US English on the phone? Not that I hate the Brits. But, I'm used to American English.
    go to Options, Language and there you go
    10-07-08 08:36 AM
    Key features of 4.5 over 4.2 are HTML email, and video recorder. There are other features, but frankly I've been using 4.5 for so long and upgraded a week after I got my Curve, I can't remember what they are.

There should be no data loss. Backup before you start and follow the instructions for backing up 3rd party apps. Also, I suggest using the upgrade procedure using Crackmem. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Vendor.xml will be located here: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Most important, be patient. The update can take up to an hour of total time.
    Thanks so much for the info! I'm gonna upgrade today when I have an hr to spare (an hr without the use of my bb....*sigh*) lol

Thanks again

10-07-08 08:50 AM
    Good luck. I'd do the upgrade during tonights debate. That way after you get all fired up, you'll be calmed by the serenity of your newly upgraded BB.
    10-07-08 09:00 AM
    Good luck. I'd do the upgrade during tonights debate. That way after you get all fired up, you'll be calmed by the serenity of your newly upgraded BB.
    Hahaha...I'm getting it together as we speak...couldnt wait ...I'm gonna need it during the debate incase I need to vent lol
    10-07-08 11:37 AM
    Please help! I have read all the instructions and tried to upgrade. Now my phone has a FATAL error and won't be recognized by the DM. I pulled the battery, and NOTHING is helping!! Can someone PLEASE walk me through this personally??? pretty please???

very sad

Anne
    10-07-08 12:10 PM
    I just checked the TMo site, I dont have the v4.5 available for download only a newer version of the 4.2. I HATE TMo!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere else I can download the v4.5 from?
    10-07-08 12:39 PM
    I gotta admit the first time i installed this it kept rebooting my phone everytime i insert my sd card...i was told to reformat it and it still didnt work so some one told me to unstall it and leave my sd card in there and now it work flawless...
    10-07-08 12:52 PM
    I just checked the TMo site, I dont have the v4.5 available for download only a newer version of the 4.2. I HATE TMo!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere else I can download the v4.5 from?
    You have to get 4.5 from the link in the first post.
    10-07-08 01:01 PM
    You have to get 4.5 from the link in the first post.
    Ok, I went there but I think I was mistaken in what I saw, I thought I was going to have to download the media manager again. Is this the link I want (Blackberry Device Manager ENG 4.5.0.13)?
    10-07-08 01:26 PM
    Ok, I went there but I think I was mistaken in what I saw, I thought I was going to have to download the media manager again. Is this the link I want (Blackberry Device Manager ENG 4.5.0.13)?
    Click on the link:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...19656875EE557C.

Select Blackberry Curve 8320 from the drop down box, then click next.

This is what you will download:

Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8320 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.5.0.108
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.81
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.78
    File name: 8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_ Voda_Australia.exe
    File size: 73.87MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
    Click download, and fill in the annoying form.

Click Next.

Select Agree and click next

Click Download.
    10-07-08 01:38 PM
    Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks WNM, you're the best!!!!
    10-07-08 01:44 PM
    You're welcome.
    10-07-08 01:46 PM
    So you just left your SD Card in while you loaded .81? and now it works fine?
    10-07-08 01:53 PM
    Yeah, I wondered what he meant. I know that I have done my upgrades with the card installed and haven't had any card issues.
    10-07-08 01:58 PM
    Yea cause some one told me to take my sd card out whn I upgrade and whn I did it work but soon as I put the media card in after 5min it would just reboot and it got to the point whr it would just come on thn reboot so I reinstalled it wit the media card in my phone and it hasn't rebooted yet it works great..

10-07-08 02:50 PM
1,042 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD