Funny you mention that, because the problem I experienced occurred on my first upgrade to .55 when I did not do the back up 3rd party apps. I only had a couple and figured it would be easier to just reinstall. The subsequent 2 upgrades, I did do the back up 3rd part apps first, and then upgraded, and never had a problem again.

Guess I should wash my car today so it will rain.
    10-06-08 07:57 AM
    So...your good now?
    It was wonderful trying to help you last night.
    I was helping 4 of you at the same time lol
    On your way to a Moderator position.

BTW, were neighbors, I'm in Lansdale.
    10-06-08 07:58 AM
    My LED light isnt working when i get incoming email or text. I'm going crazy help!!!!!!!!!
    10-06-08 09:11 AM
    guys and gals thanks for all the help, i just got it installed last night. I deleted EVERYTHING that had to do with BB, dl'd DM 4.5, then started over and it worked. The only issue im having now is that everytime i reset my device i have to rehide all those shop icons and stuff that i dont use. i tried making a folder and putting them in there, but the folder disappears and i have to do it all again everytime i reset. Is this normal, or is there something i can do to fix this?
    10-06-08 09:29 AM
    guys and gals thanks for all the help, i just got it installed last night. I deleted EVERYTHING that had to do with BB, dl'd DM 4.5, then started over and it worked. The only issue im having now is that everytime i reset my device i have to rehide all those shop icons and stuff that i dont use. i tried making a folder and putting them in there, but the folder disappears and i have to do it all again everytime i reset. Is this normal, or is there something i can do to fix this?
    Make a new folder, then put those service book icons(media net, themes, songs, etc) into the folder. Then highlight the folder and hide it. I did it with my Curve when I was using it, and it worked on my wifes Curve from .69 to .93.
    10-06-08 10:18 AM
    Hey K9fiveO or anyone in the know,
    Thanks for the find, Question, does this (Software v4.5.0.108) work on the VZW BB Curve 8330? My 8330Curve is not listed in the drop down menu to select device, also, what version of the BB Desktop Manager should I be running?

Thanks, only had this BB for a day now....still working my way through it.

Deshi
    Last edited by Deshi; 10-06-08 at 10:50 AM.
    10-06-08 10:45 AM
    Hey K9fiveO or anyone in the know,
    Thanks for the find, Question, does this (Software v4.5.0.108) work on the VZW BB Curve 8330? My 8330Curve is not listed in the drop down menu to select device, also, what version of the BB Desktop Manager should I be running?

Thanks, only had this BB for a day now....still working my way through it.

Deshi
    No as the title says it's only for the GSM 8300, 8310, & 8320. Look for the other sticky for the 8330, You're looking for .77.
    10-06-08 11:23 AM
    is there a .108 for 8320? :S i just updated to .81, by the way since .52 im having serious battery loss, i cant be in a call for more than 10 min without being conected to AC or USB because the phone turns off, and then i cant turn it on unless conected, and then its said the battery is 100% can someone help me with this?
    10-06-08 11:41 AM
    should i delete anything blackberry related like my old DM before i download the new OS onto my computer? im having quite a bit of trouble with this whole ordeal. like i said last night, it started downloading, i deleted the vendor .xml deal and then after a minute or two it gave me an error message and wasn't able to download. any help is appreciated
    10-06-08 12:29 PM
    Thanks crucial, we'll do, thanks again.

Deshi
    10-06-08 12:37 PM
    Hey guys, I'm new to the site but not to the tricks of the trade. Here is my problem.
    I downloaded the New OS for my AT&T 8310 which I unlocked and am using with T-mobile currently. I went into the BlackBerry.alx file in Vista and edited all the Vendors to 102. I save the file then i delete the Vendor.xml file. all is great until here.
    When i plug my phone in and open up DM, it does a sync and then tells me nothing is left to sync. I go into Application Loader and my new OS 4.5.081 does not show up. What is it that I am doing wrong, From what i have been doing, i have followed all the directions to a tee. Am I overlooking something? Any help will greatly be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Vic
    10-06-08 12:56 PM
    Just a reminder loading an unofficial vender release will void ur warrenty and any insurance u have been paying I'm just going to wait till att releases theirs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 01:28 PM
    I Think I fixed the problem So previous post, As of now, Nevermind. I Uninstalled the OS update, reinstalled it again but this time when it asked me if i wanted to start the DM after i click finish, i left the part open, deleted the vendor.xml file and replaced the Vendor #'s with 102 (AT&T). Then i went back to the setup screen and selected the Check to open DM after clicking on Finish and i see now that it is currently installing the Update. Whether or not the Vendor themes work, I will definately not know until installation is complete. I will keep you posted for those of you who might still be having problems...
    10-06-08 02:00 PM
    Hey guys, I'm new to the site but not to the tricks of the trade. Here is my problem.
    I downloaded the New OS for my AT&T 8310 which I unlocked and am using with T-mobile currently. I went into the BlackBerry.alx file in Vista and edited all the Vendors to 102. I save the file then i delete the Vendor.xml file. all is great until here.
    When i plug my phone in and open up DM, it does a sync and then tells me nothing is left to sync. I go into Application Loader and my new OS 4.5.081 does not show up. What is it that I am doing wrong, From what i have been doing, i have followed all the directions to a tee. Am I overlooking something? Any help will greatly be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Vic
    What do you mean you "edited" all vendors to 102??
    10-06-08 02:01 PM
    well im going back to 4.2 the 4.5 is great but why should i keep it and everytime in install my media card it reboots every five minutes i reformatted my 2gb didnt work i bought a 4gb didnt work so like somebody said ill just wait till ATT brings out there official 4.5
    10-06-08 02:18 PM
    Installed Rogers version .81 on my U.S. T-Mobile 8320 last Friday (previously running UK Orange version .52). The upgrade went smoothly, although there was good 20-30 minute period of "spinning hourglass" where I was sure I bricked my Curve. I love all of the extras in 4.5, but I was having some problems with .52 where my phone would lock up or the media player would freeze requiring a battery pull. The phone seems to run smoother since the upgrade and I haven't had to do a single battery pull since Friday. Haven't really used the media player yet, so I can't say if that has become more stable with this release. I don't understand why there seem to be so many people that have difficulty with these upgrades - all of my upgrades have went smooth as silk.
    10-06-08 02:19 PM
    Edited in the sense that i replaced one of the Vendor Id #'s with 102. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. at First i went and erased the vendor ID completely so that each Vendor (i.e. T-mobile, Vodafone, China Telecom etc would only have the # 102. Then i did some research and noticed that i was only supposed to change one of the Vendor ID's from each Vendor if it had more than one number. So therefore i changed all of the Vendors to contain atleast 102, some have other numbers as well but i made sure that 102 was in each and every vendor list.
    10-06-08 02:26 PM
    Since I upgraded to .81 I've been unable to save docs on my phone. I can view the ones I previously saved when I had .52. I did a forum search for documents to go issues but haven't come across this. Any ideas people?
    10-06-08 02:43 PM
    I have the .81 rel on a ATT 8310 and the only feature that appears not to be working is when I select reply - enter a message - there is no option to send.... only to save...

has anyone else seen this? Suggestions?
    10-06-08 04:55 PM
    I upgraded from .55 to .81 last night, and running much more smoother. What's funny is that my software updated on saturday, although I had not downloaded the software. It appears that DM did its job, checked for updates and applied before I realized what had happened. Since Saturday, I've had serious issues with memory leaks, not being able to send pics, and not receiving either.

I realized yesterday the issue and downloaded the actual software. I did experience some of PsychoVik's issues where after downloading it not recognizing the change. I realized it timed out several times, so after downloading and watching closely, it dl'd all 75 mb.

I've noticed no more memory leaks which .55 was good for. 24 hrs later this seems much more stable, no memory or low battery issues. Loving it!!!

10-06-08 05:16 PM
    Hmmm okay, finally got 4.5 to show up in my application loader on DTM. I am getting an error message though. It says I'm missing: BlackBerry ECMAScript Library so it won't let me upgrade. Where is that? Where did it go? And how do I get it back? lol ...
    10-06-08 06:14 PM
    anyone know how well this update to 4.5 works on a verizon 8330 curve . i talked to a few people and evidently it causes alot of issues with the phone after installation
    10-06-08 06:24 PM
    anyone know how well this update to 4.5 works on a verizon 8330 curve . i talked to a few people and evidently it causes alot of issues with the phone after installation
    This particular update isn't for the 8330. Look at the other sticky in the 83xx sub-forum. You're looking for 4.5.0.77. And most who have it installed say it's quite stable with no problems.
    10-06-08 07:15 PM
    Newbie ***** here, but is this for AT+T too??

10-06-08 07:47 PM
    I upgraded last night from 4.5.0.52 to this .81 release, and much improved. File free is nearly double at all times, its faster everywhere, I no longer get the 5 second thinking error, and it processes images faster after taking a photo.
    10-06-08 07:58 PM
1,042 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD