YIM is there. BBM is not lol wth is that all about
    I just did a battery pull as well. *sighs*
    A battery pull will not bring an app back. Once again, plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove programs and put a check mark in the BBM box then click finish.
    10-01-08 08:25 PM
    Ok, the box is already checked off for BBM.
    Should I uncheck it, delete it and then add it again?
    10-01-08 08:29 PM
    Ok, the box is already checked off for BBM.
    Should I uncheck it, delete it and then add it again?
    You don't delete it. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications and does it have BBM listed? If not go to apploader and install it.
    10-01-08 08:31 PM
    Its listed. I will post a picture of what it looked like before I upgraded...and what it looks like now:

10-01-08 08:37 PM
    I gotta get going for a while.. keep me updated Dizzy, or SD

Bye for now
    10-01-08 08:38 PM
    I've tired everything possible and I can't get this to work. Im trying to run the update on an ATT 8310 Curve with 4.2.2.170. i have no other OS installed on my computer. Ive followed all the instructions from all the differen tutorials and nothing happens.
    10-01-08 08:38 PM
    I've tired everything possible and I can't get this to work. Im trying to run the update on an ATT 8310 Curve with 4.2.2.170. i have no other OS installed on my computer. Ive followed all the instructions from all the differen tutorials and nothing happens.
    I know you think you've followed all the instructions but you are missing something. The instructions never change. Make sure you delete the Vendor XML file and re-boot your computer.

@Dizzy is BBM listed in Applications on the device?
    10-01-08 08:42 PM
    Did you delete the vendor file?

This is the cause usually of the new OS not being able to update.
    I just did the update and I've only had a problem with a missing icon. Nothing else.
    10-01-08 08:42 PM
    It sure is.
    10-01-08 08:44 PM
    The BBM icon shows when I hit the (Is it called the Menu button?) button, but when I go back to the regular desktop with 6 icons at the bottom it doesnt show like I pasted above.
    10-01-08 08:47 PM
    The BBM icon shows when I hit the (Is it called the Menu button?) button, but when I go back to the regular desktop with 6 icons at the bottom it doesnt show like I pasted above.
    Oh, that's your theme. I cannot control that. I'd suggest switching to a different one. Check out this site and this theme maker(Mothy) he has some awesome 4.5 Bold themes--> Mothy's 83xx/88xx Series Themes - BlueRoomSolution
    10-01-08 08:51 PM
    You hit the nail on the head. I downloaded the 4.5 theme and removed the 4.2 and the BBM icon is there.

So this means I have to remove all of my 4.2 themes?
    10-01-08 09:34 PM
    I've been waiting for ATT but I think it may be time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-01-08 09:48 PM
    You hit the nail on the head. I downloaded the 4.5 theme and removed the 4.2 and the BBM icon is there.

So this means I have to remove all of my 4.2 themes?
    You don't have to, but it's probably better.
    10-01-08 09:50 PM
    YOU GUYS ARE THE FREAKING BEST.

Thank you for being so patient with all of questions tonight.
    If it weren't for the EXCELLENT tutorials and all of you who hopped in when I posted concerns, I wouldn't have been able to keep my nerve while upgrading.

And I deleted the themes that were 4.2. Just to be safe.
    I had to redownload Facebook because it wasnt showing, not it is.

I have to go back to my original screenshots to see if Im missing anything else

*HUGS HUGS HUGS*

Thank you so much everyone for your help!
    10-01-08 10:00 PM
    YOU GUYS ARE THE FREAKING BEST.

Thank you for being so patient with all of questions tonight.
    If it weren't for the EXCELLENT tutorials and all of you who hopped in when I posted concerns, I wouldn't have been able to keep my nerve while upgrading.

And I deleted the themes that were 4.2. Just to be safe.
    I had to redownload Facebook because it wasnt showing, not it is.

I have to go back to my original screenshots to see if Im missing anything else

*HUGS HUGS HUGS*

Thank you so much everyone for your help!
    One more thing for the next upgrade. Themes and 3rd party applications are the root cause for a app error(bricking) the device during an upgrade. It doesn't happen all the time but it does some. Make sure next time to back up your 3rd party applications. Theres a guide in the How-To section. It's also good to do regardless of upgrading or not.
    10-01-08 10:09 PM
    Yup I did. I followed the sticky and a few other posts on here and they all recommended I back them up, and I did.
    10-02-08 06:15 AM
    Now, I'm getting this stupid email envelope making it appear I have a message and I dont.

And someone recommended hit u, but when I do that it's asking me if I want to assign it as a speed dial
    10-02-08 06:17 AM
    U isnt going to do anything, if you have dial from home screen turned off, it will bing up the calculator.
    10-02-08 06:24 AM
    Now, I'm getting this stupid email envelope making it appear I have a message and I dont.

And someone recommended hit u, but when I do that it's asking me if I want to assign it as a speed dial
    This happened the first time I upgraded from 4.2. It eventually goes away.
    10-02-08 07:53 AM
    I had that happen when I upgraded to .69. After I re-downloaded "Dimension Today Plus" theme and made it active it went away.
    10-02-08 10:45 AM
    I know you think you've followed all the instructions but you are missing something. The instructions never change. Make sure you delete the Vendor XML file and re-boot your computer.

@Dizzy is BBM listed in Applications on the device?

I tried that and nothing. I uninstalled the os 4.5 i already had installed on the computer restarted it and then i reinstalled it delted vendor.xml and then i restarted my computer i turned it on connected the usb cable and then my phone. my computer said installing new drivers etc and then it said its finished and then i opend up DM and then it said searching for updates, nothing happened and then i clicked app loader and nothing again. I cant get it to work and I have a friend who was able to!
    10-02-08 11:06 AM
    I too am having the same problem. I did everything as suggested like arukean, and I still am unable to upload the new OS. I did it with another berry, but for whatever reason, this one won't accept the new OS. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas? ANY advice would be greatly apprecited. Thanks.
    10-02-08 12:59 PM
    I too am having the same problem. I did everything as suggested like arukean, and I still am unable to upload the new OS. I did it with another berry, but for whatever reason, this one won't accept the new OS. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas? ANY advice would be greatly apprecited. Thanks.
    This OS has been installed by thousands. Nothing is different. Remove any previous OS, download and install OS to computer. Delete the Vendor XML file. Plug in device>Open DM> it should prompt for update. If it doesn't select apploader>add/remove programs and finish.
    10-02-08 01:22 PM
    Are you connect to a USB port on a monitor or other external source or directly to the computer?
    When I first tried to install .69 it would not load correctly and bricked my phone and it was connect to a USB port on the monitor. When I moved the USB connection directly to the computer I was able recover my BB and load .69 with no problems.
    10-02-08 01:38 PM
1,042 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD