Ok, i just upgraded to 4.5.0.81 on my 8310 and all went well. I noticed something that i have not read about yet. Under the options and under advanced there is a new option called wireless upgrade...Can anyone tell me what that is?
    Thanks!
    10-05-08 09:54 PM
    i dont see it under mines.i wonder what it is.
    10-05-08 10:00 PM
    I installed the new os and got the 4.5 dm and deleted the vendor xml file but when I plug my phone in and start up dm it only shows the 3rd party apps i installed not any of the basic phone stuff! Can anyone help???
    10-05-08 10:29 PM
    By the way should I reformat my media card in my bb or cpu

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 10:30 PM
    Doing it as we speak
    10-05-08 10:30 PM
    By the way should I reformat my media card in my bb or cpu

Format media card on BB then just load everything back.
    10-05-08 10:32 PM
    Ooops got good advice from pimpmyberry so thanks!!
    10-05-08 10:32 PM
    After downloadin and installing the new OS I have lost one of my Browser options which is the Internet Browser. I only have the option to use T-Zones and Wi-Fi Browser... T-Zones will not allow me to open every page that I visit on a regular basis (including Crackberry) and I dont always have access to Wi-Fi. Did anyone else lose "Internet Browser" and does anyone know how I can get it back?
    options > Advanced Options > host routing table > Menu button/register now
    10-05-08 10:33 PM
    Hi. Sunday nite and i just finished upgrading to .81 on my 8310 at&t using crackmem (thanks pete). it was simple, thankfully and all my 3rd party apps work; splashID data didnt make it but i can grab that from my desktop version. docs to go is there as is the video cam! gps is fine. i have garmin and greenfinder and they both seem ok. my bphone theme came across too! i also got the yellowpages as an uninvited bonus!

CB inspired me and guided me. nice place, you got here!

m
    10-05-08 10:37 PM
    OMG its awsome. Video recorder. watch youtube videos direct. smoother opperation as well
    10-05-08 11:08 PM
    I am now on board with 4.5!!!!!!
    I was horrified then scared then in ecstacy
    Not on ecstacy!!! I made my first video
    omg!!!
    love it
    gotta go!!
    10-05-08 11:26 PM
    after i download the new software from online i try to run it and it show me an error, the install wizard wont even pop up. do i need to close DM and disconnect my BB from my computer before opening this new OS and download to my computer? do i need to delete the vendor xml file after i download it from online or before i download it onto the phone?
    10-06-08 12:19 AM
    never mind, i think i might have figured it out! we'll see though, its in the process of installing right now!
    10-06-08 12:36 AM
    hey guys, i just upgraded to 4.5 on my curve 8310 and after all my preload images were gone!!! anybody know if i can get these back?
    10-06-08 12:45 AM
    Well so far everything is a go I still haven't had time to reformat my card I just wanted to test out everything but thanks to everyone who told me tht my media card needed to be formatted and thts why my phone kept rebooting...thanks once again to everyone like before if I notice anything ill post it up..

10-06-08 12:47 AM
    ok, im going to bed. this is frustrating the heck out of me. i started downloading it to my phone end everything looked like it was going smooth. then after about a minute or two it said something about a fatal error or something. i dont know how to uninstall 4.2 and was actually told not to just in case something went wrong. i had my phone plugged in the entire time while downloading it to my computer and to the device. im just not understanding what im doing wrong. and now after this error and everything i look at my phone and it says my radio is off, i have the word OFF in red where my signal usually is so im just going to do a restore and hopefully that will help
    10-06-08 01:09 AM
    I've finally got this installed(Thanks to you guys!) but it's not showing my facebook icon. How can I go about getting it back and reinstalling it?
    10-06-08 03:03 AM
    i had tht same problem Courtastic i just went back on the blackberry site ad reinstalled it.
    10-06-08 03:18 AM
    How weird. I went back into DM to delete it so I could reinstall, and I got a confirmation message saying it was deleted. However upon looking at my BB's icons, it reappeared!

I'm not complaining though.
    10-06-08 03:39 AM
    i'm currently running v4.5.0.52 and i'm absolutely paranoid about upgrading to .81. Even though my first upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 went without a hitch, i just can't seem to summon enough balls to do it.
    10-06-08 05:54 AM
    Ok, i just upgraded to 4.5.0.81 on my 8310 and all went well. I noticed something that i have not read about yet. Under the options and under advanced there is a new option called wireless upgrade...Can anyone tell me what that is?
    Thanks!
    The OS includes a feature to upgrade wirelessly. However, it's not implemented, so the first time you reset your BB, the option disappears.
    10-06-08 06:37 AM
    I've finally got this installed(Thanks to you guys!) but it's not showing my facebook icon. How can I go about getting it back and reinstalling it?
    i had this issue, with a couple of apps, you need to reinstall. I had this problem with facebook and gtalk. Reinstalled them, work perfect
    10-06-08 06:37 AM
    How weird. I went back into DM to delete it so I could reinstall, and I got a confirmation message saying it was deleted. However upon looking at my BB's icons, it reappeared!

I'm not complaining though.
    I have had a similar experience with upgrading as have others. Apps disappear or are forced to be uninstalled when you run app loader after an upgrade. Then the next time you run app loader you can reinstall the app or it reappears on your BB?
    10-06-08 06:40 AM
    i had tht same problem Courtastic i just went back on the blackberry site ad reinstalled it.
    So...your good now?
    It was wonderful trying to help you last night.
    I was helping 4 of you at the same time lol
    10-06-08 06:43 AM
    I have had a similar experience with upgrading as have others. Apps disappear or are forced to be uninstalled when you run app loader after an upgrade. Then the next time you run app loader you can reinstall the app or it reappears on your BB?
    This is why you backup your 3rd party applications seperate, and then after the upgrade you just restore them. Check the How-To forum for a guide.
    10-06-08 06:44 AM
1,042 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD