Lying muthaer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Busted!
    07-20-09 09:23 AM
    -- Ok it finally finished downloading but its an exe file and it won't load on Desktop Manager for me... any ideas?

I am on Windows XP.
    -excuse me please-

--- I ran the exe and it said something about Install *something*(wizard maybe) complete! and I noticed the vendor file was added to the file that you told us to delete from after the install sign popped up on my computer.... Not sure if that's important but thought I would say something!
    Last edited by like_itnot; 07-20-09 at 10:13 AM.
    07-20-09 10:07 AM
    -- Ok it finally finished downloading but its an exe file and it won't load on Desktop Manager for me... any ideas?

I am on Windows XP.
    -excuse me please-
    Gosh darn kids these days! You need to install it on your PC, then DM will see it. Get CrackMem installed and follow what my guide says about it. You'll appreciate the extra memory.

07-20-09 10:11 AM
    I haven't had any issues with 161, I'm going to wait.
    07-20-09 10:20 AM
    It's in the process of updating the device now it says (Application Loader Wizard).

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions.

-- The reason I couldn't get it to work previously is because I was deleting the vendor file before I was opening the .exe onto my computer! (which once it was installed the vendor file was showing back up in the folder and I didn't delete it lol. Rookie mistake. Apparently I need to learn how to read.
    Last edited by like_itnot; 07-20-09 at 10:49 AM.
    07-20-09 10:46 AM
    That's ok! Yes, deleting that beforehand would cause you problems. Now don't get excited and stop it before it's complete.

07-20-09 10:56 AM
    lol, don't worry it's been going for quite some time now (currently waiting for Device initialization) ... not yet complete. I'm a patient person when it comes to this stuff.
    Thanks again!
    07-20-09 11:02 AM
    I'm gonna try this right now.. i've been having problems today with BBM 5 and 161.. today for some reason i couldn't even open bbm, i had to reinstall it. and it's lagging on data send/receive. some messages it sends right away, and some it just doesnt want to send. so i'm gonna try to see if this helps. also ever since 161 my tmo fav5 "your fav 5 have been updated" shows up EVERYTIME i reboot, and it pops up like 4 or 5 times each time i reboot. don't know if that's related, but it started happening when i went from 124?? to 161 ..
    07-21-09 01:01 AM
    still no luck on nstallin bbm 5 or .162 2 bb.
    07-21-09 03:18 AM
    still no luck on nstallin bbm 5 or .162 2 bb.
    That's going to require a little more detail. You should be doing it as one package, where are you getting stuck?
    07-21-09 03:48 AM
    when i delete vender.xml or what eveer it is i run the Loader.exe. go through those steps nd it tell me that its ncompatiable wit my bb.
    07-21-09 11:22 AM
    Either you haven't deleted vendor.xml from the OS you're installing, or your using DM 4.7 and need to disconnect from the internet.

07-21-09 11:29 AM
    Thanks, Wolf.
    I will give it a try later tonight.
    07-21-09 07:04 PM
    correct me if im wrong but it will say something about a downgrade right before it starts the update right?
    07-22-09 01:51 PM
    correct me if im wrong but it will say something about a downgrade right before it starts the update right?
    If your upgrading from anything but .161, it shouldn't mention a downgrade. If your upgrading from .161, you will have to use the loader.exe to execute the install or it will fail to start.

07-22-09 05:42 PM
    I'm not at home so this is a crazy question where can the loader.exe be found? and do I run that with the destop manger? how do this work
    07-23-09 07:52 AM
    You'll see two folders when you open the OS folder. One is loader. You'll see the loader.exe inside there. It runs by itself.

07-23-09 08:28 AM
    I'm not at home so this is a crazy question where can the loader.exe be found? and do I run that with the destop manger? how do this work
    Loader.exe is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.

Loader.exe is a standalone program. Just follow the prompts. It's very similar to DM. You can find detailed instructions in BB 101 lecture series.
    07-23-09 08:29 AM
    Loader.exe is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.

Loader.exe is a standalone program. Just follow the prompts. It's very similar to DM. You can find detailed instructions in BB 101 lecture series.
    Sweet! Your back, now I can go on vacation. Mental that is.

07-23-09 08:35 AM
    LOL.

I'm back, but I lost my wireless connection. On Tetherberry for now.
    07-23-09 10:26 AM
    I read your post about the east asia upgrade. This may sound really silly but I want to make sure that a couple of thisngs wont happen: my text will not change to some foreign language that I cannot read, when I have an update from my provider I will be able to use it, and it will make me BBM 5.0 work faster. I have never done an update/upgrade outside of my provider so please excuse my ignorance, and thank you for your help.

I have:
    BBCurve 8320
    OS 4.5.0.81
    T-Mobile
    07-23-09 03:59 PM
    Yes it will load as English, unless you choose an Asian language.

It will help with the new BBM, but the majority of the problems right now are RIM related. You have to remember, BBM5 was a leaked beta, and RIM was ill prepared to handle it. Things will smooth out over time.

07-23-09 04:05 PM
    would upgrading from OS .124-->.161 along w/ upgrading BBM 5.0 could possibly make my phone shutt off by itself?? It just started doing it 2 days ago and wont stop doing it after i upgraded to .162. and doing that downgraded my BBM back to normal, but still continues to shut off. Any thoughts on why this is happening?
    07-24-09 03:28 PM
    i am downloading this and it is only a desktop installer...whats the deal if this was the os my phone would start getting this update but it is actually downloading the desktop installer. i have checked and double checked the file and downloaded it 3 times and its the samething.

thanks

jason
    Last edited by jmeeder; 07-24-09 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo
    07-24-09 04:49 PM
    i am downloading this and it is only a desktop installer...whats the deal if this was the os my phone would start getting this update but it is actually downloading the desktop installer. i have checked and double checked the file and downloaded it 3 times and its the samething.

thanks

jason
    When you click on the link in the first post of this thread, it takes you to the Voadphone Essar Limited download site. Click on the drop down box and there are several groups of downloads available. The first is for various version of Desktop manager, and the second is for BB OS downloads. Select the 8320 and click next, and their will be a link to download .162.
    07-24-09 05:48 PM
228 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD