Resend your service books, did you get the email saying your device has been registered with the wireless network yet?
    08-11-09 03:10 PM
    Resend your service books, did you get the email saying your device has been registered with the wireless network yet?
    Yep, got the emails...checking *228
    08-11-09 03:11 PM
    can you use a 8330m Sprint OS on a 8330e Sprint Curve or no?
    That would be a negative. You have to use an OS for the 8330 if your Options, About screen shows your device as 8330.
    08-11-09 03:16 PM
    Okay, so no call timer on call. The 1xev is all lowercase and when I made the call to *228 option 2 it stayed at 1X, then after the call ended it went back to 1xev. Also, now I have no downloads in app world, how do I know when I get an upgrade? Should I download them then click cancel to install so I have them in "My World"?
    08-11-09 03:17 PM
    Okay, so no call timer on call. The 1xev is all lowercase and when I made the call to *228 option 2 it stayed at 1X, then after the call ended it went back to 1xev. Also, now I have no downloads in app world, how do I know when I get an upgrade? Should I download them then click cancel to install so I have them in "My World"?
    You can't receive updates while your BB is showing 1x, or 1xev. You probably don't have a Browser icon as well, right?
    08-11-09 03:20 PM
    I have a browser icon actually... What I mean is all of the apps I installed are gone from "My World" and I wanted them to be there so I can receive updates from App World for any available upgrades...I just resent service books also...

Edit: I just resent service books and rebooted my phone and now IXEV is in caps. It isn't bad to resend service books if they were send before, right?
    Last edited by BerrySky; 08-11-09 at 03:26 PM.
    08-11-09 03:21 PM
    Ok I want to update my phone to this os but I don't want to if there is no way to get the call timer. Also for the signal indicator is there a fix? For either of these issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:26 PM
    I have a browser icon actually... What I mean is all of the apps I installed are gone from "My World" and I wanted them to be there so I can receive updates from App World for any available upgrades...I just resent service books also...

Edit: I just resent service books and rebooted my phone and now IXEV is in caps. It isn't bad to resend service books if they were send before, right?
    Not a problem to resend the books.......
    08-11-09 03:29 PM
    Not at all, after an update I usually resend them 2 or 3 times, I was advised to do this by a couple BlackBerry "Guru's"
    08-11-09 03:30 PM
    Ok I want to update my phone to this os but I don't want to if there is no way to get the call timer. Also for the signal indicator is there a fix? For either of these issues?

Yeah, use the .160/.131 hybrid OS

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/hyb...-131-a-242109/
    08-11-09 03:31 PM
    Can also do a battery pull......
    08-11-09 03:31 PM
    Can also do a battery pull......
    That will work, but the signal bounce/cycling invariably comes back.
    08-11-09 03:34 PM
    Ok I'll try the battery pull first since I'm not very experienced with updating etc.. So I don't want to brick my phone. Thanks

08-11-09 03:34 PM
    Ok I'll try the battery pull first since I'm not very experienced with updating etc.. So I don't want to brick my phone. Thanks

I was actually replying to another post when I mentioned the battery pull......if the cycling continued try a battery pull.

I believe the only "fix" is to use the hybrid OS.

I don't think I am going to load this OS as it seems like the same ole crap as the Telus .138 OS I had.
    08-11-09 03:40 PM
    No signal bouncing for me...called a phone number and lasted at 1XEV the whole time...about 20 seconds.

I am going to "download" the apps that I have on my phone on App World and then click "cancel" when it says I have them on my phone already, that way it will show up in "My World" and I will receive all the upgrades for them...good idea or not?

Also, anything else I should do?
    08-11-09 03:41 PM
    No signal bouncing for me...called a phone number and lasted at 1XEV the whole time...about 20 seconds.
    Watch the signal bounce when the phone is just sitting there on your desk. The indicator will just start changing back and forth.
    08-11-09 03:42 PM
    Nope, it's not bouncing for me...
    08-11-09 03:44 PM
    Just keep an eye on it, it doesn't happen right away sometimes. It could be ok for days, then you will see the network indicator cycling rapidly (1XEV,1X, 1xev, 1x). If it starts doing this, do a battery pull or QuickPull reset to "fix".
    08-11-09 03:44 PM
    Okay, but it will be okay since it is an official OS from Verizon (by "okay" I mean it wont screw up my berry) and what do you think about the App World downloads idea?
    08-11-09 03:46 PM
    Anyone figure out if its any different than the Telus 138?

08-11-09 03:48 PM
    Okay, but it will be okay since it is an official OS from Verizon (by "okay" I mean it wont screw up my berry) and what do you think about the App World downloads idea?
    I have no idea about the Appworld downloads idea. Call Verizon and ask them. Lol, it is their "official" OS that messed up your Berry.

Why Verizon chose the .138 OS is beyond me... .131 is a much better/stable OS IMO. I have a feeling it is a "pride" thing, in that they didn't want to use an OS that their American competitor (Sprint) has had for months. So they went the lame route and chose the .138 OS that Telus had out only very briefly before going to the .160 OS.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-11-09 at 03:54 PM.
    08-11-09 03:51 PM
    Anyone figure out if its any different than the Telus 138?

Still missing the call timer, like the Telus version. We are trying to see if the network indicator cycling issue is still there.
    08-11-09 03:52 PM
    Is it better than .77?
    08-11-09 03:53 PM
    Is it better than .77?

Other than fixing the speakerblast? No.

Granted, it might be a little faster/responsive.
    08-11-09 03:59 PM

Other than fixing the speakerblast? No.

Granted, it might be a little faster/responsive.
    Argh...lol well whatever

Follow me on Twitter!!
    08-11-09 04:01 PM
199 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD