I just talked with my son about this. He has a company 8820 running OS 4.5 and we were able to do a side by side test. His phone wrapped when entering data on CrackBerry whilst my 8900 did not, My son is a fairly senior web developer and e-commerce person in an American multi-national company and he knows a thing or two about browsers cuz he manages a big website for his company and they need to support all sorts of funny browsers worldwide.

He said that the problem is clearly with the 8900's browser. HE also took the phone away for a few minutes and handed it back and said it again.

I should point out that he is a confirmed WinMo guy and only uses the BlackBerry because he has to. It takes all kinds, I guess.
    02-28-09 06:45 PM
    May i was ask what text wrapping is?
    02-28-09 06:56 PM
    This OS runs well, and the interface seems quick and the browser zooms in and out much faster.

Before the upgrade, the screen would fade to black on a timeout. Now, it just shuts off. It's a minor annoyance traded for some nice improvements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 07:26 PM
    Has the browsing experience improved speed? Just curious. It was fast to begin with but I'm a speed *****.
    02-28-09 07:46 PM
    Biggest thing I have noticed this far is that UMA to EDGE handoffs are actually working and UMA stays connected. Thats a very good thing for me.
    02-28-09 07:48 PM
    hi...

upgraded from .133 to .168

seems to be working ok...

./Rik
    02-28-09 07:48 PM
    Whodatfever, I have noticed a huge improvement in the speed of the browser since upgrading from .133 to .168 . So far UMA seems to stay connected, but I have yet to test out if the call fails when switching from UMA to EDGE.
    Last edited by hearmeoutx; 02-28-09 at 07:51 PM.
    02-28-09 07:49 PM
    I have no idea , but my youtube worked with every version i tried. 133 144 and now this one. never any isues, my battery life has been stunning with 133 1nd 144 if its better with this ill be laughing !
    02-28-09 07:55 PM
    A lot of information to read... I only saw one person say anything about UMA issues... Is UMA working for everybody???
    That was me, and my UMA is perfect now... It must have had to do with my ISP cause my internet is back up to full speed as well... Sorry for adding confusion into the mix...
    02-28-09 08:11 PM
    Smooth as silk. Another seamless OS upgrade. UMA issues are usually a setting problem. I had a BUNCH with prior OS's until i found a wifi guide in aristile's sig. BTW aristile is a GOD! If you have a question, the answer is most likely in his/her (opps!) sig.

If your having UMA issue I Highly recommend checking it out!

WOOT .168 !!!!
    02-28-09 08:20 PM
    Wow! I really was skeptical that the resolution would be that much better, but this is absolutely amazing! Crisp, clear, brighter than before. The difference is dramatic! I will be keeping a close watch on the UMA performance since that is pretty much high priority to me. I'll update as needed.

Best of all? My YouTube works like a charm! Yea! This OS is awesome...
    02-28-09 08:21 PM
    I just now tested out the browser, and it is lightning fast! This is awesome. It hops from page to page without the lag and hanging I used to get. I am so in love with this phone...
    02-28-09 08:30 PM
    Pretty snappy so far.
    Everything works You Tube , WiFi
    WIFI hooks up in seconds !
    This is a Roger Unit.

Last edited by Wirelezz; 02-28-09 at 08:35 PM.
    02-28-09 08:32 PM
    Ya this build seems good def snappier on the menus and stuff, the ringing volume seems pretty good. Can't find anything to complain about YET?
    02-28-09 08:41 PM
    My camera lag issue seems resolved with this version -- it used to take up to 10-12 secs lag to load up, between shots, to get the options screen, etc. Now it's pretty responsive, yay!
    02-28-09 08:43 PM
    A smooth OS upgrade ! Youtube runs great, the browser seems to be quicker and UMA works perfectly as well.

Good looks !
    02-28-09 08:55 PM
    Found one minor thing-- the loud ringtone issue (i.e. OS .133) is present. "Low" = "Medium", "Medium" = "High" and "High" = "High".

Probably won't be an issue for most of you, but I use my "Quiet" sound profile in the office every day and having my tones come in loud at the lowest volume setting is a problem for me, unfortunately.

Other than that though, the OS looks and feels great! Very smooth.
    02-28-09 09:22 PM
    Wordwrap is definitely not resolved. Ah well, hopefully soon it will be.

What are you guys talking about with the resolution improving? I am not noticing that.
    02-28-09 09:40 PM
    just finished upgrading, starting to play around with it.

Just did a battery pull to reset it and now I am going to check everything.
    02-28-09 09:41 PM
    DUMB Question!! will this work on the 8830?
    02-28-09 09:49 PM
    DUMB Question!! will this work on the 8830?
    absolutely not! I think you're browsing the wrong forum subsection

Just finished downloading the .168, hopefully it's legit. I usually download stuff from RIM's website, but I've never seen an OS get so many positive reviews.
    02-28-09 09:52 PM
    no it won't
    02-28-09 09:53 PM
    Dont see a Display improvement.

Funny Thing is the Timer. 00:00:00.0 The last .0 is new and do nothing.
    02-28-09 10:16 PM
    guys, i read in other forum that discuss this new o/s, its stated that a few that up grade to this o/s cant log in to MSN messenger :

MSN messenger log in...
    "Service is not available for this handheld"

is this true?
    anybody in here experiencing this kind of problem ?

thx a lot.
    02-28-09 10:38 PM
    Just did my second battery pull since few things were slow....and that fixed it

And wow am I impressed. Everything is faster and smoother. The lag seems to have really disappeared or is hardly noticeable.

No scroll lag, no program lag, browser seems better, haven't tested youtube yet, but so far everything is great.

Just finished charging the battery so going to see how batt life is and will give an update over the next day or so.

But overall, I am seeing a nice improvement, everything seems smoother and I did notice a memory increase also.

So far, I am a happy camper
    02-28-09 11:01 PM
686 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD