ok thanks for share
    02-28-09 03:09 PM
    Battery life has been great with this OS
    02-28-09 03:18 PM
    Ok, so this is a good build , its faster than 152 seems snappier and browser is fast. had no problems with the install ,and no errors it was clean. Application space went up to 130.9, I noticed the signal strength is solid and my UMA rocks too this looks like a worth while try .. If your thinking about trying out a build give this one a go.
    Yeah, that's all I need to hear.....I downloaded this late, late last night and was waiting for feedback. I'm on the hybrid .152 so I didn't want to download .133 again for a "do over". I very rarely visit Youtube but just the fact that it works like it suppose to do is good but UMA is the meat and potatoes of what I'm concerned about. My signal at home sucks @ss, so UMA is very important. Sweet, I'll give this a try...
    02-28-09 03:50 PM
    wassup everyone.. ive been a "staLker" of this site (LoL) for the past coupLe of days since im aLso waitinq for my bLackberry 8900 in the maiL =] and im qatherinq LOTS of information on this phone .

when my phone comes, what OS wiLL it be runninq ? and whatever OS it comes with i can stiLL upqrade to dis OS riqht ?
    02-28-09 03:59 PM
    Long story short, I used to have an insider in my IT dept who I could send a quick email to and get an Enterprise activation password quick and easy. We she got promoted, and now I'm back to the "pony express" version of sending a task to regional IT, who sends it to corporate IT, and then they call and ask WHY on Earth I need a new password, blah blah. I remember a few years ago I could configure Desktop manager to upgrade my OS withOUT having to redo my enterprise activation. But I've long since forgotten. Anyone have a detailed way of doing it with the current desktop versions?
    Thanks in advance!
    02-28-09 04:04 PM
    On the road for the evening. Will upgrade later tonight or tomorrow!!!! Good stuff...thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 04:07 PM
    wassup everyone.. ive been a "staLker" of this site (LoL) for the past coupLe of days since im aLso waitinq for my bLackberry 8900 in the maiL =] and im qatherinq LOTS of information on this phone .

when my phone comes, what OS wiLL it be runninq ? and whatever OS it comes with i can stiLL upqrade to dis OS riqht ?
    why did you capitalize all your L's?
    02-28-09 04:22 PM
    As for me You Tube isnt working as well as the Hybrid .152/.133....any one else agree?
    02-28-09 04:22 PM
    I upgrade from the Hybrid last night when .168 came out and its been working fine, its just when surfing through the applications, games and setup folder it still does that lag crap. Or is it just mine?

That use to happen a lot on the .114 but then when the newer OS came out all that lag crap with the folders were gone. I really hope that's not the case with .168 cause if so I will just stick with .133.
    02-28-09 04:23 PM
    Is it normal for some videos on youtube not to work??
    or is there something I can do about it??
    02-28-09 04:37 PM
    That's normal. Has to do with format I believe.

02-28-09 04:45 PM
    Upgraded from .133 to .168 a few hrs ago.
    Used DM 4.6 to do the upgrade. Everything went smooth...
    I'm on BES, so Enterprise Activation was next. Took about 20 mins (which is faster than normal, but I doubt that this has anything to do with the OS)

Overall impression: Crispier screen (could it get even better?), good performance in the menu's, youtube works fine for me.

Will keep testing and come back if there's something worth to report.

Barrels
    02-28-09 04:48 PM
    Ok so why does some people have working YouTube and some not?
    02-28-09 04:49 PM
    A lot of information to read... I only saw one person say anything about UMA issues... Is UMA working for everybody???
    02-28-09 04:53 PM
    Works for me. Although I didn't make a call, I had the symbol.

02-28-09 04:56 PM
    why did you capitalize all your L's?
    idk . i Like doin it LoL .

but yea . is it better to upqrade the OS once my phone arrives or . . . ? ma fauLt the 8900 is qonna be ma first bLackberry since im tired of ma LX nd i need to know everythinq about everythinq before i do anythinq with the bb LoL .
    02-28-09 04:57 PM
    Gonna upgrade soon. Keep those reviews coming!
    02-28-09 04:57 PM
    I just made a phone call to a future owner of an 8900 over UMA and it worked without a hitch thus far.
    Last edited by sag7392; 03-19-09 at 11:00 AM.
    02-28-09 05:06 PM
    This OS seems stable. It's hard to tell after only a few hours but it looks good from here. YouTube works fine too. I think the word wrap issue must ne that the right margin is just not getting picked up. I wil ask the question on ModNEt to see if any of the web-tech guys can help.

I did the update from my new HP-Mini PC ($349, BestBuy). It runs XP and works with the BlackBerry just fine.

It weighs about 2 lbs. Great for travelling.
    02-28-09 05:10 PM
    Does anyone know as to why this OS isn't found on BlackBerry's official download page?

I have no doubt that the OS is official-- I'm just curious.
    02-28-09 05:16 PM
    Will I lose all my downloaded applications and their settings?
    Will I need to re-activate Enterprise Email?
    Follow the upgrade procedure link in my signature and you should be fine. Take your time and follow all the steps exactly.
    02-28-09 05:19 PM
    .168 is working great - my youtube still buffers frequently , but it is viewable with no browser lockup no pixeling. I used crackmem and I also optimized some .cod files. After the upgrade I have a Facebook icon that *won't* delete ? What would cause this?
    02-28-09 05:40 PM
    I upgraded from version .133, and so far so good. The lag is gone. The screen is crisper. It just seems to run a lot smoother. I have not had the chance to really test out UMA, or to evaluate the battery life, but I will definitely let you know .
    02-28-09 05:42 PM
    This OS seems stable. I think the word wrap issue must ne that the right margin is just not getting picked up. I wil ask the question on ModNEt to see if any of the web-tech guys can help.
    since .133 I've been double tapping the track ball to keep the text "in the box" rather than one lining it. Seems ridiculous the enter key just brings me back to the sentences beginning. I'd be interested in hearing a fix. thx.
    02-28-09 06:16 PM
    how can u tell this is official?
    also, is everyone feeling better battery life?
    02-28-09 06:44 PM
686 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD