Will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Downloaded this new os. Currently running .133. When I plug in 8900 for upgrade it says already updated. I did remove the xml file. Please help.
    Did you uninstall .133 from your computer? I've found that typically is the culprit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 12:50 PM
    Will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Downloaded this new os. Currently running .133. When I plug in 8900 for upgrade it says already updated. I did remove the xml file. Please help.
    Uninstall the .133 app from Windows by going to Add/Remove programs in Control panel. Then install the new one.
    02-28-09 12:50 PM
    Heh heh I love it when a plan comes together ...noice find Thank You
    02-28-09 01:02 PM
    Also, I ran into this problem last night, had to use Loader.exe to be able to get .168 on my device even after removing .133 and vendor.xml

Try using that. Located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe

Or somewhere around there lol
    02-28-09 01:04 PM
    Faced the same issue of "already updated", but uninstalling 0.133 and reinstalling 0.168 did the trick for me.
    02-28-09 01:14 PM
    If you are having problems upgrading, you are probably using Desktop Manager 4.7. Do NOT use that one. Use Desktop Manager 4.6 instead - preferably the one with out media manager.
    02-28-09 01:14 PM
    just upgraded
    loving it
    02-28-09 01:17 PM
    .168 has really thrashed my 8900 pretty hard.

Upon booting up, I get a static white T-Mobile wallpaper that covers entire screen and cannot be bypassed unless I hold down End and fake a power down, then cancel power down, force my into the 8900.

About 10 rapid fire Java uncaught exception errors when I finally do get in.

And now, Camera and Video icons are gone, and are nowhere to be found. Side key shortcuts to camera and video don't work. How do I get my camera and video back? Im so pist.

Upgraded from .133.

What a waste of time!

My 8900 needs to be wiped now.

Ugh.

Someone could make millions off a product called, say, BBSnapshot.

Windows Application to manage BB OS snapshots for easy revert to previous builds. Ah that would be so cool.

BBSnapshot!

.168 sucks for me.

Try at own risk.

Its bugged out.

Oh and before you sense I may be a n00b, I've been using blackberries since 1999.
    02-28-09 01:25 PM
    I Have had no problems at all. Not one.

not a waste of time,

You may have hardware issues, be sure to
    do security memory clean and battery pull right after

see how that helps you..

b) I would try and back up everything and do phone wipe
    and reload

c) have you had these kind of errors with prior build, if yes
    you may have a funky unit ..
    02-28-09 01:44 PM

Upon booting up, I get a static white T-Mobile wallpaper that covers entire screen and cannot be bypassed unless I hold down End and fake a power down, then cancel power down, force my into the 8900.

And now, Camera and Video icons are gone, and are nowhere to be found. Side key shortcuts to camera and video don't work. How do I get my camera and video back? Im so pist.

Upgraded from .133.

What a waste of time!

Ugh.

Windows Application to manage BB OS snapshots for easy revert to previous builds. Ah that would be so cool.

BBSnapshot!

.168 sucks for me.

Try at own risk.

Its bugged out.

Oh and before you sense I may be a n00b, I've been using blackberries since 1999.
    I had similar issues when occasionally loading 3rd party apps when on .133. Sucked. Except I lost message, bbm and sms icons. I was able to fix by deleting every 3rd p app using dm. But it sounds like a JL wipe is your only recourse. Sorry man!

02-28-09 01:46 PM
    Upgraded from .152 this morning; so far no noticeable changes. I was having the usual UMA call drops on .152, so hopefully .168 solves those issues.

Plenty of people already mentioned it, but YouTube working on this version is a nice difference. I was going to downgrade back to .133 this morning before i found this thread. Haha.
    02-28-09 01:47 PM

Upgraded from .133.

What a waste of time!

Ugh.

BBSnapshot!

.168 sucks for me.

Try at own risk.

Its bugged out.

That really sounds to me like you had an 8900 theme active when you did the install and then restored your backup. Did that happen? Just to clarify, I am talking about a 3rd party theme, one of the beta ones floating around right now - basically any theme other than the 2 that came with your phone.
    02-28-09 01:47 PM
    I just finished upgrading from the hybrid .152/.133 and I must say that this O/S seems to be better.

I noticed that apps do in fact load faster (which includes browsers), as stated by others. The camera and video seem to load and respond faster as well. The screen does appear clearer. The whole You Tube issue is not an issue on my device. To get it to work using .152 and while on 'EDGE', required me to insert wap.voicestream.com into APN. However with this O/S, there was no need to...it played flawlessly out of the box. My device memory has increased slightly as well, but with this device, memory is not really an issue to me (I'm sitting at about 152,600,101 bytes). GPS seems to 'feel' slightly faster, but this could just be a placebo affect of a good O/S upgrade. I also happen to be in an area that sucks signal wise, but my signal did increase from 2 to 3 bars...but I know how that fluctuates too. Vibrate feels the same. I don't use ringtones, but I tested one and it was fairly loud when used on the 'normal' setting. I haven't had an opportunity to test the battery life as of yet...but I hope it remains the same as the previous O/S. Oh, text warp is still a no go...not a big deal though.

Overall this O/S is good to go. I haven't found any real issues that would make me want to downgrade. This O/S is well worth the entire 15mins it took to upgrade to as well, lol.
    Last edited by sag7392; 02-28-09 at 02:02 PM.
    02-28-09 01:54 PM
    working well for me. upgraded from 152.
    02-28-09 01:59 PM
    Upgraded from 133. Will watch and update with info. So far mem upon reboot was 140.

02-28-09 02:08 PM
    Just upgraded. Everything works great as usual. Even freakin youtube works great!!!! Love this os so far. Free memory at 140mb at start. Houston - We have a liftoff
    02-28-09 02:15 PM
    Everything went well and the phone is smooth with youtube working.

--HeavyC.

02-28-09 02:22 PM
    I upgrade from the Hybrid last night when .168 came out and its been working fine, its just when surfing through the applications, games and setup folder it still does that lag crap. Or is it just mine?
    02-28-09 02:23 PM
    ARgh, I left my microUSB cable at work!
    02-28-09 02:36 PM
    Will I lose all my downloaded applications and their settings?
    Will I need to re-activate Enterprise Email?
    02-28-09 02:38 PM
    I haven't had any UMA issues til today... I went to .168 last night... Not sure if it's the OS since I've been having issues with my ISP, but this is the first time I'm not consistantly on UMA at my house... Anyone else seeing this?
    02-28-09 02:41 PM
    Big fix for me! The Media Player had a bug in it on 133. If you were listening to a song and used the volume key to go back a song, the player would then continue to go backward. For example, if you're listening to track 5 and used the buttons to go back to track 4 then when it finished track 4 it went to track 3, then 2 etc. Now when it finishes track 4 it will go to track 5 and then 6 as normal.

02-28-09 02:49 PM
    Will I lose all my downloaded applications and their settings?
    Will I need to re-activate Enterprise Email?

you will not lose your applications. I backed mine up first using desktop manager, then when i installed it gave me an option to back-up, so i did again.

on reboot, all my apps are present.

You will need to re-activite your BES. I just emailed by IT guy at work and he gave me a quick password to enter it. took 2 minutes and everything back to normal.

I was running .133 and now upgraded. don't notice any differences yet?
    02-28-09 02:58 PM
    goodbye hybrid, hello .168. very stable OS. thanks guys.
    02-28-09 03:00 PM
    you will not lose your applications. I backed mine up first using desktop manager, then when i installed it gave me an option to back-up, so i did again.

on reboot, all my apps are present.

You will need to re-activite your BES. I just emailed by IT guy at work and he gave me a quick password to enter it. took 2 minutes and everything back to normal.

I was running .133 and now upgraded. don't notice any differences yet?
    Ok. Thanks.

Still on factory Tmobile OS. What major differences should I expect if I upgrade to this version? Browser speed increase?
    02-28-09 03:05 PM
686 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD