Unfortunately, this fix did not do it for me. I still can't play Youtube. I thought for sure the hybrid .152 and .133 would have done it but oh well. I guess I just gotta way for the next updated software. Thanks for ALL your help throughout Sag7392!
    Sorry it didn't work for you...I can't think of anything else you can do right now. I know there is a thread in this forum labeled "YouTube" that might be of assistance.
    02-23-09 07:39 AM
    Wow, this .152 OS sounds like an absolute nightmare compared to .133. Any reason anyone would upgrade to .152 from .133 other than out of sheer masochism?
    02-23-09 09:57 AM
    Ok 6 hours after upgrading to .133, i have reported some bugs.

In camera mode, take a photo and do not save it. instead click on the delete button. It will prompt you "delete" or "cancel". If you click delete, nothing happens. Previously, this would have brought you back to camera mode where you can take a photo again. If you click delete again, it will say "picture cannot be deleted".

In blackberry messenger, on previous OS, contacts that are unavailable will be grouped under "Unavailable". However, in .133, the "Unavailable" group has disappeared and all your contacts appear on "Contacts".

I can confirm ringtones are much louder in .133. There seem to be some new ringtones added as well.

As for extended battery life, i need to monitor for a couple more days. Frankly at this point in time, i am not seeing exceptional increase in battery life.

Will report back again.
    02-23-09 10:37 AM
    Can I do the hybrid after installing the update? And, where can I get the .114 radio file. I don't find a download for the .114 OS anywhere.
    Last edited by pinchepunk; 02-23-09 at 04:02 PM.
    02-23-09 01:58 PM
    Can I do the hybrid after installing the update? And, where can I get the .114 radio file. I don't find a download for the .114 OS anywhere.
    OK, duh, I just realized I could get it from my service provider. Will let everyone know how it goes.
    02-23-09 04:15 PM
    In .152 is a little Bug in the Timer. If you stop the Timer, it rings after the Time is up.

Great OS...for me the Best at the Moment with .133. Cant say wich is better. Use .133 too short.

Chris
    02-23-09 05:44 PM
    I installed the hybrid and had no luck with YouTube. I replaced the file in the GPRS folder, is this correct?

Was I supposed to do something else?

Does it matter if you leave your provider's vendor.xml file in the Hybrid?

Right now I've downgraded back to .114, I appreciate all of the help!
    02-24-09 09:52 AM
    I installed the hybrid and had no luck with YouTube. I replaced the file in the GPRS folder, is this correct?

Was I supposed to do something else?

Does it matter if you leave your provider's vendor.xml file in the Hybrid?

Right now I've downgraded back to .114, I appreciate all of the help!
    It sounds like you did the right thing. You keep the .152 files - but replace the GPRS folder/file with the one from an earlier OS.

I must admit - I have only used youtube when connected to the wifi - and I use the "internet explorer" browser
    02-24-09 10:04 AM
    It sounds like you did the right thing. You keep the .152 files - but replace the GPRS folder/file with the one from an earlier OS.

I must admit - I have only used youtube when connected to the wifi - and I use the "internet explorer" browser
    Thanks, maybe I'll give it another go and be a little more careful.
    02-24-09 10:05 AM
    Thanks, maybe I'll give it another go and be a little more careful.
    Just to clarify - I copied the .133 GPRS folder and stuck it in the .152 files.
    I then used the loader.exe to install it. Also, don;t forget to delete the vendor.xml file
    02-24-09 10:09 AM
    are people having an issue with you tube on version.152?
    i am running that currently and have no timer issues , no you tube issues everything running fine ?
    what were the known issues with .152?i dont seem to be having any issues at all with this version , besides wanting battery life alittle bit longer but no complaints .
    02-24-09 10:22 AM
    are people having an issue with you tube on version.152?
    i am running that currently and have no timer issues , no you tube issues everything running fine ?
    what were the known issues with .152?i dont seem to be having any issues at all with this version , besides wanting battery life alittle bit longer but no complaints .
    Are you sure you're running .152? on your 8310?

Youtube videos not streaming is one of the only known issues with .152... battery life however is not an issue.
    02-24-09 10:43 AM
    sorry i have a 8900 and version .152 , i have no issues that i ve seen , prolly been on the thing for last 8 hrs straight just tinkering with everything.been using all games , slacker radio (dosent seem to work right), google(all apps) no issues , using bolt browser and berry browser, sending emails, mms , messenger pics, blutooth to transfer files , tehering , all with no issues ..

maybe just lucky?
    02-24-09 10:52 AM
    Ok 6 hours after upgrading to .133, i have reported some bugs.

In camera mode, take a photo and do not save it. instead click on the delete button. It will prompt you "delete" or "cancel". If you click delete, nothing happens. Previously, this would have brought you back to camera mode where you can take a photo again. If you click delete again, it will say "picture cannot be deleted".

In blackberry messenger, on previous OS, contacts that are unavailable will be grouped under "Unavailable". However, in .133, the "Unavailable" group has disappeared and all your contacts appear on "Contacts".

I can confirm ringtones are much louder in .133. There seem to be some new ringtones added as well.

As for extended battery life, i need to monitor for a couple more days. Frankly at this point in time, i am not seeing exceptional increase in battery life.

Will report back again.
    Try upgrading to the latest official OS .152 (as in the title of this thread) and see if you still have these issues...
    just a thought
    02-24-09 10:52 AM
    sorry also using you tube and video camera , althought the time for the auto focus when taking a picture is brutal ..

so besides the , batt life (which is way better from.94) , slacker radio not working, amd auto focus (time it takes to take pic), no issues
    02-24-09 10:54 AM
    sorry i have a 8900 and version .152 , i have no issues that i ve seen , prolly been on the thing for last 8 hrs straight just tinkering with everything.been using all games , slacker radio (dosent seem to work right), google(all apps) no issues , using bolt browser and berry browser, sending emails, mms , messenger pics, blutooth to transfer files , tehering , all with no issues ..

maybe just lucky?
    If you are able to stream youtube videos on .152 with no issues, then you are indeed lucky.

Now try updating your device model
    02-24-09 10:58 AM
    am i correct says , 4.6.1.152(241)(platform 4.2.0.91)?
    and im watching ufc coture fight on you tube right now switching between wifi and edge, by turnring each radio off at different times
    02-24-09 11:24 AM
    am i correct says , 4.6.1.152(241)(platform 4.2.0.91)?
    and im watching ufc coture fight on you tube right now switching between wifi and edge, by turnring each radio off at different times
    Yep, that's correct for .152

My carrier doesn't have EDGE so I just use wifi for youtube, and it didn't work for me on the standard .152 OS.
    As soon as I used the radio file from .133, it worked fine with no setting changes.
    02-24-09 11:33 AM
    *sighs*

Okay, so i am having issues with this. I have downloaded it something like three times and every time I get an error.

I download it > click on the .exe file > click run > click allow > get this message: "Error reading set up initialization file"

Does ANYONE know why this is happening? I think I may have to throw my comp out the window.... sooo frustrating. lol
    02-24-09 02:01 PM
    *sighs*
    Okay, so i am having issues with this. I have downloaded it something like three times and every time I get an error.
    I download it > click on the .exe file > click run > click allow > get this message: "Error reading set up initialization file"
    Does ANYONE know why this is happening? I think I may have to throw my comp out the window.... sooo frustrating. lol
    Try downloading to a different folder, maybe the file it is creating is corrupt and not actually overwriting it.
    Try downloading from a different location on the web as well. Maybe the link you have is corrupt.
    Good luck..
    02-24-09 02:21 PM
    if i install .152 would i have just a blank os? like will i not get my tmobile features and have to install tmobiles service books as if it was unlocked like i do on my storm? can anyone confirm if they have myfaves tzones and all the right tmobile configs with 152 and also im only interested in the "loud ringtones" so can anyone tell me which file they think it is so i can just keep my lovely 114
    02-24-09 02:34 PM
    i have the .94 os is it worth an upgradE? i dont watch youtube so i dont care really??? im just wondering if this will f*ck up my phone
    02-24-09 08:33 PM
    Go to options-advanced options-TCP/IP and under APN Settings Enabled right next to APN: type in wap.voicestream.com

So after typing it in, it should look like this APN: wap.voicestream.com

You don't need to do anything else.

Save it and give YouTube a try while you're on the "EDGE" network. It should work. I ran into the very same issue and found this solution while doing a search. It worked for me and all is good.
    Thanks for all your help Sag7392. After turning off my blackberry and then turning it back on, I am now proud to say that my Youtube work with the Hybrid! I'm super stoked. Thanks for your help and walk through of everything.
    02-24-09 10:44 PM
    Hmm, I seem to be possibly encountering some errors. It only takes mere seconds to do it, and it doesn't restart the BB.

Under "About" it says "v4.6.1.94 (Platform 4.2.0.69)", which doesn't seem right with what others are getting.

Any suggestions or words of advice are appreciated. Cheers.
    02-24-09 10:50 PM
    is this os stable?
    02-25-09 07:55 AM
205 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD