05-21-10 05:27 PM
122 ... 345
tools
    Delete the vendor.xml in the app loader folder and then its for any carrier. It won't brick unless you unplug it during the update process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 01:07 AM
    sprint phone, upgraded from .459 to .601. overall battery life seems better, a little quicker/less lag with apps and startup. like the new standby/lock update (one button to turn back on). i noticed the oversensitivity of the trackpad in opera as well. sprint tv still works just fine, infact i can't think of any apps giving me buisness since the upgrade. all in all i'd say it's worth it to make the switch. unfortunately for me, i upgraded because my phone shuts off and battery drains completley when using data (bbm, opera, bb browser) and i get maybe 10 min of talk time on a full charge, and neither of those issues were fixed with the update
    05-05-10 12:02 PM
    just got it. everything went smooth. seems faster from what i can tell.
    05-05-10 08:01 PM
    I upgraded to .601 and think it was painless.

I get better battery and a faster device, which includes browsing. I've noticed a considerable difference in browsing, for sure...

Are you sure its not faster just because its fresh install? With all the new replacement phones I've had on this model one thing I've noticed on my newest one is that it is pretty snappy and quick. (.459). I don't think I'm gonna install all the apps and themes I had on there before. Honestly I don't miss em and they slow the phone down. When is blackberry gonna get the same caliber apps as iphone?

05-05-10 08:54 PM
    I just updated to this .601, now my paid apps don't work and I cannot get the license keys out of app world. It shows "no downloads". How do I get my apps to work now??
    05-06-10 01:52 PM
    I just updated to this .601, now my paid apps don't work and I cannot get the license keys out of app world. It shows "no downloads". How do I get my apps to work now??
    Make sure you log in to Appworld to get to your apps.
    05-06-10 02:16 PM
    i don't have app world, what is the link, or how can I get it?
    05-06-10 05:14 PM
    If you redownload them, it should ask if you wish to overwrite, select yes. Then they should work fine.

I'm not 100% sure if you'll get charged again or not.... I wouldn't imagine so.

05-06-10 05:17 PM
    i don't have app world, what is the link, or how can I get it?
    BlackBerry - App World - Official Store for BlackBerry Apps
    05-06-10 06:27 PM
    ++++Update++++
    I reported before that youtube wasn't working at all with this 0S install, well now it is. I did read that youtube did some up dates, don't know if that helped?? But every video I look at now works (quality is still poor) but does work now. But it seems like also everyday app world doesn't want to work correctly or at all. It does seem to work after a battery pull. Otherwise everything else working good. Just wanted to give a update.

05-06-10 07:04 PM
    I just noticed that I can now turn off pressing enter for sending SMS messages. I don't believe I had that option before upgrading? I could be wrong.

05-06-10 10:14 PM
    I Upgraded my phone a few days ago and I didnt notice anything different expect no LOck Icon and it takes longer to connect my phone calls.. I dont kow if that's a Sprint issue or not but it sucks.
    05-11-10 12:31 PM
    I Upgraded my phone a few days ago and I didnt notice anything different expect no LOck Icon and it takes longer to connect my phone calls.. I dont kow if that's a Sprint issue or not but it sucks.
    Try a battery pull? Sounds like it may be a sprint issue.
    05-11-10 12:52 PM
    I've actually experienced the same call connect issue. On sprint too. I've rebooted a few times, but I'll try actually pulling the battery to see if it helps.
    05-12-10 10:27 AM
    Really getting annoying is that when I put the phone into standby, apperantly keyboard lock now when I press the play/mute button it always brings me to the media folder.

EDIT: For some reason that happens when you only tap it, if you hold it for about a fraction of a second longer, it stays on your homescreen. Strange. Plus an icon for TELUS Web appeared, didn't have that before.
    Last edited by iMiiTH; 05-12-10 at 04:39 PM.
    05-12-10 04:36 PM
    What I really want is an OS .711 or higher...I want quickpull back.
    There's a beta on the Steelthorne site that works great under 5.0. I have it running and it works fine. It's version 3.9.99.44.
    05-15-10 06:35 AM
    05-16-10 12:37 PM
    just a newbie here..i know it says on the tittle..but stilll..wanna ask, is this can also be use in 8520? V4.6.1.314 OS version, is it possible?
    05-17-10 06:24 AM
    just a newbie here..i know it says on the tittle..but stilll..wanna ask, is this can also be use in 8520? V4.6.1.314 OS version, is it possible?
    There is another thread for the 8520s. This will NOT work on an 8520.
    05-17-10 07:59 AM
    Any idea why it would say theres not update for me?
    05-18-10 09:27 PM
    You need to remove the vendor.xml in the app loader folder, then it should update.
    05-20-10 11:13 AM
    I tried that...lol
    05-21-10 05:27 PM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD