i tried using apploader but nothing was there. The only thing that happened was it gave me an option to remove my already installed programs on the Berry..no new OS install option or anything ..what could be the problem??
    03-21-10 09:20 AM
    i tried using apploader but nothing was there. The only thing that happened was it gave me an option to remove my already installed programs on the Berry..no new OS install option or anything ..what could be the problem??
    You either did not delete the vendor.xml file and/or you left your computer connected to the internet. You also must uninstall any other OS than the one you want to install. If the OS already installed on your BB is also installed on your computer then DM won't update. Also you have to click Update Programs, not Install Aoplications.
    03-21-10 10:29 AM
    @cisterna. Don't forget to run loader (I used the loader in the apploader folder where vendor.xml was) as an administr�tor. Right click > run as administrator. It worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 10:34 AM
    and/or you left your computer connected to the internet. You also must uninstall any other OS than the one you want to install. If the OS already installed on your BB is also installed on your computer then DM won't update. Also you have to click Update Programs, not Install Aoplications.
    Is it important to do those 2 things?

I left the 4.6.1 installed on my comp and left it connected to the net as i never realized i should disconnect from the net or uninstall the previous OS but i got the v5.0.0.509 installed OK except having to wipe my BlackBerry due to the "Service Subscription" message.
    03-21-10 12:33 PM
    You either did not delete the vendor.xml file and/or you left your computer connected to the internet. You also must uninstall any other OS than the one you want to install. If the OS already installed on your BB is also installed on your computer then DM won't update. Also you have to click Update Programs, not Install Aoplications.
    its 4.6 on my BB, i deleted the vendor.xml file and i disconnected my net before launching the program. Oh.."update programs"...k i'll try that and see what happens.
    03-21-10 02:02 PM
    Still no go . If i try to run loader as an admin, it says to install the DM software, even though its already installed. I tried running DM but it gave me that message that i need BIS installed. I disconnected from the net and deleted the vendor.xml file.
    03-21-10 03:36 PM
    ok to the person having problems installing the new os version here's what I did:

1. downloaded the software
    2. installed it and made sure the device was not connected to the pc/laptop and disconnect from the internet
    3. alright after it finished the installation process DO NOT close the after-installation window
    4. go to your c drive>program files>common files>research in motion>apploader and delete the vendor.xml file
    5. back to the after-installation window put a check on the "run desktop manager..." option and click finish
    6. after desktop manager finishes initializing, plug in your phone (Now make sure you have your simcard in the device, otherwise it will not install as it wants to make sure you have a blackberry service plan)
    7. now click on application loader
    8. then on update software click start
    9. now it should recognize the installed update software on your pc/laptop and click next
    10. do the following instructions for installing the os and voila
    03-21-10 04:31 PM
    Still no go . If i try to run loader as an admin, it says to install the DM software, even though its already installed. I tried running DM but it gave me that message that i need BIS installed. I disconnected from the net and deleted the vendor.xml file.
    If the post above me doesn't help then i have a suggestion which is what i did when i got the same error and it worked first time.

1. If you need to before hand do a backup via DM software to be on the safe side (i didn't as i had a day old phone so had nothing important on it)

2. Download BBASK and install it. if you then load it without you phone connected to your PC when do you connect your phone you need to hit connect.

3. In BBASK hit wipe device.

4.Load up DM and try to load the update as you were before.
    03-21-10 05:03 PM
    if the post above me doesn't help then i have a suggestion which is what i did when i got the same error and it worked first time.

1. If you need to before hand do a backup via dm software to be on the safe side (i didn't as i had a day old phone so had nothing important on it)

2. Download bbask and install it. If you then load it without you phone connected to your pc when do you connect your phone you need to hit connect.

3. In bbask hit wipe device.

4.load up dm and try to load the update as you were before.

it worked!!!! Os 5 up and running!! )))))))))))))
    03-21-10 07:25 PM
    I need Help!

Tried every trick post so far and it aint working!!! The best i got was to star the DM > SOftware Update > and then i got the message that i needed to have a account to install the UP! and i wasnt connected to the internet!

SO what should i do?
    03-21-10 07:38 PM
    Is it important to do those 2 things?

I left the 4.6.1 installed on my comp and left it connected to the net as i never realized i should disconnect from the net or uninstall the previous OS but i got the v5.0.0.509 installed OK except having to wipe my BlackBerry due to the "Service Subscription" message.
    its 4.6 on my BB, i deleted the vendor.xml file and i disconnected my net before launching the program. Oh.."update programs"...k i'll try that and see what happens.
    The two things are important for DM 4.7 and above. It is recommended you use a DM version as high or higher than the OS version you are trying to install. DM 4.6 doesn't need to be disconnected from the internet before updating as it is the last version that doesn't look to the internet for an official update.
    03-21-10 08:28 PM
    Done!

How do i put the email and sms&mms in the same folder?!! dont want them separated!
    03-21-10 08:46 PM
    Done!

How do i put the email and sms&mms in the same folder?!! dont want them separated!
    Go the to the main messages folder. Click the BB key. Go to Options, Inbox Settings. There you will see all your email addresses and SMS/MMS at the bottom of the list. If you want them included in the main folder you check the box. Then go back and out and be sure to save your changes.
    03-21-10 08:51 PM
    Ok I uploaded it to my phone and there's 2 problems I ran into..ok first problem #1-There is no keyboard lock option on the device. Like the lock icon doesn't exist at all on the phone (and trust me I've looked thru everything) but there is a password lock option which I don't want because I don't want to have to put in my password every time I want to view a text message. I look thru the convenience keys option and it is not there either like in os 4.6. I use my left one to lock my keyboard and the right to go to my camera but now the left is blank. Has anyone else noticed that this is gone? Now second problem #2-I installed the "QuickPull Free" app on my BB and I have a schedule set on in to where my phone auto restarts at 4am but sometimes I'm put at that time (don't ask me why) and I don't want it to restart just yet so I abort it but every time I do this my phone starts acting up and selects things on its on and won't stop for anything. If I try holdin the "end" button then my phone just ignores is and keeps selecting things so I have to take my battery out by hand. Other then those things its a super smooth OS and I love it. If any of yall have had these problems or other problems plz cooment this post or PM me..thank you..

03-21-10 10:20 PM
    Ok I uploaded it to my phone and there's 2 problems I ran into..ok first problem #1-There is no keyboard lock option on the device. Like the lock icon doesn't exist at all on the phone (and trust me I've looked thru everything) but there is a password lock option which I don't want because I don't want to have to put in my password every time I want to view a text message. I look thru the convenience keys option and it is not there either like in os 4.6. I use my left one to lock my keyboard and the right to go to my camera but now the left is blank. Has anyone else noticed that this is gone? Now second problem #2-I installed the "QuickPull Free" app on my BB and I have a schedule set on in to where my phone auto restarts at 4am but sometimes I'm put at that time (don't ask me why) and I don't want it to restart just yet so I abort it but every time I do this my phone starts acting up and selects things on its on and won't stop for anything. If I try holdin the "end" button then my phone just ignores is and keeps selecting things so I have to take my battery out by hand. Other then those things its a super smooth OS and I love it. If any of yall have had these problems or other problems plz cooment this post or PM me..thank you..

This has been discussed a lot in this thread already. If you searched you would have found it. Lock icon only appears if you use a password to lock phone. Press and hold "*" key to go into standby. Mute key to use phone again. Reboot method is different in software. Apps like Quickpull need to be updated to work properly. Quicklaunch's reset works with this build.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-21-10 10:29 PM
    So Has any AT&T 8520s have done this update? And is it running good any problems and do you just follow the first post?
    03-22-10 06:02 AM
    it worked!!!! Os 5 up and running!! )))))))))))))
    That's nice and hopefully my suggestion can help other people as well in case they need it.

So far since using OS v5 on my Vodafone 8520 i've had no problems with it although i've had to get used to the using the mute button to unlock the phone rather than the old way of using the call and lock/A button together but that's about it and its not really a problem.
    03-22-10 06:42 AM
    Okay I have experience with installing Blackberry OS and usually do it for my Storm 9500. Though now my girlfriend got a 8520 with a 4.6 (something) OS and I tried to install the new software. I downloaded the Hellas one and the Multilanguage one separately but with both they didn't even show up in the Loader list of new OS software nor with DM (unplugged off the internet). I deleted and double checked for the Vendor.xml and it was gone for sure. Really, I am out of options now. I uninstalled any previous OS (from the 9500) and still no luck. Tried to re-install the 8520 OS's twice but no luck. They simply won't show up as new software. Where do I go next?
    03-22-10 08:40 AM
    Not for T-Mobile, Still at OS 4.6. T-mobile sucks! Next time I am gonna switch to Sprint or Verizon.
    Yeah you should get a BlackBerry Curve 8350 on Sprint like me

03-22-10 11:05 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhino35
    Not for T-Mobile, Still at OS 4.6. T-mobile sucks! Next time I am gonna switch to Sprint or Verizon.

You don't have to wait for TMO to release an official update. All the TMO files, faves, 5 icon, UMA, etc are in every carrier's release. The update loads the software applicable for the hardware vendor ID in the phone (this is separate from deleting the vendor.xml file). You can use this or any update with TMO and you will still have all TMO's software, theme, etc. Go for it.

Plus why would you want Sprint or Verizon CDMA. GSM is better as you can unlock it and take it to virtually any country in the world when you travel and insert a local sim. CDMA devices can only roam in selected countries and international roaming fees are so high as to be ridiculous.
    03-22-10 11:11 AM
    The two things are important for DM 4.7 and above. It is recommended you use a DM version as high or higher than the OS version you are trying to install. DM 4.6 doesn't need to be disconnected from the internet before updating as it is the last version that doesn't look to the internet for an official update.
    ok i'll update the DM software and give it a whirl . Ive only had my Berry since Saturday and im already trying to update the OS lol, am i crazy??
    03-22-10 04:26 PM
    Has anyone had any problems with sms since upgrading?

I sent a few texts..never got replys lol

And now i sent one to myself to test the service and i did not receive it.

Am i doing something wrong or is it just no one loves me?

edit* seems i forgot to turn off the firewall when i deleted crunch sms upon updating.......is there any way to see the messages blocked by the firewall?
    Last edited by CJ1991; 03-22-10 at 05:22 PM.
    03-22-10 04:27 PM
    So Has any AT&T 8520s have done this update? And is it running good any problems and do you just follow the first post?
    THIS!! Anyone got any info?
    03-22-10 09:03 PM
    I have one of the same problems with this release that I had with 5.0.0.484 on my 9630: the threaded SMS, which is nice, will sometimes refuse to open, or will lose messages at random, and then when you hit escape and reenter the thread, they are all there... I ran this for a day, and then went back to my carrier supplied 4.6...
    03-22-10 11:29 PM
    Software For BlackBerry� Curve(TM) 8520 Smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.860 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.860
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.509
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.47
    File name: 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.47_A5.0.0.509_Wi nd_Hellas.exe
    File size: 117.78MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Installation instructions.

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.
    Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.
    Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier the OS is not from your carrier.
    Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.
    Step 5: Connect Bold to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the Bold during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.

Enjoy!

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2B6049B8D9A202

I keep trying to load the new software 5.0 on my curve and it keeps not being able to find it...I have no idea what to do. I followed all instructions from here...can anyone help???
    03-23-10 12:12 AM
558 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD