Thanks. I reinstalled Opera Mini.

But I just realized I lost my Twitter App. (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Got my Twiter app back!!!

Just one thing, I used QuickPull Free and now it doesn't work. Already reinstalled, but nothing..
    03-16-10 11:40 AM
    hi guys,

i have a few of my bbm contacts linked to contacts in my address book and when one of them sends me a sms it shows in the bbm. how do i stop the sms's from showing up in the bbm??
    03-16-10 12:25 PM
    Hi!

Can i use the Wind Hellas update even if its not my carrier....will it lock my device to Wind Hellas....My device is Unlocked and open......and my current version installed on the device is v4.6.1.314??

It is a completely Noob question but this is my first blackberry device and i wanted to try the OS 5

Regards

Joel

PS : My BB is a Unlocked Device.
    03-16-10 05:47 PM
    Hi!

Can i use the Wind Hellas update even if its not my carrier....will it lock my device to Wind Hellas....My device is Unlocked and open......and my current version installed on the device is v4.6.1.314??

It is a completely Noob question but this is my first blackberry device and i wanted to try the OS 5

Regards

Joel

PS : My BB is a Unlocked Device.

Yes you can.. just follow the instructions in the first page..
    03-16-10 05:49 PM
    Yes you can.. just follow the instructions in the first page..
    BUT WILL IT LOCK MY DEVICE TO THE WIND HELLAS NETWORK? That is my concern!
    03-16-10 05:59 PM
    BUT WILL IT LOCK MY DEVICE TO THE WIND HELLAS NETWORK? That is my concern!
    Not at all.. just follow the instructions ..

The main thing is to delete the "vendor" file.

I�m in Panama City, Panama, on Digicel Network.. Updated last night night everything is great.

If you have any doubts, this is the place to be..

Before I updated I read all the pages in this post.. 20 I think.. It`s a good practice.. All your doubts will vanish after you read them
    03-16-10 06:03 PM
    @ayates5 - yes, I did look at that and followed it precisely.
    @crystinonfire - I tried that but it also didn't work. However, I didn't search for a hidden vendor file. But when I did a search for the original vendor.xml file it couldn't even find it, so idk if it cvan find a hidden one. However, ill try again when I get home.
    Also, do you think this has anything to do with my carrier?

On my original 8520 [replaced,frozen trackpad] I upgraded to the beta 5.0 [411] no problem following the loader method.When I got the replacement & tried to upgrade I had the same problem as you.I remembered reading somewhere here to remove all OS's, except the one you want to install, from the control panel on your computer. Worked like a charm for me.
    03-16-10 06:25 PM
    Is TMobile ever coming out with a official 5.0. Bcuz I'm having problems with this "unofficial" download. Geesh!
    03-16-10 07:28 PM
    OS updates will not re-lock blackberries.

And the fact the OS is released by a different carrier than yours means very little (and possibly that your carrier is lazy, just like mine).

I am (late news, but I just got broadband back today) finally running .509 and I am a little disappointed... There seems to be a second of lag between the sound alert and the actuall LED/icon notifications.

Also, the device is not on 100% readyness. If it's 'sleeping' and I press a key, it will not jump into action, will just light up and stand dumbly in my hand (used to hold menu to wake it up and just wait for the app switcher to show, now if i hold menu whie it is off, it will require me to release and hold again to get to the ap sweitcher).

Well, at least the speed is better than the hybrid (v1, I mean. Didn't get to use V2.x).
    03-16-10 07:29 PM
    I'm finding everything snappier than OS 4.6, even with all the fancy transitions. But one thing I noticed today... even though the ring tone options are cleaned up and a few new options added, there is something taken away... there doesn't seem to be a way to set a separate ring volume for out of holster vs. in holster, and I can't see the volume option to "escalate".
    03-16-10 08:40 PM
    Not at all.. just follow the instructions ..

The main thing is to delete the "vendor" file.

I�m in Panama City, Panama, on Digicel Network.. Updated last night night everything is great.

If you have any doubts, this is the place to be..

Before I updated I read all the pages in this post.. 20 I think.. It`s a good practice.. All your doubts will vanish after you read them
    I am also on Digicel in Guyana, SA. So do I have to delete the vendor file? And where is this file located?

03-16-10 09:28 PM
    For some reason, after this DL'd and I tried to open it, it kept giving me an error message
    03-16-10 10:12 PM
    So, i have an 8520 from rogers, and i upgraded to 5.0.0.411 the leaked os and i loved it, I saw this new official release and i figured I'd upgrade to it.
    I like it all except one thing, my battery life is drastically reduced when compared with 411
    I used to get approx. two days out of it with a lot of use,
    today i got less than a day with 509
    anyone have the same problem? or any suggestions?
    03-16-10 11:44 PM
    So, i have an 8520 from rogers, and i upgraded to 5.0.0.411 the leaked os and i loved it, I saw this new official release and i figured I'd upgrade to it.
    I like it all except one thing, my battery life is drastically reduced when compared with 411
    I used to get approx. two days out of it with a lot of use,
    today i got less than a day with 509
    anyone have the same problem? or any suggestions?
    I'm on rogers and upgraded to .509, I have also noticed that my battery life is significantly less... Hope someone knows why? I've even turned down my screen brightness.

03-17-10 01:11 AM
    I'm on rogers and upgraded to .509, I have also noticed that my battery life is significantly less... Hope someone knows why? I've even turned down my screen brightness.
    Well if multiple people are having the problem and it isnt just me, then I am going to rever to 411, til someone fixes that problem
    03-17-10 02:50 AM
    Well if multiple people are having the problem and it isnt just me, then I am going to rever to 411, til someone fixes that problem
    I'm having the same battery life problems. :/
    03-17-10 03:38 AM
    will this work on UK Phone Vendors?
    I can't make it work at all, even the install of it to my PC, i also can't locate the vendor.xml, it doesn't exist anywhere, help please!!
    03-17-10 05:47 AM
    Where might I find the .411 upgrade?? I think I'll switch, can't be too different. Still 5.0.

03-17-10 11:29 AM
    I haven't noticed a greater battery drain... also Rogers here.
    03-17-10 11:57 AM
    Is TMobile ever coming out with a official 5.0. Bcuz I'm having problems with this "unofficial" download. Geesh!
    This is official. If one carrier releases it, it's like they all did. What specificly are you having issues with?
    03-17-10 01:29 PM

Interesting. Im finding my battery is lasting 1/2 to full day longer, and using less memory. Are you sure your not leaving things running in the background?
    03-17-10 01:31 PM
    Interesting. Im finding my battery is lasting 1/2 to full day longer, and using less memory. Are you sure your not leaving things running in the background?
    I'm not leaving anything different running in the background than I did with 4.6
    03-17-10 03:18 PM
    Hi all. I'm having problems with the install process. I tried the step by step but it's for 4.5 and i also deleted the vendor file. Any help would be appreciated. I 'm redownloading the file from Blackberry.com right now.
    03-17-10 08:22 PM
    I'm looking to upgrade my wife's 8520 to OS 5.0. It's still on the stock T-Mobile OS 4.6. She currently doesn't have a BB plan, just the old t-zones. One of the steps in the upgrade process activates and registers the phone to the carrier. I'm wondering if this will then trigger the process of requiring her to have a BB plan (which she doesn't want).

Any T-Mo users here encounter this scenario? I'd appreciate any insight you guys may have.
    03-17-10 08:59 PM
    I'm looking to upgrade my wife's 8520 to OS 5.0. It's still on the stock T-Mobile OS 4.6. She currently doesn't have a BB plan, just the old t-zones. One of the steps in the upgrade process activates and registers the phone to the carrier. I'm wondering if this will then trigger the process of requiring her to have a BB plan (which she doesn't want).

Any T-Mo users here encounter this scenario? I'd appreciate any insight you guys may have.
    The first time she put in her SIM the phone issued a registration request. It will also do it every time you update or wipe the phone. It is just the phone announcing itself to the network and if she has a BB plan the network would sent her host routing tables and service books. On TMO even with T-Zones BBs get host routing tables and get service books for MMS and T-Zones. Don't worry about it. The only way you can get a BB plan is to order one online or call and request a CSR to add one. I used my brother's TMO prepaid SIM with my BB when I visited family in the USA and had no problems. I was impressed TMO still sent me service books for the services I was allowed to use under T-Zones, etc. In fact, TMO service books are inside the SIM. I had them after putting in the SIM on the airplane even though the radio and data was still off.
    03-17-10 09:04 PM
558 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD