Uhhhhhhhh! This is so frustrating. Fido is ignorant and misinformed and they'll never release an update, does anyone, ANYONE, know what antakos and I can do? Does it have anything to do with Fido making this impossible.. or?
    Last edited by BlakBairy; 03-15-10 at 02:12 PM.
    03-15-10 01:56 PM
    It might help nothing but can't harm trying... uninstall both the OS and Desktop Manager from the computer.

Make sure you have DM 5.0.1, then install DM and OS 5.0. Shut down all connections on the PC and plug it to the BB. Turn Mass Storage mode off if it ask for it.

Delete vendor.xml.

I prefer updating with Loader.exe so give that a try 1st. It should find the OS update and allow you to install (with or without BIS). If you can't, try loadng DM and updating from there.

Hope it works for your guys. I am busy now so can't search the forums for more specific info on your problem, thou I am sure I've seen the solution around.

I should be able to update myself in half an hour... Wish me luck with the download!
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-15-10 at 02:17 PM.
    03-15-10 02:14 PM
    I try it without connection my desktop pc, I install to this pc DM v5.0.1, I install os 5, without internet connection, on phone I close all connection, carrier, and wifi. (and after it I try without sim card) The result is same
    I delete vendor.xml, I plug the cable to my phone, and computer, and I start loader.exe. And I got same panel, like BlakBairy.
    So I don't know, what could I do.
    If I try install it with DM 5.0.1 I get error messages, I need active supscription.
    03-15-10 02:21 PM
    Thanks diegonei for trying to help. I will follow your suggestions. I will tell you how it goes in a while
    03-15-10 02:21 PM
    that happened to me.
    it isn't bricked...just pull out your battery & wait a few then put it back in.
    it should start back up after that.

I did left "the berry brick" without battery for almost 12 hours, and still nothing... i guess that the installer for 5.0 went quite far, and erased the 4.2.6 irrecuperrable...

Any sugestions? anyone ? Help!
    i still love my white berry brick, but i'll love it more if it's alive.....
    03-15-10 03:54 PM
    ok i went to upgrade im already using a leaked version of 5.0 but wanted the offical release..but when i went to upgrade it said all my stuff was better then the upgrade..liek i would be downgrading to an older version..any help
    03-15-10 06:20 PM
    So, this OS is amazing and stable but...

The mute key sends my BB to lock instead of stand by which I miss.
    One other thing that I despise is how the mute key takes me to the same screen that the BlackBerry key would... like the "more applications" screen? It used to take me to media home but doesn't :'(

How can I fix it so the mute key takes me to media home instead?
    Like it used to...
    03-15-10 07:43 PM
    holding the "a" button will put the phone into standby (i think?) and mute will take the phone out of it.
    but if i'm on the home screen and i press the mute button, it takes me straight to the media home... that's interesting how it's different for you.
    (i used the blackberry website to download the OS)
    03-15-10 08:38 PM
    holding the "a" button will put the phone into standby (i think?) and mute will take the phone out of it.
    but if i'm on the home screen and i press the mute button, it takes me straight to the media home... that's interesting how it's different for you.
    if I quickly press the media button I go to media home, but holding the button down will lock and dim the screen.
    03-15-10 08:39 PM
    ya, for some reason sinedie is getting something different...
    is anyone having trouble using bluetooth to connect to other devices? (iphone)
    both devices recognize each other but then fail to pair.
    03-15-10 09:11 PM
    I had the same issue also...and I found out that its because of themes. Try to download an OS 5.0 theme & in the homescreen make sure have the 'media' folder...then whenn u press music/mute it will go to the media home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 09:22 PM
    It takes you to a Media folder but not the media app.

NVM... I guess its just something T-Mobile has on their OS
    03-15-10 09:36 PM
    ok.. I just read the 20 pages on this ... Downloaded the OS..

Going to do the install.. Wish me luck

Let you know the results..

PD: the Lock issue is not to die for..
    03-15-10 09:45 PM
    might help nothing but can't harm trying... uninstall both the OS and Desktop Manager from the computer.

Make sure you have DM 5.0.1, then install DM and OS 5.0. Shut down all connections on the PC and plug it to the BB. Turn Mass Storage mode off if it ask for it.

Delete vendor.xml.

I prefer updating with Loader.exe so give that a try 1st. It should find the OS update and allow you to install (with or without BIS). If you can't, try loadng DM and updating from there.

Hope it works for your guys. I am busy now so can't search the forums for more specific info on your problem, thou I am sure I've seen the solution around.

I should be able to update myself in half an hour... Wish me luck with the download!

Thank you for the help, but unfotunately id did not work. Anyone else have any ideas?
    03-15-10 09:57 PM
    what part of the installation are you getting stuck on?
    03-15-10 10:17 PM
    If you read on page 19, I have a post of what it shows (screenie). It only shows my applications loaded and there is no chance to updated. No OS is shown. I deleted vendor.xml as well.
    03-15-10 10:22 PM
    so far.. everything is great..

the install run smooth..

just lost the poker app, as someone posted here before.. otherwise is working great

here is a capture from about:

03-15-10 10:23 PM
    BlakBairy, have you taken a look at this page?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Also, is anyone else having Bluetooth problems connecting to other devices?
    03-15-10 10:34 PM
    BlakBairy, have you taken a look at this page?

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Also, is anyone else having Bluetooth problems connecting to other devices?
    so far so good..no issue with bluetooth..got 2 curves here updated to OS 5.0 directly from RIM site..
    03-16-10 12:29 AM
    A problem I just noticed: my Opera Browser stop working. Will try a re-install

03-16-10 12:37 AM
    A problem I just noticed: my Opera Browser stop working. Will try a re-install

upgrade to 5.0 beta if you're on 4, and then change from socket to http.
    03-16-10 03:41 AM
    If you read on page 19, I have a post of what it shows (screenie). It only shows my applications loaded and there is no chance to updated. No OS is shown. I deleted vendor.xml as well.
    Make sure your computer isn't connected to the internet. Otherwise there can be a hidden vendor file....search your PC to make sure there isn't one. Then go back to your desktop manager's main screen, and do the app loader, the 5.0 stuff should show up now.

(the same thing happened to me, but I finally got it to work)
    03-16-10 03:51 AM
    upgrade to 5.0 beta if you're on 4, and then change from socket to http.
    Thanks. I reinstalled Opera Mini.

But I just realized I lost my Twitter App. (

03-16-10 07:20 AM
    @ayates5 - yes, I did look at that and followed it precisely.
    @crystinonfire - I tried that but it also didn't work. However, I didn't search for a hidden vendor file. But when I did a search for the original vendor.xml file it couldn't even find it, so idk if it cvan find a hidden one. However, ill try again when I get home.
    Also, do you think this has anything to do with my carrier?

03-16-10 09:44 AM
    Anyone know if there's a way to enlarge the font on the call screen? Like when you call someone it shows their name and phone number as it's ringing. Since moving to OS 5 it's become super tiny.

Or maybe it's a theme issue.
    Last edited by jabohn; 03-16-10 at 11:35 AM.
    03-16-10 11:32 AM
558 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD