I was just going to post a question asking about memory, as mine jumped from ~34 to ~49. This is the first time I've upgraded the OS so I was almost certain I screwed something up and files were lost during the update.

I didn't see HTML email until resending the service books either.

Looks good so far.
    08-13-08 06:32 PM
    Wah Wah... No dice for me either.
    08-13-08 07:25 PM
    anyone else install 4.5 then have problems with brickbreaker? i try to play and bberry restarts
    08-13-08 08:08 PM
    Only problem so far is no more blueapple.mobi, though mobile youtube still works (and the tiny view still sucks). Videos say "buffering" as they always have on BA, then a green "loading" box, then "error; unsupported format" or something to that effect. Can someone on verizon check this for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 08:15 PM
    I updated my Sprint Curve today to the new OS (.56 )with Desktop Manager 4.5. I had to resend the service books also to get HTML email to work, even though it did say it completed successfully. I didn't get doc's to go. Where does that come from?

Brickbreaker works just fine. I am 3 levels into a new game and it's been fine. All my other apps work perfectly also.

**Thanks Yester18.......went back into app loader and selected it to install. It's installing now!
    Last edited by vandymcnew; 08-13-08 at 10:04 PM. Reason: new info
    08-13-08 08:57 PM
    Downloaded the OS. Bout to take the plunge and upgrade. I hope all goes well. Wish me luck!

EDIT: In progress...

EDIT: ...been stuck on retrieving "Digby.cod" for a while now...

EDIT:...removed, reinstalled, works great. No Apps To Go yet, can't resend service books...

EDIT: ...all done!
    Last edited by johnnywoods; 08-15-08 at 11:30 AM.
    08-13-08 09:30 PM
    doc's to go is there you just have to choose to install it in app loader....
    08-13-08 09:35 PM
    how to you resend your service book? I just downloaded OS 4.5 and my email html isn't what it should be.
    08-13-08 10:09 PM
    Is ther any way to do a internet speed test for the blackberry without teathering

08-13-08 10:12 PM
    ifeme, log into your BIS page and click resend service books.

"You can send service books in two ways, using either your BlackBerry itself or your carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) page. To send service books via BlackBerry, open your E-Mail Settings/Set-Up Internet E-mail icon, log in if prompted, and click Service Books option under the Settings heading. On the following page, send the books by hitting Service Books again" *taken from Installing Blackberry OS 101 (the link is in the first post at the bottom)
    Last edited by vandymcnew; 08-13-08 at 10:51 PM.
    08-13-08 10:48 PM
    I would have never figured that out... thank you sooo much!
    08-13-08 10:57 PM
    I was holding a new Iphone. I know apples and oranges. But both supposedley 3g

whats wrong with our internet? Anyone experience hanging on certain pages etc.

Even with latest beta seems like my internet is throttled on my BB.
    08-13-08 10:59 PM
    btw, for anyone wondering, only new emails that you receive after upgrading will have html in them. ones that were received before will remain just text. maybe wait till you receive a new one instead of sending service books. this worked for me.
    08-13-08 11:03 PM
    1st problem of note: Text entered into the reply box from the wap version of the forums doesn't wrap so it is all entered on a single line so you can't see what it reads and also can't see what you are typing. Anyone else have this problem? I know I visited another mobile optomized forum and this didn't happen. Perhaps its some sort of intermittent problem?

I used memo to compose this and copied and pasted to the text entry box so I could reply.

Is ther any way to do a internet speed test for the blackberry without teathering

I think dslreports (aka broadband reports) has a mobile speed test.

08-13-08 11:49 PM
    Just upgraded mine... a few little hiccups during the upgrade process... like the BB update failing on the first attempt. (Yes, I removed the vendor.xml) After a reboot, it recognized the BB again and the install went flawlessly. Seems to be working great.

Thanks to all who have pioneered the update process and enabling the HTML emails and better browser experience!
    08-14-08 12:08 AM
    Have had upgrade for about three hours now. I think media manager is slower rather than faster but will have to play with it more I noticed that in my messages I know have a blackbox next to my date I am almost postive this is new anyone know how to turn it off?

08-14-08 12:12 AM
    i had to set up a new "@vzw.blackberry.net" account. anyone encounter this?
    08-14-08 03:37 AM
    I've had problems with the browser as well... When you click on a field to enter text some times my curser dissapears... And you can't see what you are typing...

Also sometimes the post button is missing. I've noticed it more when I reply to a post. You can only see the first line of The quoted text and you can't submit. Anyone else?

08-14-08 05:55 AM
    anyone else install 4.5 then have problems with brickbreaker? i try to play and bberry restarts

Yep, just tried it and mine rebooted as well.
    08-14-08 07:16 AM
    Anyone else try Brickbreaker yet? I tried again after it rebooted and it broke about two bricks and then tilted again. This is unacceptable.
    08-14-08 07:30 AM
    Brickbreaker works fine for me. I need to know how to get rid of the box in messages as well. Mine is not black, it is my login screen icon off my PC... Wierd...

08-14-08 07:45 AM
    I've had problems with the browser as well... When you click on a field to enter text some times my curser dissapears... And you can't see what you are typing...

Also sometimes the post button is missing. I've noticed it more when I reply to a post. You can only see the first line of The quoted text and you can't submit. Anyone else?

Yep this is what I was trying to describe in my post a few posts back from yours. Seems to happen when using the link to quote for a reply. i replied to several other threads afterwards just using the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread from the WAP and the text wrapped properly for those replies.
    08-14-08 07:56 AM
    Any ideas on when Verizon will officially release the new update on their site?
    I haven't updated my OS to 4.5 yet and seeing that lot of people are having issues, I rather wait for VZW to officially release it.
    08-14-08 08:09 AM
    question, under status, options, with version 4.3, i vaguely remember it showing file free, and file total values for memory. now, after upgrading, i only have file free memory, but no totals. anyone else see this same thing, or am i just crazy thinking it used to display this?
    08-14-08 08:16 AM
    1st problem of note: Text entered into the reply box from the wap version of the forums doesn't wrap so it is all entered on a single line so you can't see what it reads and also can't see what you are typing. Anyone else have this problem? I know I visited another mobile optomized forum and this didn't happen. Perhaps its some sort of intermittent problem?

I used memo to compose this and copied and pasted to the text entry box so I could reply.

I think dslreports (aka broadband reports) has a mobile speed test.

i had this same problem with the text not wrapping on the original 4.3 version that came with my vzw curve. it woudln't happen everytime, but every now and then it would.
    08-14-08 08:18 AM
587 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD