Yes Charleston, I have the same damn issue. Really upsets me too because I love the dosc2go feature in this update for the 8330. Really frustrating to have to go back in to the media player every time I have an e-mail.

Since I upgraded now when I'm listening to the media player and I get a txt, IM, or email it does like normal and stops the music till I press a button but now it doesn't go back to playing like before..... Anyone else have that issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 02:08 AM
    According to the BB 101 skit (awesome btw), I'm supposed to have two files to execute, the device software and desktop software...I'm only seeing the desktop software. Is it embedded? I found the XML file, so I'm supposing that it might be but wanted to ask just in case. Thx all.
    08-26-08 06:26 AM
    So far I can only confirm one single bug: Brick breaker made my phone reboot if I turned on the sound option.

The HTML mail is great (thought it still has to squash things into 320 px width).
    Bob - how did you get HTML email to work. I have the same OS and VZW but don't see any html email settings.
    08-26-08 06:45 AM
    There is no particular relevance to the iPhone to discuss for blackberry users, one is pretty much a viewing device and the other is a device meant for more active use. However, if you want to compare, try typing a lengthy email on an iPhone. Or try copy and pasting. Or maybe using a bluetooth headset? And on and on.
    I'll need to find the section for settings on HTML email but others' statements didn't work - I didn't find anything in the General Menu in the email options - another gripe with the BB. It takes FOREVER to figure out options. There is always another one hidden somewhere in some nook and cranny.

Regarding the benefits, there are some items missing from the iPhone but they can be corrected. It's also still an early phase phone. But what is RIM's excuse? I wonder if it has to do with an OS that seems extremely poorly designed for anything but very secure email delivery. OS 4.5 isn't even an OS 4.3 killer. The only thing it really adds, IMHO, is the ability to download attachments. The fact that a BB couldn't do so until late 2008 is a horrific joke, truly. Not having native document readers of any type until 2008 also means Blackberry has been playing catchup against devices that had these capabilities since the turn of the century!

Are there some improvements? Yes. But efficiency still isn't great. I like my BB because it is the best phone on Verizon. Other than that, I wouldn't say it's blowing me away although it works well and I'm satisfied with it for the most part. I'm disappointed that the 4.5 browser that I'm seeing is much the same as the old and still does a mediocre job rendering pages. It doesn't help that even Verizon's evdo can be slow on this device (unless it's the processor that can't handle the speed) but it's some improvement. For me, the update was necessary because the $100 I had to blow on Office doc readers needed the upgrade as well as viewing PDF docs. Can't do that without the upgrade and, thankfully, I've got that with Docs to Go and Repligo. As I said, on teh bright side, the phone is reliable although the OS still has a ways to go.
    08-26-08 06:56 AM
    1. Back up data on DM under Back up/restore option and then disconnect from Desktop Manager incase install goes bad.
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    I have version 4.3.0.127 on my vzw 8330, i downloaded and installed desktop manager 4.5 without any problems, and deleted the vendor.xml file. when i connect my bb to DM it just syncs my information but doesnt ask me to upgrade. So i goto the application loader and click start under update applications. under update summary it says "no software update is required for your device".....what am i doing wrong?
    08-26-08 08:58 AM
    I had this same problem and a used the .66 version and it worked on my way to work will see if i can post that one up oh and the phone works grate no bugs yet lol...........Hope you get it done good luck
    08-26-08 12:05 PM
    I finally got brave enough to try the update after getting the OK from my IT person at work. It started right up with no problems.
    I thought I would have to have my IT person set me back up but my BES service started right back up without me doing anything.
    Haven't played with everything yet to see all the changes.
    I'll post if any issues pop up!
    08-26-08 12:25 PM
    Bob - how did you get HTML email to work. I have the same OS and VZW but don't see any html email settings.
    Go to messages (M from home screen assuming you've disabled "Dial from Home Screen" in the phone dialing menu)

hit blackberry key and go down to Options

go down to "Email Settings"

In there you'll find the HTML settings.

Go to your BIS login and re-send service books

NEW email only will have SOME of the images present, some are bypassed to avoid virus and malware issues but you can choose "Get Image" from the context menu for those. Text formatting is always present iirc.

I think some people are having some issues because they may be skipping the "wipe" step of upgrading software.

Bob
    08-26-08 01:02 PM
    Can somebody please email the download for the software or post it up! its not there anymore and I really want to upgrade!!!!
    08-26-08 01:27 PM
    I had this same problem and a used the .66 version and it worked on my way to work will see if i can post that one up oh and the phone works grate no bugs yet lol...........Hope you get it done good luck
    I don't know which post this is in reference to. I was considering trying .66 even though there isn't any real problems with .56. I'm more or less curious if there will be any observable difference between the two versions.

Can somebody please email the download for the software or post it up! its not there anymore and I really want to upgrade!!!!
    RIM must have cracked down on all versions of 4.5 official or otherwise releases. I did a google search and all I get is forum talk about getting it off of the link in this thread for MTS.
    08-26-08 01:51 PM
    i think they elimiated this option. is there any other way to get sheets to go now?
    08-26-08 02:04 PM
    Hellow....
    I need link to download os 4.5.0.69

Can Anybody help me?
    Coz I cannot get a sure link for that...
    Thank U
    08-26-08 02:52 PM
    so anyone with an update of where to get it? none of the links are working.
    08-26-08 04:32 PM
    I found a copy of this on RapidShare, but do I trust it? I've never downloaded anything from them before. I just googled 4.5 8330 Blackberry and thats what came up.
    08-26-08 07:02 PM
    Yesturday and today I had my BB randomly self rebooted but only once each day. Nothing has changed since I loaded the OS except I updated google maps and autostandby and removed a few apps I didn't use. I don't think it is OS related but just in case there is something I'm not aware of I figured I would start here and go from there. Anyone else with 4.5.0.56 and autostandby 1.5 experience rare self reboots?
    08-26-08 07:10 PM
    Well all works good for me on the new V4.5.0.66 till now and i do have a link for it hola if you need it dont know if i can post the link here dont want 2 **** people off here lol
    08-26-08 09:55 PM
    ok so i just found Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B15 wtf i thought i was up 2 date lol
    08-26-08 10:03 PM
    I updated my BB, withno issues, but when I upgrade the Pearl, i got asome VNA erroror something like that had to bring it back to the store. They replaced the BB
    08-26-08 11:35 PM
    Hey,
    I love 4.5
    However I have noticed that I am having problems with Opera mini after I upgraded to 4.5.
    is this normal?
    08-26-08 11:59 PM
    Can somebody please email this file! i really want 4.5! my email is [email protected] . i would be so thankful!!!!!
    08-27-08 12:24 AM
    Do you HAVE To fill out all the information to download it? I'd prefer not to
    08-27-08 12:25 AM
    Do you HAVE To fill out all the information to download it? I'd prefer not to
    yes you do.
    08-27-08 01:23 AM
    I saw no reason to keep opera mini after updating. However I did use it to check a couple page prior to deciding I didn't need it any more and it worked fine for looking at those pages.
    08-27-08 07:59 AM
    My BB also reboots if I try to play brickbreaker with sound.
    So far that is the only problem.
    I can live with that if nothing else crops up.
    08-27-08 08:06 AM
    Is there another download location available? It doesn't seem to be available on the site anymore and I can't find it anywhere! Thanks!
    08-27-08 01:44 PM
587 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD