GPS does not work still on verizon but the phone does respond a lot faster to me with apps and the internet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 09:58 AM
    When people have talked about GPS not working very well, may I assume they are saying it doesn't work very well with 3rd party apps (Google Maps, etc.), but that it still works fine with the VZ Navigator? Thanks.

Greg
    08-12-08 10:24 AM
    I installed the 4.5 OS and all seemed well. Now two hors later, I noticed my bb reset itself twice. it never did this before. Is there a setting I can check or what the heck is happening? Thanks again
    08-12-08 10:40 AM
    ...downloading now

woohoooooo
    08-12-08 11:18 AM
    I'm 12 hours into the upgrade on my Vzw 8330. After the mess with the browser icon, it appears to be working fine. The phone does seem to be a bit sluggish though. For instance, with an incoming call, I hear my ring tone, etc but nothing pops up about an incoming call on the screen.
    Also, for some reason I have no different icons for a created folder. (In 4.3 I coiuld set the folder colors, etc )
    Html email is working and looks nice.
    Not sure apps are running any better than on 4.3.

What does everyone else think?

08-12-08 11:20 AM
    I'm 12 hours into the upgrade on my Vzw 8330. After the mess with the browser icon, it appears to be working fine. The phone does seem to be a bit sluggish though. For instance, with an incoming call, I hear my ring tone, etc but nothing pops up about an incoming call on the screen.
    Also, for some reason I have no different icons for a created folder. (In 4.3 I coiuld set the folder colors, etc )
    Html email is working and looks nice.
    Not sure apps are running any better than on 4.3.

What does everyone else think?

I was able to get the updates installed after a few issues on my vzw 8330 but html email doesn't seem to be working. All html email looks the same as it did on OS 4.3. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    08-12-08 11:47 AM
    I was able to get the updates installed after a few issues on my vzw 8330 but html email doesn't seem to be working. All html email looks the same as it did on OS 4.3. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    There are prior posts in this thread that will point you in the right direction.
    08-12-08 11:54 AM
    You have to resend the service books for it to start working if you have not already

08-12-08 11:54 AM
    Has anyone tried the update on a Bell 8330? I'd like to hear some feedback before I take the plunge.

08-12-08 02:56 PM
    will this update work for tmobile 8320?
    08-12-08 03:35 PM
    Has anyone tried the update on a Bell 8330? I'd like to hear some feedback before I take the plunge.

Yes. Updated today without any problems... Less than 1hr start to finish.

I haven't located any bugs yet...
    08-12-08 03:43 PM
    This is sooo tempting but I am wondering if I should wait for the Alltel OS download? With Alltel's history of slacking off and making promises and never coming through, maybe I should go for it. What would be the advantage of waiting?
    08-12-08 08:01 PM
    i dont see any advantages to waiting.
    08-12-08 08:42 PM
    I think the update is nice....I'm not having any luck with the html email, but I'm sure it'll get figured out. My memory seems a lot better, so that's a bonus!
    08-12-08 09:30 PM
    Mms still doesn't work on Alltel

08-12-08 09:58 PM
    Mms works for VZW. The html also works. By resending the service books to remedy the browser problem, fixed the html problem too. All in all, the upgrade seems to be a good one. My Curve seems to be better than earlier today. I've also restarted a few times, so who knows?

08-12-08 10:41 PM
    will this update work for tmobile 8320?

No but this one will if you follow the directions. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-52-a-53316/
    08-12-08 10:57 PM
    i see a couple of people got it wrong so i wanna make sure im doin this the right way.
    after i download the os what are my next steps?
    08-12-08 10:58 PM
    #1, if you have "Surreal" theme, or any of the ones that RIM released for 4.2 not too long ago, on your phone, DELETE THEM FIRST!!!

then do a backup, save the backup someplace you can't accidentally overwrite, install the OS to the PC, plug the phone in, and it SHOULD check for updates and find it, if not, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and delete "vendor.xml" then start desktop manager again and plug your phone in, it'll recognize it as the first time it's been plugged in again, will force the update check, and then will find it.
    08-12-08 11:16 PM
    i see a couple of people got it wrong so i wanna make sure im doin this the right way.
    after i download the os what are my next steps?

1. Back up data on DM under Back up/restore option and then disconnect from Desktop Manager incase install goes bad.
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    08-12-08 11:18 PM
    yep, like he said

but, make sure you catch my themes comment, if you have surreal or stargazer or whatever the ones that RIM released for 4.2.2 that were the cool looking "look what we can start doing with themes" ones, you MUST uninstall them before you try to load 4.5, it's a phone killer if you don't, don't remember what error, you can connect via DM, but, since DM won't let you uninstall those themes, you're boned anyway.
    08-12-08 11:31 PM
    #1, if you have "Surreal" theme, or any of the ones that RIM released for 4.2 not too long ago, on your phone, DELETE THEM FIRST!!!

then do a backup, save the backup someplace you can't accidentally overwrite, install the OS to the PC, plug the phone in, and it SHOULD check for updates and find it, if not, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and delete "vendor.xml" then start desktop manager again and plug your phone in, it'll recognize it as the first time it's been plugged in again, will force the update check, and then will find it.
    yeah i found this out the hard way
    08-13-08 01:17 AM
    yep, like he said

but, make sure you catch my themes comment, if you have surreal or stargazer or whatever the ones that RIM released for 4.2.2 that were the cool looking "look what we can start doing with themes" ones, you MUST uninstall them before you try to load 4.5, it's a phone killer if you don't, don't remember what error, you can connect via DM, but, since DM won't let you uninstall those themes, you're boned anyway.
    i installed 4.5 on my 10 hr old sprint 8330 last night. then was bb msging a friend, and he sent me OTA links to a few themes. one happened to be surreal, since it didnt have a preview when i hoverd over it to look at it, i applied it and wham. white screen app error 523 reset bricked my new toy.
    08-13-08 01:20 AM
    08-13-08 01:29 AM
    Is there a list of the new features that v4.5.0.56 has? I can't seem to find one. Also I upgraded my OS that was using BIS, is it the same for BES? Thanks
    Last edited by All-In; 08-13-08 at 08:13 AM.
    08-13-08 07:35 AM
587 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD