Most have stated that this OS is faster. I also noticed some reported noise in the ear piece. Wonder if it's worth it to upgrade from .131 ot this version. How much faster is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A lot of ppl commented on how fast the update completed, myself included. I was like, wow, done already?

If you are not experiencing any problems, you might as well stay with .131. However, I have noticed that I have about 5MB more free memory now than I had with .131.
    05-29-09 02:41 PM
    Installed .160 this morning, seems to work great. Only issue Ive run into is under Options, when I click About, nothing happens. Everything else seems to work perfectly though.
    You must've used CrackMem to remove the VAD (Voice Assisted Dialing), that disables the About screen. From Home screen , hold down Alt, then lt shift, then press H.
    05-29-09 02:42 PM
    You must've used CrackMem to remove the VAD (Voice Assisted Dialing), that disables the About screen. From Home screen , hold down Alt, then lt shift, then press H.
    I did use CrackMem, but I didnt think I removed VAD. Thanks for that bit of info, I had no idea!
    05-29-09 02:46 PM
    Cr@p... I just did a *228, option 2 to update my prl just for the heck of it to see if I would have the RF problem (cycling from 1x, 1xev, etc). I do.

Had to do a QuickPull reset. Hopefully, it doesn't come back during "normal" operation.
    Why not do a *228n doesn't that update your tower list - good thing right??

05-29-09 02:49 PM
    Why not do a *228n doesn't that update your tower list - good thing right??

On Verizon, it's *228, option 2 for a prl update (update towers).
    05-29-09 02:54 PM
    Never was. When you are in normal, the speaker icon appears on your themes as a normal looking speaker - no dots. If you change to another mode, the colored dot will appear with the speaker to indicate a change in audio status.
    What theme is that?
    05-29-09 02:57 PM
    So what is new with .160 from .138?

I have issues getting a gps lock, will this fix?

05-29-09 02:58 PM
    Very smooth upgrade from 138. .JL commander wipe fresh 160 install with no flaw
    160 is a keeper

Update
    Maybe not a keeper ,
    Went into profiles setting ring tone reminders,I Get half way through set up and all sound went mute.Did batt pull ,Went into profile getting same results half way through setup in profile "Normal"

Update
    As seen below I Have "Loud" profile active yet there's no pretty colored dot in front of "Normal" Profile

Update
    Well I got it working getting all ringtone reminders set up in "Normal" profile...there bug in 160 profiles so be careful setting up.
    Deffantly send yourself text to make sure sounds present after you get setup complete just to be safe
    Cool. What theme is that?
    05-29-09 02:58 PM
    Cool. What theme is that?
    Today Plus
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/cu...-4-5-a-109980/
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-29-09 at 03:19 PM.
    05-29-09 03:17 PM
    Cr@p... I just did a *228, option 2 to update my prl just for the heck of it to see if I would have the RF problem (cycling from 1x, 1xev, etc). I do.

Had to do a QuickPull reset. Hopefully, it doesn't come back during "normal" operation.
    Is this a known issue? My Curve has been doing this a lot lately and with a good signal.
    05-29-09 03:26 PM
    Is this a known issue? My Curve has been doing this a lot lately and with a good signal.
    Not too many reports of this with this OS. Just do a reset by pulling your battery out with the power on, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery. It did this for me on .138 as well.
    05-29-09 03:33 PM
    Not too many reports of this with this OS. Just do a reset by pulling your battery out with the power on, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery. It did this for me on .138 as well.
    Yep, that's what I typically do, but it usually returns shortly. It started when I installed one of the .130 updates. And it happened again last night after installing .160, but has not returned since pulling the battery. Crossing my fingers now.
    05-29-09 03:55 PM
    Anyone else having a problem with their phone freezing on em when u go into either ur sms, email or bbm lists? Mine's been crampin up on me all day, no problems yesterday when I did the install though, wierd.

05-29-09 04:33 PM
    Anyone else having a problem with their phone freezing on em when u go into either ur sms, email or bbm lists? Mine's been crampin up on me all day, no problems yesterday when I did the install though, wierd.

Do you get frequent hourglass icon? Or just freezing, lag?

Sometimes the memory card can get corrupted, especially during an OS upgrade. This can cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Take the memory card out, see if it makes a difference. If it does, transfer your content off the card, reformat it in your BB, then transfer everything back.
    05-29-09 04:37 PM
    Upgraded this afternoon (while @ work) and it completed in about 30 min. Been playing with it for an hour or so. The BB does SEEM a little "snapper" than .138, back light lag using the track ball is there, not at all with the space bar. BBmaps locks on a little faster. Dosen't seem to be any major changes with this one. No issues (major or minor) so far. I'll keep checking.

05-29-09 04:39 PM
    Upgraded this afternoon (while @ work) and it completed in about 30 min. Been playing with it for an hour or so. The BB does SEEM a little "snapper" than .138, back light lag using the track ball is there, not at all with the space bar. BBmaps locks on a little faster. Dosen't seem to be any major changes with this one. No issues (major or minor) so far. I'll keep checking.

Check your GPS, someone asked if GPS worked on Alltel with this OS, or was that person on US Cellular, or Bell?
    05-29-09 04:41 PM
    I am on Alltel and GPS was locked with ver. .127 - upgraded to .138 and was able to use it. Seems to work fine with .160 as well.

05-29-09 04:48 PM
    Check your GPS, someone asked if GPS worked on Alltel with this OS, or was that person on US Cellular, or Bell?
    Or Sprint, someone was asking about GPS on Sprint earlier.
    05-29-09 05:08 PM
    3 or 4 people from altel have posted that their gps, which was locked, now works with this
    o/s. Yeah, I've been lurking.

05-29-09 05:16 PM
    I think BnG is right, someone on Sprint was asking if ne1 else had a problem with their GPS on this OS.

05-29-09 05:18 PM
    I'm on Alltel and My GPS is still locked? any ideas on how to get it working??
    05-29-09 05:31 PM
    So what is new with .160 from .138?

I have issues getting a gps lock, will this fix?

I had issues getting a GPS fix with .131, it worked eventually but it was just really slow. Tried it after installing .160 in BB maps, no lock. Did a "t e s t" from the Status screen, ran the GPS test and imediately locked on. Went to BB Maps and got a fast lock as well as with Poynt. Did an Alt-R Shift-Del twice, rechecked and was still getting a fast lock on, even while driving down the road.

To make a long story short, GPS seems to lock way better with .160 than it did in .131.
    05-29-09 05:45 PM
    Went back to 138 ,I can deal without call timer
    05-29-09 05:46 PM
    I'm on Alltel and My GPS is still locked? any ideas on how to get it working??
    If you are still on .127 (Alltel standard for my area) the GPS is blocked. When I went to .138, BBmaps was able to get a sat lock in 5 min or so and was functional. Also amAze got a good lock. With .160 BBmaps locks in less than a minute.

05-29-09 05:49 PM
    I think I'm going back to .77.

I've got backlight lag, answer call delay, and RF issues.
    05-29-09 05:49 PM
991 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD