Did the battery pull twice and I am still getting that brief squelch in the earpiece. Think I would like to roll back to .131. How would I go about this?
    05-29-09 09:12 AM
    i thought i smelled an update..
    done and done. fliggidy flawless.. and i set a personal record. 20 minutes flat.. you're results may very .
    party at my house .
    05-29-09 09:33 AM
    You're welcome.

What did you do to get it to load?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it just took several times with the loader.exe to kick in had to use task manager to end program then it kicked in. it just worked~! weird but thanks for the help!
    05-29-09 09:37 AM
    Richard, just rechecking please bear with me.

When you check in the apploader folder to make sure the vendor.xml file is deleted, then you double click on the loader.exe file, an Apploader window opens right?

Then the Apploader reads the applications on your BB and displays a list in the left side of the window, correct? The list should contain everything on your BB, including "core" apps like Browser, Phone, BB Messenger, as well as any 3rd party apps on your BB. On the right side of the apps, there should either be "update" or "None" as actions for apploader to take.

You said previously that the list only contained the 3rd party apps on your BB, but no core apps. Is this correct? If this is correct, there is definitely something wrong here. Apploader isn't recognizing the OS installed on your PC.

yes it just shows the 3rd party apps with check marks on the left of them.... nothing on the right side that says update... no core apps.... nothing about the browser.... soo something is not recognizing the OS idk what it can be....
    05-29-09 10:06 AM
    Stupid question, probably... I've never done an OS upgrade, so I'm still on 4.5.077, which is the latest VZ "official" OS as far as I know.

I'm running BES through my company (which also happens to be Verizon, by the way) so I don't want to do anything that would screw that up. Am I safe to do this upgrade, or am I stuck waiting for the next "official" release?

The speaker blast thing is really starting to get on my nerves (funny, because I never noticed it before I read about it on this site)...
    05-29-09 10:15 AM
    4.5.0.77 is the latest for VZW.

If you're on BES then you'll probably have to wait for VZW to release a newer OS.
    05-29-09 10:25 AM
    Did the battery pull twice and I am still getting that brief squelch in the earpiece. Think I would like to roll back to .131. How would I go about this?
    I am getting this occasional, brief squelch in my earpiece (and speakerphone) during calls as well. I have done a couple of battery pulls and the problem persists. I don't want to roll back to .131 or .138 if there is another fix for this that someone has discovered.

It reminds me of the days when I used to screw around on my Dad's CB radio in his van. While the touch of nostalgia is nice, it is also becoming annoying.

Thanks~
    05-29-09 10:27 AM
    Uninstall .160 from your PC then reinstall .131 and delete the vendor.xml file then run app loader.

It's basically the same process as upgrading
    05-29-09 10:31 AM
    Uninstall .160 from your PC then reinstall .131 and delete the vendor.xml file then run app loader.

It's basically the same process as upgrading
    Sounds like the fix for now is "deal with it or downgrade your OS" - I can live with that. I'll see if I can make it through the weekend dealing with it, otherwise is rollback time on Monday morning. Thanks bng!
    05-29-09 10:40 AM
    4.5.0.77 is the latest for VZW.

If you're on BES then you'll probably have to wait for VZW to release a newer OS.
    I was on VZW website yesterday. Under support, pick your phone and go to device download. They have .131
    05-29-09 10:44 AM
    FINALLY they put back the Japanese Font/Character Support. I'm happy.
    05-29-09 11:17 AM
    Never was. When you are in normal, the speaker icon appears on your themes as a normal looking speaker - no dots. If you change to another mode, the colored dot will appear with the speaker to indicate a change in audio status.

Very smooth upgrade from 138. .JL commander wipe fresh 160 install with no flaw
    160 is a keeper

Update
    Maybe not a keeper ,
    Went into profiles setting ring tone reminders,I Get half way through set up and all sound went mute.Did batt pull ,Went into profile getting same results half way through setup in profile "Normal"

Update
    As seen below I Have "Loud" profile active yet there's no pretty colored dot in front of "Normal" Profile

Update
    Well I got it working getting all ringtone reminders set up in "Normal" profile...there bug in 160 profiles so be careful setting up.
    Deffantly send yourself text to make sure sounds present after you get setup complete just to be safe
    05-29-09 11:24 AM
    driphter
    Dizz
    Paul
    I figured it out in Post #121 ,thanks for the help though
    05-29-09 11:33 AM
    I just updated about a half hour ago. So far so good. Only problem I had was that the calendar appts. didn't carry over, so I had to sync with DM and all is well.
    05-29-09 12:07 PM
    I noticed a lag. Its slower than my last version. Any explanation? Also after I downloaded I didnt have MMS option and my preloaded pictures are gone and had to backup my old files..
    Not sure how many other things I was missing but I definitely noticed these two things. Still didnt get my pics back. but I did get MMS...

Personally I just think the response time from screen to screen is delayed.

What to do?!

Sounds like you went from 4.3 to 4.5, there are no preloaded pics and wallpapers in 4.5.

Also, it is normal to have a little lag following any OS reload/upgrade because your BB/apps has to update with the BIS servers, and any 3rd party apps like weather apps also update. You will see a lot of data activity (arrows in the upper rt of your screen) no doubt when the lag is present.

05-29-09 12:13 PM
    Trying to install, megashared link didnt let me, trying to install from the blackberry site now

Official Lets me, idk what the deal was trying now..
    Last edited by SP-JESTER; 05-29-09 at 01:26 PM.
    05-29-09 01:22 PM
    Well 160 is running great which makes me think it may of been 3rd party app -Berrybuzz not mixing well with fresh OS at beginning beating up OS Profiles.

There's definitely some extra memory gained.
    Apps installed,

BerryWeather
    Berrybuzz
    BerryPopup
    BerryTunes
    Berry locator
    CaptureIt
    Google Maps
    Iheart Radio
    Quick Launch
    Slacker Radio
    Sprint Nav
    8900 Theme
    Signal-Loc

48 MB Remaining
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-29-09 at 01:52 PM.
    05-29-09 01:40 PM
    Trying to install, megashared link didnt let me, trying to install from the blackberry site now

Official Lets me, idk what the deal was trying now..
    The megashare link must be getting a lot of hits.

I had to reactivate it.

I added a link for Megaupload too.
    05-29-09 01:45 PM
    I installed .160 earlier today and have been testing it out. The Berry button menu for Opera Mini doesn't work. It will flash the menu, than go away just as quick. Also, BBweather needs a manual update all the time now. Other than that it is a better OS.
    05-29-09 02:03 PM
    I installed .160 earlier today and have been testing it out. The Berry button menu for Opera Mini doesn't work. It will flash the menu, than go away just as quick. Also, BBweather needs a manual update all the time now. Other than that it is a better OS.
    If you are using a 3rd party theme with transparent menu backgrounds, this is a known problem and it is not OS related but a bug with OM.

Change to a stock theme, or another 3rd party theme without transparent menus, and OM's menu will work fine, even with this OS.
    05-29-09 02:05 PM
    If you are using a 3rd party theme with transparent menu backgrounds, this is a known problem and it is not OS related but a bug with OM.

Change to a stock theme, or another 3rd party theme without transparent menus, and OM's menu will work fine, even with this OS.
    Thanks, I will give that a try. It is a theme I've had on for only a day now and hadn't use OM.
    05-29-09 02:09 PM
    Thanks, I will give that a try. It is a theme I've had on for only a day now and hadn't use OM.
    Or you can use Bolt.
    05-29-09 02:15 PM
    I tried Bolt and thought it loaded slower than OM or BBbrower. may have to take another look at it.
    05-29-09 02:21 PM
    Most have stated that this OS is faster. I also noticed some reported noise in the ear piece. Wonder if it's worth it to upgrade from .131 ot this version. How much faster is it?

05-29-09 02:29 PM
    Installed .160 this morning, seems to work great. Only issue Ive run into is under Options, when I click About, nothing happens. Everything else seems to work perfectly though.
    05-29-09 02:38 PM
991 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD