Disable your internet connection to your PC then run DM and the upgrade.

Check to see if the vendor.xml file showed back up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 12:26 AM
    Good point about the vendor.xml file possibly coming back BnG.

05-29-09 12:28 AM
    Disable your internet connection to your PC then run DM and the upgrade.

Check to see if the vendor.xml file showed back up first.

thanks i tried that as well and nothing??
    05-29-09 12:32 AM
    hey guys ive never been able to install this updates ... when i remove the vendor file i click on apploader and it doesnt recognize the new update.. i tried from DMv7 and it wont recognize that theres a new update... ive even tried disconnecting from the internet.....
    05-29-09 12:34 AM
    Did you install the .160 OS to your PC after dowloading it?

05-29-09 12:34 AM
    Richard, same thing. Did you install the OS after downloading it?

Also, double check that you don't have an 8330m. This OS won't install to an 8330m.

05-29-09 12:36 AM
    What kind of problem are you having with the mirror?

Disregard my "problem" post...it just took me a while to d/l it from mega...

Install was smooth, no issues during install...

As I'm new to the curve world...what is the "backlight issue" that everyone speaks about???

It might just be me, but my browser seems to be quicker than the previous version I had on it (.131)

Haven't had any issues with the RF as of yet...granted it's only been a bit, so the jury is out on that until I have a few more days to dive into it...

Thanks for the update!!!!
    05-29-09 12:38 AM
    Sometimes when you press a button to wake the BB up there will be a lag before the backlight comes on.

05-29-09 12:41 AM
    Richard, same thing. Did you install the OS after downloading it?

Also, double check that you don't have an 8330m. This OS won't install to an 8330m.

Go to Options/Status and if you have MEID numbers then this OS will not load on your BB.

05-29-09 12:43 AM
    i dont have any MEID numbers showing.... yes OS was installed....
    05-29-09 01:02 AM
    Richard, go to C:/Programs/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader.

Make sure the vendor.xml file is deleted. Double click on loader.exe, make sure DM is closed first.

Your update should load.

05-29-09 01:05 AM
    i downloaded this from the mega site not from blackberry.. i installed twice already and removed vendor file.. i even disconnected from internet... nothing.... i tried from apploader and from DM
    05-29-09 01:06 AM
    Richard, go to C:/Programs/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader.

Make sure the vendor.xml file is deleted. Double click on loader.exe, make sure DM is closed first.

Your update should load.

Just tried it and nope it wont show up! whats going on?
    05-29-09 01:08 AM
    If you click on apploader file nothing will happen. You have to click on loader.exe

05-29-09 01:09 AM
    yes i click on loader.exe and then click next it will read device..... then it just brings up a list of all the apps i have installed... no new OS shows up...
    05-29-09 01:10 AM
    i downloaded this from the mega site not from blackberry.. i installed twice already and removed vendor file.. i even disconnected from internet... nothing.... i tried from apploader and from DM
    Did you use the apploader from the BB site or from the folder where the Vendor file is? The only reason I ask is that I tried to use the apploader from the BB site and it didn't recognize the update....then I defaulted back to the apploader that's with the OS...but that was with .131 though...
    05-29-09 01:10 AM
    Did you use the apploader from the BB site or from the folder where the Vendor file is? The only reason I ask is that I tried to use the apploader from the BB site and it didn't recognize the update....then I defaulted back to the apploader that's with the OS...but that was with .131 though...
    from the folder c:/program files/common files/RIM/apploader then i clicked on apploader.exe then click next but it doesnt show the OS ...... and yes vendor file is deleted.... doing it from DM wont work either
    05-29-09 01:13 AM
    yes i click on loader.exe and then click next it will read device..... then it just brings up a list of all the apps i have installed... no new OS shows up...
    This is normal. Doesn't it say to the right of the core apps UPDATE?
    05-29-09 01:15 AM
    from the folder c:/program files/common files/RIM/apploader then i clicked on apploader.exe then click next but it doesnt show the OS ...... and yes vendor file is deleted.... doing it from DM wont work either
    You have to click on loader.exe
    05-29-09 01:16 AM
    no it doesnt say anything about core apps.... just the apps that i installed using app world... thats it... no core apps. no update
    05-29-09 01:16 AM
    yes im clicking on apploader.exe then i click on next so it reads the device then it brings with a list of all the apps i have with check marks next to them.... but no new OS no new core app nothing....
    05-29-09 01:17 AM
    Well I'm of no use then...XL will be able to help you out more...

I do know that when you see what is going to load and you confirm that after clicking next, it won't necessarily say "updating to OS 4.5.0.131"...just 4.5 core applications....but as you've stated, you're not even getting that...

I hope you get it to load...maybe take it off your pc again and try a re-install...or even re-d/l it from the mega site..pain in the arse, yes, but maybe for some reason you have a part that's corrupted???

Good Luck
    05-29-09 01:21 AM
    Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion and is there a folder called Shared?

05-29-09 01:22 AM
    It sounds like you don't have .160 installed on your PC. Did you uninstall .131 or whatever OS you had installed on your PC before loading the .160 OS using Control Panel?

Then after d'loading .160, did you double click the file to install it on your PC?

05-29-09 01:23 AM
    i already did it twice...., from blackberry and from mega same results... even if it was corrupted theres no way it would be the same at mega... that one would of worked .. and no im not getting any core updates.... idk ... i always have this problem
    05-29-09 01:23 AM
991 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD