160 stopped my vibration noise after answering the phone. I'm using 8330 from VZW, I had to use the loader.exe to get it detected. 20 minutes later all good.
    06-15-09 11:04 AM
    so download the hybrid to get rid of the squeel and everything else stays the same correct? Its a horrible squeel that comes thru the earpiece when talking so hope that fixes it!!
    06-15-09 02:49 PM
    so download the hybrid to get rid of the squeel and everything else stays the same correct? Its a horrible squeel that comes thru the earpiece when talking so hope that fixes it!!
    Yeah, everything else is .160, just the radio is from .131 to get rid of the chirp/squeal.
    06-15-09 03:46 PM
    This hybrid OS will give you the radio from the .131 OS and all the other files will be .160 to get rid of the chirp/squeal during calls.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/

This hybrid also has the chirp/squeal problem fixed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...d-beta-245836/
    What is the difference between these two hybrids?
    06-15-09 04:12 PM
    Greetings, saw you over at HoFo.

Lyricidal's hybrid contains a base .160 OS with files from the 4.6 and 5.0 OS builds in addition to the .131 radio. The hybrid thread started by blackngray has a .160 base with just a few files, including the radio file from .131 carried over to get rid of the squeal/chirp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-15-09 at 04:54 PM.
    06-15-09 04:51 PM
    Greetings, saw you over at HoFo.

Lyricidal's hybrid contains a base .160 OS with files from the 4.6 and 5.0 OS builds in addition to the .131 radio. The hybrid thread started by blackngray has a .160 base with just a few files, including the radio file from .131 carried over to get rid of the squeal/chirp.

Hey! I'm a long time HF reader, watcher, what not......

Don't know what to do here, I updated to .160 for Telus and my battery won't last a whole day, the signal is jumping and I'm getting the speakerblast. So, I don't know if I should go to .131 for sprint or try out the hybrids.
    06-15-09 07:01 PM
    Hehe, if you are feeling brave, try the hybrid by lyricidal. I have a wild one on the last 2 pages of the thread.

For something simpler, I have a thread about a hybrid with a base .160 OS with the 130 radio files to get rid of the spekerblast and other .138/.160 radio problems.

06-15-09 07:21 PM
    Did upgrade, only thing I can't figure out. On the part where you can pick volume of everything on the phone. (loud, vibrate, quite, normal, and phone only mode) when I pick the phone only mode, which I normally use at work, all my msngr and email and all things are set to mute, no sound. The only thing it is supposed to do is vibrate when I get a new call. The only issue is when I dial a number; I get the sound from each key click. How do I turn that off?

I went into edit phone only mode, and went into phone and there is no option to turn off vial for dialing numbers. I tried other modes and those did not make noise when I clicked the numbers. Where is that option?
    06-16-09 12:46 PM
    Hehe, if you are feeling brave, try the hybrid by lyricidal. I have a wild one on the last 2 pages of the thread.

For something simpler, I have a thread about a hybrid with a base .160 OS with the 130 radio files to get rid of the spekerblast and other .138/.160 radio problems.

tried this last night, bricked the phone..... got app error 200 or something.. took me a while to get the phone back in working order, went from vzw .77 to sprint .131....

lol
    06-16-09 01:09 PM
    sirflex, Sprint's 4.5.0.131 is a nice, solid OS. It is what I'd be running if I wasn't on a hybrid.
    06-16-09 01:45 PM
    WE NEED SOME MALE VOTERS!! LOL

Hi guys,

Right now, there's a competition in full swing with 8 contenders trying to win this month's theme contest.

It's open to vote and it'd be nice to see some of you visit the polls!

Anyway, PLEASE PLACE YOUR VOTE! Voting ends at the end of the month...

enjoy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/ju...-thread-248898
    06-16-09 02:41 PM
    When you wipe your phone, does it completely erase everything? (Such as ESN, PIN, etc.) I'm BB newbie on a Alltel 8330 Curve. I came from a ATT-WinMo phone with the SIM cards. On those phones, you just formatted the phone but all contacts, network info, etc. was stored on the SIM. I'm getting the squeal really bad and wanted to go to the hybrid. But I didn't want to wipe and then not be able to get my phone back working on Alltel's network.
    06-16-09 04:16 PM
    i want to try the hybrid again tonight..... hehe
    06-16-09 04:48 PM
    sirflex, Sprint's 4.5.0.131 is a nice, solid OS. It is what I'd be running if I wasn't on a hybrid.
    i think i'm going to try the hybrid again tonight......

definitely curious to see the difference in speed and stuff.

i followed the directions, just not sure what i did wrong. maybe i'll do a backup first, then wipe the device completely.

what am i suppose to have installed for handheld software? .131 (sprint) or 1.60 (telus)?
    06-16-09 04:50 PM
    .160 Telus installed on your PC, it doesn't matter what's on your BB.

06-16-09 05:49 PM
    When you wipe your phone, does it completely erase everything? (Such as ESN, PIN, etc.) I'm BB newbie on a Alltel 8330 Curve. I came from a ATT-WinMo phone with the SIM cards. On those phones, you just formatted the phone but all contacts, network info, etc. was stored on the SIM. I'm getting the squeal really bad and wanted to go to the hybrid. But I didn't want to wipe and then not be able to get my phone back working on Alltel's network.
    Your ESN and PIN doesn't get wiped, they are hard coded on your BB. Make sure you do a 3rd party backup so you don't lose any apps and themes.

06-16-09 07:24 PM
    Your ESN and PIN doesn't get wiped, they are hard coded on your BB. Make sure you do a 3rd party backup so you don't lose any apps and themes.

Thanks so much xliderider!! I'm on to the Hybrid!! Just one more thing if you don't mind, how do you find your radio version?
    06-16-09 07:29 PM
    Your radio version? It's just the .sfi file taken from the CDMA folder of whatever OS it's from. So I'm using the .sfi file from the .131 OS, so tats the .131 radio.

06-16-09 07:46 PM
    Cool. Thanks for all of your help!!
    06-16-09 07:53 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/

This hybrid also has the chirp/squeal problem fixed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...d-beta-245836/[/QUOTE]

Will one of these work with my sprint phone? I downgraded os's to get rid of a problem went from 4.5 to 4.3 and it corrected problem but now have limited email attachments etc...
    06-16-09 08:31 PM
    Both will work on your Sprint 8330.

06-16-09 08:36 PM
    Both will work on your Sprint 8330.

Will I lose sprint nav and other sprint features? Which do you recommend?

Oh and do you load it like any os in dm? back up, wipe with commander, and run app loader?
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 06-16-09 at 08:43 PM.
    06-16-09 08:39 PM
    Those services are pushed through your service books, I believe. So there should be no problem.

It's up to you which one is better.

06-16-09 08:44 PM
    Is the loading procedure the same just download and run exe then use same procedures on the dm?
    06-16-09 08:53 PM
    I prefer to install the OS from the loader.exe file in the apploader folder, which you will be in anyway to remove the vendor.xml file.

06-16-09 09:09 PM
991 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD