Yester18, I managed to restore some of my data. If I do the restore from the file you mentioned, will it destroy any of the data I already restored?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 07:58 AM
    No issues here...everything works as it should...

06-04-09 08:18 AM
    Yester18, I managed to restore some of my data. If I do the restore from the file you mentioned, will it destroy any of the data I already restored?

Sorry, still morning here. Confused on what you and i were working on....

Any more info..... I looked a few pages back and don't see anything....
    06-04-09 08:27 AM
    Upgraded OS lost icons and all my data. You said to load it from the loader backup file. So I'm asking I restored some of my data so if I restore from this file will it add to everything I have restored or overwrite it? Thanks oh and good morning

06-04-09 08:40 AM
    Loading the backup from the loader file will restore it back to the way all the data was the time the backup was made.

You can restore certain parts of the the backup if you wish as well.
    06-04-09 08:43 AM
    Keith, one way to tell if your radio "took" is to look at your Options, About screen. Look at the Platform version. A straight .160 OS has a platform version of 3.4.0 .41, if the .138 radio file "took" then the platform version might be lower like 3.4.0.35 or something.

Hope that helps.

FYI, I specifically didn't use the .138 radio in my .131/.160 hybrid OS because I was having the RF issues with the .138 OS.

Ok so my Platford says .41.. i figured it didnt work. I'll try again but use the .131 radio because that's the one i was using before and it worked fine for me..

BTW, for anyone keeping tabs, I have the chirp problem with .160 and I have Verizon...

thx again rider..
    06-04-09 08:58 AM
    im still running the .131 on my sprint 8330 and it works fine i was just wondering if its even worth upgrading to .160?
    06-04-09 10:25 AM
    Hey All,

I did my upgrade a few days ago. I cannot confirm on the chirping in the ear piece as I use my bluetooth all the time. I can confirm that there is no chirping in the bluetooth headset. One thing I did notice with this upgrade besides the snappiness was that the external speaker sounds a lot better than it used to.
    Only problem I have now is that my desktop manager always says working and the phone says connected. It never goes back to normal from there. But that is probably a whole seperate issue since my setup is probably a lot different than the normal user. I run linux and have a Windows 7 VM that I use for my BB and just pass the usb connection through to it. If you use this setup as well DO NOT TRY AND UPGRADE THIS WAY it's way too flaky go use a dedicated windows box.
    06-04-09 11:12 AM
    I currently have a Verizon Curve 8330 with .77 firmware. What does this new firmware add that would tempt me to update my phone? I get the speakerphone blast once and a while but not enough to bother me. Other than that I find my .77 firmware works great but I'm always looking for the newest and best firmware!

Also, the only thing I'm really looking for now is some sort of bedside mode application for my curve! I just want a big clock/screensaver so when I'm sleeping its easy to see the time. Anyone know where I can find something like that for free?
    Last edited by ace2525; 06-04-09 at 01:28 PM.
    06-04-09 01:26 PM
    Type-R and Ace, wait a few days. I have a feeling something good will be hitting the forums in a day or two.

Another member is testing a more stable OS than this .160, especially if you are on Verizon.

06-04-09 01:35 PM
    Type-R and Ace, wait a few days. I have a feeling something good will be hitting the forums in a day or two.

Another member is testing a more stable OS than this .160, especially if you are on Verizon.

06-04-09 01:44 PM

sweeeeet
    06-04-09 01:47 PM

What Kinda Treats are coming my way???
    06-04-09 03:37 PM
    It's a surprise
    Last edited by brandon.r; 06-04-09 at 03:44 PM.
    06-04-09 03:40 PM
    Patience, my friend.
    06-04-09 03:40 PM
    Ok quick question. Got a sprint 8330 and can't get the imei. Tried the*#06# but it doesn't wrk. If I upgrade the OS to this version and erase the vendor xml file will I then be able to get the imei to show?

06-04-09 04:59 PM
    Patience, my friend.
    hahaha the suspense is killing me
    06-04-09 05:38 PM
    Subbing so I won't miss it!

06-04-09 06:07 PM

The wait is over folks...

This hybrid OS has been tested by blackngray70, Brandon.r and myself for the last day+ with none of the issues seen in the .138 and .160 official OS releases.

Specifically, no chirp/squelch audio problem during phone calls. No messed up profiles following OS install (after proper backup/restore). No speakerblast when answering calls. No answer delay.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/
    06-05-09 06:36 AM
    Does installing another carrier's OS change the original theme and wallpaper provided by your original carrier? Thanks
    06-05-09 07:19 AM
    No, it doesn't affect anything unique to your carrier.

06-05-09 07:22 AM
    About 12 hours of v.160 being on my device.

Smooth and easy install (thanks as usual to CB guides), and so far no issues to note - including RF and speakerblast.

I will be looking out for feedback on the Hybrid OS!!

Thanks CB Crew!
    06-05-09 08:06 AM
    I have a verizon 8330. running .77, is there any reason or advantage to upgrading the OS to .160?

Thanks for what ever insight you can give, new to being a blackberry user.
    06-05-09 11:47 AM
    I have a verizon 8330. running .77, is there any reason or advantage to upgrading the OS to .160?

Thanks for what ever insight you can give, new to being a blackberry user.
    .160 has some problems, I recommend going to the .160/.131 hybrid instead. It is a much more stable, problem-free operating system for your 8330.

I see you've already posted in the hybrid thread.
    06-05-09 11:56 AM
    Ive been using this OS since yesterday and its working flawlessly. I havent experienced and squelching or chirping noises. No lagging of any type either. Maybe its just with verizon customers that have been having those issues.
    06-05-09 05:31 PM
991 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD