08-19-09 01:05 PM
991 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Seems like the only users having the squeal/chirping problem are Verizon people.
    Yeah I started having it last night.

I'm going to try out the hybrid though.
    06-02-09 02:41 PM
    Why does an update also wipe my memopad? Everything else comes back fine. Address book, calendar, bookmarks, 3rd party apps - their all there, but not memos. Is there an easy way to get back my info. I did a regular backup before update.

Does someone any easy ideas? Or what am I doing wrong. It did this when I went to 138 also, but I just lived with it.
    06-02-09 02:55 PM
    Why does an update also wipe my memopad? Everything else comes back fine. Address book, calendar, bookmarks, 3rd party apps - their all there, but not memos. Is there an easy way to get back my info. I did a regular backup before update.

Does someone any easy ideas? Or what am I doing wrong. It did this when I went to 138 also, but I just lived with it.
    I use BBNotepad, it can open all your MemoPad notes and save them to your memory card. Since your notes are on your memory card, you don't have to worry about losing them, and they don't take up space in your device memory.

BBNotePad OTA
    06-02-09 03:10 PM
    I'm new to blackberrys and want to install the new OS I'm just curious what a vendor.xml file is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 03:29 PM
    Emailed you files Blackngray.I also threw in Blackberry.alx file that will clear your carrier theme
    06-02-09 03:35 PM
    Is anyone having issues with internet connectivity after updating? I've noticed the browser is spotty. As well as other apps that connect (messenger, FB, app world), but opera mini runs like a champ. Somewhat baffled by this.

Thanks!

I've noticed this since installing .160. The other thing I've noticed is that my battery life is terrible. I can barely go a full day on a charge. I'm probably going to downgrade to one of the other versions.
    06-02-09 04:18 PM
    If anything I've noticed just the opposite, my browser is waaay faster and my battery is lasting as long if not longer than before.

06-02-09 04:53 PM
    Emailed you files Blackngray.I also threw in Blackberry.alx file that will clear your carrier theme
    Thankyou Slingbox

06-02-09 04:57 PM
    I'm getting some Out of Memory errors in the past 10mins ..
    Had the phone on for about 12 hours now

Its basically lagging on me and showing the busy mouse in the middle and not letting me do nothing
    06-02-09 06:22 PM
    hmmmm.... not to happy with the release, call forwarding options are GONE!!!
    Where are the call forwarding options?

Aren't they supposed to be in the phone app options?

If so they're missing in .131 too.

Does anyone running .138 have call forwarding options?

06-02-09 06:57 PM
    I am now running Slingbox's version of the hybrid (138 with some 160s thrown in).

I'm not sure I think it's any faster than 160 was stand alone. Haven't had a chance to test out phone squelch, but I'm running the same OS and Platform that Sling posted earlier in this thread.

I did have some issues doing the OS load...they were user error but it required a bit more work than it would have normally and therefore I'm stuck restoring my third party stuff a bit manually. My dumb mistake...I did the third party app back up but not a REGULAR back up!!! I had a back up from not too long ago so I was able to get most of my preferences off of that.

I'm seeing some hour glass but still working on getting databases updated (Splash databases). Will post more as I observe it.

ETA: I did do a successful backup (after the new hybrid OS install).

ETA: Ooops....wrong thread!!!
    Last edited by French; 06-02-09 at 08:44 PM.
    06-02-09 08:00 PM
    French, maybe you can post a copy here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/160...8330-a-240368/

Slingbox started a new thread for the .160/.138 hybrid OS.

06-02-09 08:27 PM
    Upgraded 24 hours ago! Everything went great, battery life is much improved, and zero problems to report!

Thanks for the fantastic instructions!
    06-02-09 11:46 PM
    This is a dumb question, but I just don't remember.

Do you lose your BBM contacts during an upgrade?
    06-03-09 01:26 AM
    You shouldn't but you should do a backup just in case.

06-03-09 01:28 AM
    How do you backup the BBM contacts?
    06-03-09 01:29 AM
    Connect your BB to Desktop Manager and run a backup.

06-03-09 01:37 AM
    Connect your BB to Desktop Manager and run a backup.

I'm trying to do that but keep getting a database error
    06-03-09 01:48 AM
    On your BB open your browser and press menu and select Options/Cache Operations and clear your Content Cache and try the backup again.

06-03-09 01:52 AM
    Already got it done and installing the new OS now.

Thanks for the help.
    06-03-09 01:59 AM
    No problem

06-03-09 02:30 AM
    same thing just quicker... Try doing the update and see if it helps.
    Did the *22899 and I can't really tell if it "helped" or not (I had previously done *228, 2). Maybe didn't bounce to 1X quite as much yesterday. Will continue to monitor.

GO PENS!!!!!!
    06-03-09 07:32 AM
    Well glad to see RIM finally fixes the calendar week # bug.... in the version.
    06-03-09 07:46 AM
    As with every OS update, I had to restore my calendar. This time I could not find a way to do just the calendar, so I did a full restore from the backup I did just prior to the install.

Now the "Send Using" on my calendar appointments says "Device Default" rather than the calendar for my main email account.

The next two appointments do not show up under the Calendar icon on my main screen as they formerly did, and when I use Select Calendar and switch to my main email account, all the appointment disappear.

Also each appointment on the daily calendar now has a pink background, where it used to be white like the rest of the daily calendar.

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem. It's really frustrating!! How can we fix this without having to re-enter all calendar entries in the correct profile?? I don't understand why you can't just change the profile in the actual appointment.
    06-03-09 12:01 PM
    the bug that i found is thay when i try to chenge my progile setting when i go into the loud progile and select sms it does not let me go in there to change it also in the vibrate sms but it does let me in the quiet, normal and phone only so i had to downgrade it was bugging me alot
    06-03-09 02:53 PM
991 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD