thanks xliderider , I appreciate how quick help came. right before I checked for a reply I provisioned my phone and that returned my browser. I thought that might do it and well... jackpot ! lol guess I have learned a couple of tricks hangin out here lol
    05-31-09 07:16 PM
    For those of you that are having the 'chirp' problem.
    Will this work or is this something entirely different than the phone part off bb?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...nother-151035/
    As far as I can tell, that applies to the Storm and Bold OSs. I don't know if it will work with the Curves running 4.5

Are you willing to be the guinea pig?

Just be sure to back everything up before you go for it.

Edit: Actually, this has piqued my interest. I might give it a shot, even though I haven't had the problem with the high-pitched sound while on a call. I do have the RF issues from time to time though. Maybe a hybrid .131/.160 OS? . I can't do it now though (at work).
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-31-09 at 07:49 PM.
    05-31-09 07:24 PM
    As far as I can tell, that applies to the Storm and Bold OSs. I don't know if it will work with the Curves running 4.5

Are you willing to be the guinea pig?

Just be sure to back everything up before you go for it.

Edit: Actually, this has piqued my interest. I might give it a shot, even though I haven't had the problem with the high-pitched sound while on a call. I do have the RF issues from time to time though. Maybe a hybrid .131/.160 OS? . I can't do it now though (at work).
    In theory, it should work for the Curve too.

This is assuming that it is that section of code that controls the radio that is causing the problem. (It most likely is)

It could be another segment of code somewhere else that is causing the actual conflict, that causes the problem. Of course the only way to know this is for someone to try it, and test it to see what the outcome is.
    05-31-09 08:36 PM
    I've pm'd the OP of that thread to get his thoughts on if it might work on the 8330 platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 08:39 PM
    Can anyone tell me the list of changed thing in this OS?
    05-31-09 08:40 PM
    Can anyone tell me the list of changed thing in this OS?
    Nope. There is no list like that available.

What OS are you on now?

05-31-09 08:50 PM
    I've pm'd the OP of that thread to get his thoughts on if it might work on the 8330 platform.

Great! Then the curve forums wil become littered with:

BB Curveman hybrid v5

Expand O/S by lyricidal

BB Curveman Hybrid vs. Expand O/S

Johnny crackheads radio swap o/s

Will BB curveman hybrid void my warranty?

Should I stay with Johny crackheads o/s or...

I talked to my verizon rep yesterday and...

Etc...

05-31-09 09:41 PM
    Great! Then the curve forums wil become littered with:
    ...Etc...

Lol. I got a reply.

I'll start experimenting on my .131/.160 OS hybrid tomorrow.

05-31-09 09:47 PM
    Lol. I got a reply.

Sweet...although I'm not having any problems with the "chirp" as other are having..might be nice to have a hybrid on the curve....put some 5.0 files in there...

Can't wait to see what ya come up with!!
    06-01-09 12:42 AM
    For those of you that are having the 'chirp' problem.
    Will this work or is this something entirely different than the phone part off bb?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...nother-151035/

Hehe, couldn't wait.

Success! I have a .131/.160 hybrid OS running on my 8330 now.

New thread started for discussion.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/131...8330-a-238971/
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-01-09 at 04:31 AM.
    06-01-09 04:05 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with a "squelch" during phone calls with .160? I noticed since I downloaded it, during phone calls I hear a weird squelch.
    06-01-09 07:44 AM
    So far I'm pleased with this release. I'm not experiencing the high pitch during calls that has been mentioned here, however haven't tested this aspect very well yet. Overall I feel my Curve is now more responsive (snappier), and BBM seems to be functioning better as well. Also, while I didn't think I had an RF issue before, I definitely think it's better now. I'm holding a signal much better at work than I used to. Which may explain why BBM seems to be functioning better, actually.

I haven't tried a *228 yet. But everything else is working well and I'm pleased.

ETA: I just did the *228 update. While signal seemed to weaken, it's not enough to say for sure.

Hopefully will be able to test the "squelch" issue later today.
    Last edited by French; 06-01-09 at 09:27 AM.
    06-01-09 08:16 AM
    Up and running with .160 since Friday and had no issues to speak of. Seems to be a stable product.

One thing that has been mentioned is a high pitched squelch that some users experience during calls. Going back over the last few pages of this post, the majority who have this problem have Verizon listed as their carrier. Maybe its just an anomoly, maybe not.

Oh and xliderider, congrats on the birth of your .131/.160 Frankenberry
    06-01-09 09:17 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with a "squelch" during phone calls with .160? I noticed since I downloaded it, during phone calls I hear a weird squelch.
    I'm also have this Churping sound on calls. Anyone with a Verzon been able to fix this problem? I've tried numerous battery pulls, but it still comes back!

jkk4
    06-01-09 09:53 AM
    i cannot find the vendor.xml file in my download, i usually have no trouble but its not listed in my loader file! What can i do?
    06-01-09 09:53 AM
    I'm also have this Churping sound on calls. Anyone with a Verzon been able to fix this problem? I've tried numerous battery pulls, but it still comes back!

jkk4

How long into a call when you hear it? I still haven't experienced it.
    06-01-09 10:48 AM
    Nope. There is no list like that available.

What OS are you on now?

currently using 4.5.0.160
    06-01-09 11:40 AM
    I just got this error: "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    I have a Curve 8330 and have BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.7...what am I missing? :/
    Last edited by EmergenC911; 06-01-09 at 12:00 PM.
    06-01-09 11:46 AM
    Major problem for me with this upgrade. Whether on speakerphone or handset mode, every 30-45 seconds there is a quick, LOUD, high pitch noise that strikes the phone. I've done battery pulls and so on...no luck. This is something that I definitely cannot tolerate. I strongly recommend to not use this update, as it will disrupt all your calls.
    totally agree.. it just screechs in your ear... i was wondering if there was an alert we could turn off.. cuz it seems like alot of the time it is like 10 seconds before you flip to the next min at the beginning of a call then its like every 5 mins after that....
    I'm also getting the chirp. It happens everytime I am on a call. Next time I hear it, I will ask the other party if they hear it as well. I have no RF issues and no backlight lag tho, but my symbol key is noticeably slower.
    Several different calls today, some had the chirp, some didnt, and the frequency seems to be pretty random.

I'm gonna end up going back to 131 later tonight, I would go to 138 but the in-call timer is a feature i've gotten used to with every cell phone i've ever had.
    For those experiencing the chirping or squelch issue, you might want to try using the radio code from the .131 OS build in either .138 or .160. Instructions are in the link in post #1 of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/131...8330-a-238971/

I have had no problems whatsoever running on my .138/.160 hybrid OS. But I am not a heavy phone user, BBM, etc.
    06-01-09 11:55 AM
    I just got this error: "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Devise Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    I have a Curve 8330 and have BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.7...what am I missing? :/
    Disconnect your internet/network before you open Desktop Manager.
    06-01-09 11:57 AM
    And after you complete your upgrade you should un-install DM 4.7 and download/install 4.5 or 4.6

06-01-09 12:02 PM
    And after you complete your upgrade you should un-install DM 4.7 and download/install 4.5 or 4.6

I MUST be doing something wrong because I still can't seem to get it to work, so I'm going to uninstall 4.7, download 4.5, and try this whole thing all over again.
    06-01-09 12:22 PM
    will this finally fix the issue I am having with not being able to hotsync data and work with the desktop software. mine keeps locking up and not recognizing my handheld. I am at a complete loss and frustrated that I can't work with my curve more.
    06-01-09 12:32 PM
    Ok, so for some reason my computer doesn't seem to want to detect the .160 software =/
    06-01-09 01:11 PM
    I would like an experts direction on this too. I attempted to contact Verizon only to be said they can't help and then was on the phone with Blackberry and they got me to a point after over an hour and no resolution ...please help or direct us to a string that is easy to read and understand how to resolve the issue for newbies
    06-01-09 01:21 PM
991 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD