poped my upgrade cherry on a easy fast 25 min upgrade
    08-06-09 10:03 PM
    Did you remove VAD (Voice Activated Dialing)?

Well you must have anyway that is why you have no About screen.
    Yes I did, I didn't realize it messed with the about screen.

So how do I add the VAD files back? With crackmem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 10:08 PM
    Yes I did, I didn't realize it messed with the about screen.

So how do I add the VAD files back? With crackmem?

Yes, CrackMem has a "Put it Back" button. This will put everything back, then you have to reselect what you don't want other than vad to be removed.

Then connect to usb and run DM again to reload the vad files.

08-07-09 12:07 AM
    I am upgrading from 77 now, just a little behind.
    08-07-09 03:43 PM
    Yes, CrackMem has a "Put it Back" button. This will put everything back, then you have to reselect what you don't want other than vad to be removed.

Then connect to usb and run DM again to reload the vad files.

How do I add the vad files to the phone with DM?

Do I just reload the OS? I already redid the crackmem and put the files back.
    08-08-09 11:35 AM
    Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader and it should show an update available.

08-08-09 12:28 PM
    Can I put this new OS on my VZW 8330 or I have OS v 4.5.0.77 already installed! Is this .138 newer or older! I'm sucha ****** when it cpmes to this stuff! HELP!

08-12-09 10:25 PM
    you guys are scarin this newbie
    08-13-09 03:15 AM
    Upgraded last night and no problems thus far! Hopefully everything stays this way until an "official" Sprint update comes!
    08-13-09 07:09 AM
    .160 is the fastest I've ever seen my BB move this fast. One of the greatest decisions I made was to upgrade from .131 to .160. I wish the 8330 would get a 4.6 upgrade!
    08-13-09 10:14 AM
    Verizon came out with .138 and I upgraded...noticed a severe lag with the backlight coming out of standby; also noticed that the call timer went away.

Decided to upgrade to .160 and noticed that the OS is much faster; no more backlight lag and the call timer is back. Best OS yet for the curve; glad I upgraded!
    08-13-09 10:53 AM
    Verizon came out with .138 and I upgraded...noticed a severe lag with the backlight coming out of standby; also noticed that the call timer went away.

Decided to upgrade to .160 and noticed that the OS is much faster; no more backlight lag and the call timer is back. Best OS yet for the curve; glad I upgraded!
    Yeah, I noticed the backlight lag and came on here to see if anyone else had it. I guess I will upgrade to the hybrid. BTW, does anyone know if the hybrid upgrade works through the DM? I want to make sure my apps, address book, and calendar get backed up during the upgrade.
    08-13-09 12:11 PM
    Sorry if this is a repeat, I've searched for definitive info but didn't see any.

I've got a couple questions on desktop manager upgrading OS and bb messenger. I'm on a 8330 which came with OS 127 from factory. I found 160 on this site and upgraded. I recently upgraded bb messenger to 5.0. Sometimes bbm gets super slow and only a reboot will get messages going again, if only for a little while. I saw the comment a few posts before mine about the same problem.

My bbm could be slow before upgrading to bbm 5, but not like this. Is this a 160 problem or bbm 5 problem? I don't care to downgrade the OS if it makes bbm work better, but I would prefer to keep bbm 5 if at all possible. I like it much better than the previous version. The only thing I would miss about downgrading the OS is the call timer.

Which brings me to my next question. When I connect to desktop manager, it only provides me with the ability to downgrade to 127, which bbm 5 will not work on. I've recently upgraded a friend's 8330 (same carrier) from 127 to 138. Why is my desktop manager not giving me 138 as an option? Do I have to get back to 127 first?

thanks
    08-13-09 01:51 PM
    Yeah, I noticed the backlight lag and came on here to see if anyone else had it. I guess I will upgrade to the hybrid. BTW, does anyone know if the hybrid upgrade works through the DM? I want to make sure my apps, address book, and calendar get backed up during the upgrade.
    The hybrid is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/hyb...-131-a-242109/

Follow BnG's updated instructions, especially to make a backup, and a 3rd party backup before loading. That way you cannot lose anything.

Also follow his advice to load your OS from the loader.exe file instead of DM.
    08-13-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks, works like a charm. The delay in waking the display seems to have been solved by the hybrid.
    08-13-09 10:41 PM
    2 days in and still going strong!!!
    08-14-09 07:16 AM
    Oops, I spoke too soon. Turns out the delay for waking the display occurs when the phone isn't plugged in. This seems to be common to both .138 and the hybrid. How do I fix this?
    08-14-09 09:48 AM
    Strange. I upgraded last night to .138 (vzw official release) from .77 and I have not experienced or notice any backlight lag. Just an FYI.
    08-14-09 12:32 PM
    Anyone have any media problems on the .160? Sometimes ringtones won't play anymore and only a reboot fixes this...
    08-14-09 01:55 PM
    Anyone have any media problems on the .160? Sometimes ringtones won't play anymore and only a reboot fixes this...
    Yes, media problems and profiles "crashes" where you lose all your set profiles is a known issue with this OS.
    08-14-09 02:40 PM
    I have had my 8330 since the end of December. I was still working on the original OS because I was way too afraid to mess this thing up. I just downloaded and installed the new OS and it was EASY! No hang ups, nothing. And there seems to be way more available memory! I had tons of support thru this thread... so when I finally did it I felt confident. Thanks guys! Now lets see what this baby will do now! Can't wait to start playing with it and finding out what the new updated version has to offer!
    08-15-09 12:52 PM
    The Curve is running better than ever and I even have more free memory! It was a pain having to re-do all my icons again, but other than that, no issues at all!
    08-15-09 06:11 PM
    UNC417, you are not alone... I am currently in the middle of updating my girls 8330 down to .138 because she keeps losing connection to the internet, and to bbm (5) and its irritating the **** out of her to keep doing batt pulls all day. So im trying this, because her phone will end up smashed soon.. If she doesnt have BBM, she is upset cause its quicker to talk to me, but as a serious facebook addict, without internet connection, she almost dies.. Its sad lol.
    08-16-09 09:18 AM
    Kaz778, your daughter will be aggravated on .138 as well. I recommend Sprint's 4.5.0.131 as the most stable, problem free OS.
    08-16-09 02:48 PM
    am i dumb or just not seeing something right? I click on the link on the first post of this thread and it says .253 NOT .160 anddd, it says it's a software download FOR telus.
    08-16-09 05:17 PM
991 ... 37383940
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD