i would like to know if i can upgrade my os from 4.3 to 4.5 so i can down load the apps for the 4.5 os blackberry
    Yes, you can upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5.

Follow the instructions in the first post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:50 AM
    If anyone is having issues with there Berry after installing OS .160 downgrade to OS .127 i do this on a daily basis for my customers. The OS is not meant for the Alltel phones but was released prematurely.
    07-15-09 01:00 PM
    If anyone is having issues with there Berry after installing OS .160 downgrade to OS .127 i do this on a daily basis for my customers. The OS is not meant for the Alltel phones but was released prematurely.
    Perhaps you should consider downgrading your customers to Sprint's 4.5.0.131 instead. GPS doesn't work on .127 for Alltel customers, it's a known issue with .127
    07-15-09 01:40 PM
    The language and input support doesn't list english. should I go ahead and finish this install. I have never done anything like this and dont want to ruin my phone.
    07-16-09 06:24 PM
    trying to update my blackberry os from .77 to .160 was a huge fail.

I have a verizon 8330. I guess certain things were not meant to be!
    07-19-09 01:46 AM
    trying to update my blackberry os from .77 to .160 was a huge fail.

I have a verizon 8330. I guess certain things were not meant to be!
    If you had read a few pages of this thread it would have been apparent that Verizon's network does not work well with this OS.

Sprint's 4.5.0.131 is the most stable non-hybrid OS IMO. You can download it here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    07-19-09 02:56 AM
    Does anyone has mirror link for the OS? that official link is suck! Very slow and disconnect all the time T_T
    07-19-09 04:45 AM
    So is this OS upgrade safe and happy for a Verizon Wireless user? I'm hearing conflicting opinions... So I'm calling in a lifeline and polling the audience... Anyone who uses Verizon have good or bad luck with it?
    07-19-09 04:45 PM
    ok im having a problem trying to upgrade. i have .131 and trying to upgrade to the .160 but its not letting me. every time i try it keeps telling that there is no update to install. i looked at the tutorials and all and im still confused. help please!!
    07-19-09 04:53 PM
    Type #HELP* then press Talk. What is the "Model:" displayed on the screen?
    I have the SKU of 8330C on my phone? I don't think that this has been answered, but does that mean I have the 8330M or 8330? THe model in HELP and ABOUT say 8330

Thanks
    07-19-09 06:02 PM
    This is a great post with clear, easy to follow instructions. Updated my Sprint 8330 and it has been quite a bit faster processing functions it seems. At least for now! Once upgrade was done, the new version of Blackberry messenger that I had been trying to install for 2 days was automatically there, I did not have to do anything further. Thanks for the clear, easy to follow instructions yester18 !!!
    07-19-09 06:11 PM
    anyone know why i am getting this error. or how to fix it so i can upgrade. is there are better upgrade then this one ( i think it is the .160) for a verizon 8330?
    i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/kayteebig/Capture.jpg
    thanks
    07-19-09 06:42 PM
    ok so It seems as though my os was updated when i tried to update it however it stills shows me running .77???? I am completely confused! Any help?
    07-19-09 10:22 PM
    ok so It seems as though my os was updated when i tried to update it however it stills shows me running .77???? I am completely confused! Any help?
    Make sure you only have one OS installed on your PC. Check Control Panel's Add/Remove programs. There should only be one copy of Blackberry Device Software version 4.5, if there are two, remove the older one.

07-19-09 10:32 PM
    So is this OS upgrade safe and happy for a Verizon Wireless user? I'm hearing conflicting opinions... So I'm calling in a lifeline and polling the audience... Anyone who uses Verizon have good or bad luck with it?
    I, Along with other Verizon users will tell you this is a bad OS to load onto your Curve. Others will swear up and down that there is nothing wrong with using this OS on the Verizon network. You decide.

I would recommend Sprint's 4.5.0.131 OS over this and the .138 OS builds.

07-19-09 10:35 PM
    Make sure you only have one OS installed on your PC. Check Control Panel's Add/Remove programs. There should only be one copy of Blackberry Device Software version 4.5, if there are two, remove the older one.

Thanks bunches! After I delete this do I need to go back and reload the new os through dm or apploader?
    07-19-09 10:38 PM
    Thanks bunches! After I delete this do I need to go back and reload the new os through dm or apploader?
    I always double click the loader(.exe) file in the apploader folder to launch the install. You are in that folder anyway to remove the vendor.xml file.

07-19-09 10:46 PM
    downloading now
    07-20-09 05:51 AM
    After a few days....don't know why....no luck downloading the file
    Disconnected all the time and restarting the download from the beginning
    Anyone has mirror link, preferable resumeable
    07-20-09 11:49 AM
    I, Along with other Verizon users will tell you this is a bad OS to load onto your Curve. Others will swear up and down that there is nothing wrong with using this OS on the Verizon network. You decide.

I would recommend Sprint's 4.5.0.131 OS over this and the .138 OS builds.

How do I get to the sprint 131 OS with a verizon phone?
    07-20-09 01:47 PM
    ok im having a problem trying to upgrade. i have .131 and trying to upgrade to the .160 but its not letting me. every time i try it keeps telling that there is no update to install. i looked at the tutorials and all and im still confused. help please!!
    I had the same problem but I got it to work.

First download the .160 OS.
    Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove any existing Blackberry OS's installed on your computer (this won't remove the OS on your blackberry so don't worry)
    Install .160 OS software you downloaded on your computer by doubleclicking the file and following the prompts to install.
    Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml
    run loader.exe

The problem seems to be either 1) you deleted the xml file but after you reinstalled the OS on your computer, the vendor xml is recreated. or 2) you have two versions of the blackberry OS installed under add/remove programs.

Hope this helps!
    07-20-09 01:48 PM
    How do I get to the sprint 131 OS with a verizon phone?
    Download the Sprint OS here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    07-20-09 02:05 PM
    If I go home and upgrade from .77 on my verizon phone to .131 (from the sprint network), will my phone explode?

Will it fix the captcha issues?
    07-20-09 02:05 PM
    Thanks XL! I have never used the desktop manager either, which one is the best to download (assuming I need to download that from the same place?)
    07-20-09 02:06 PM
    Thanks XL! I have never used the desktop manager either, which one is the best to download (assuming I need to download that from the same place?)
    I recommend version 4.6 without Media Manager.
    07-20-09 02:32 PM
991 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD