Yeah, you're going to have to go with .138 for the 8330m or the hybrid that I posted a link for above your original post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll go download it and give it a shot. Thanks again!
    06-19-09 06:40 PM
    Hopefully I don�t overwhelm everyone with my stupid questions, but I need some help.

I haven�t upgraded my OS since I got my phone, it�s v4.3.0.127, Curve 8330. Are there a lot of advantages to upgrading to the latest OS?

Also, will this only work for Multilanguage? I�m pretty sure mine isn�t multi, but not certain.
    06-19-09 08:30 PM
    Peeps, if you are with Verizon, you would be better off staying away from this OS.

The 4.5 OS has a better browser, better memory management, HTML mail support, and a video camera.

06-19-09 08:48 PM
    Alright, thanks for the tip. This one doesn't work well for verizon?

If I go to blackberry.com it says I can connect and upgrade to 4.5, is that the same os as mentioned in this thread or will that one be ok to try out?
    06-19-09 09:01 PM
    No, this one doesn't work well with Verizon.

You can do the web based upgrade and it will give you 4.5.0.77.

06-19-09 09:52 PM

Oh wow, I'm glad I found this out now, before I started the upgrade process.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    06-20-09 10:32 AM
    Thanks for the warning.

06-20-09 06:19 PM

What kind of problems did you experience on your phone?
    06-20-09 07:17 PM
    What kind of problems did you experience on your phone?
    I'm not the one you directed the question to, but here goes:

Chirp/squeal sound while in a call. RF signal wandering around from 1XEV, 1X, 1xev, 1x. Profiles crashes, where you lose your preset profiles settings.
    06-20-09 07:31 PM
    Ok, I know how to wipe, reload, and all that. I did it with this OS and it says that my device has 4.5.0.77? WTH?
    06-20-09 07:33 PM
    Ok, I know how to wipe, reload, and all that. I did it with this OS and it says that my device has 4.5.0.77? WTH?
    When you downloaded this OS, did you install it to your PC? Check in your C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared file. Are there two OS folders, one for .77 and one for .160? If so, you need to use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs to remove the .77 OS from your PC.
    06-20-09 07:43 PM
    When you downloaded this OS, did you install it to your PC? Check in your C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared file. Are there two OS folders, one for .77 and one for .160? If so, you need to use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs to remove the .77 OS from your PC.
    Nope, just the 160 folder. I already deleted the vendor.xml, tried to repair the install. Downloaded it again, even did the megaupload links. Trying again right now.

Ok, now it worked. How weird is that? I know I didn't have ANY other OSes installed on the computer because I did a fresh install of DM AND the OS. Hmm...
    Last edited by Grafixx01; 06-20-09 at 08:32 PM.
    06-20-09 08:02 PM
    I can't open up apploader. Not sure what I might be doing wrong.
    06-20-09 08:56 PM
    There is no vendor.xml file in my apploader
    06-20-09 09:02 PM
    I have Alltel and I still cannot get it to update, wtf is wrong.
    06-20-09 09:04 PM
    I have Alltel and I still cannot get it to update, wtf is wrong.

If you are running Desktop Manager (DM) v4.7 then you'll need to disable your internet connection before starting DM because it auto-connects to the internet and searches for the latest carrier specific OS for your device.

Or you can navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader.

There is no vendor.xml file in my apploader

The vendor.xml file is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. If its not there then you didn't install the OS on your PC.

06-20-09 09:34 PM
    If you are running Desktop Manager (DM) v4.7 then you'll need to disable your internet connection before starting DM because it auto-connects to the internet and searches for the latest carrier specific OS for your device.

Or you can navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader.

The vendor.xml file is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. If its not there then you didn't install the OS on your PC.

yeah, but where can I get the file to load it on there
    06-20-09 09:56 PM
    yeah, but where can I get the file to load it on there
    There is a link in the first post of this thread to the download.
    06-20-09 09:59 PM
    There is a link in the first post of this thread to the download.
    thats for Telus, I have Alltel
    06-20-09 10:01 PM
    thats for Telus, I have Alltel
    You can load the Telus OS, or any other for your device model, if you remove the vendor.xml file from the Apploader folder before loading the OS to your device.
    06-20-09 10:03 PM
    You can load the Telus OS, or any other for your device model, if you remove the vendor.xml file from the Apploader folder before loading the OS to your device.
    but will it look like a Telus device, meaning wallpaper and stuff, or will that remain Alltel
    06-20-09 10:04 PM
    but will it look like a Telus device, meaning wallpaper and stuff, or will that remain Alltel

Everything unique to Alltel will still be on your BB and you won't gain anything unique to Telus.
    06-20-09 10:12 PM
    Oh, do you recommend doing this or waiting until Alltel releases it

06-20-09 11:35 PM
    Worked beautifully! I was having issues with syncing to Outlook, once I ran the update it ran no problem..
    06-21-09 12:15 AM
    Ok, I put it on here

What exactly is differernt about it? Compared to .138

06-21-09 01:23 AM
991 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD