So I was not supposed to install .160 on her phone? Where would I find the most recent or best OS for it? With PPC's there are custom ROM's which blow the official ROM's out of the water. Also I can use a Telus or Verizon radio on my Sprint PPC. I didnt know BB's are such a different animal.

Edit: she just dialed #228 and it said your feature update could not be completed.
    Last edited by Curb71; 06-12-09 at 08:14 PM.
    06-12-09 08:11 PM
    It's perfectly ok to use this OS on her phone, as long as you deleted the vendor.xml file before loading it to her BB.
    06-12-09 08:14 PM
    It's perfectly ok to use this OS on her phone, as long as you deleted the vendor.xml file before loading it to her BB.
    I did do that. Everything went fine but It wont update the PRL
    06-12-09 08:20 PM
    Do you get a message that the programming couldn't be completed, and to call CS?

If yes, then just try again later. Happened to me all night once, then went through the next day.
    06-12-09 08:21 PM
    Do you get a message that the programming couldn't be completed, and to call CS?

If yes, then just try again later. Happened to me all night once, then went through the next day.
    thanks so much for the fast replies! Ill try it again later. so far everything else seems to be working great!
    06-12-09 08:30 PM
    ok yea totally didnt give me an option to upgrade to 4.5.160 it jus tells me everything thats already installed on my phone
    06-12-09 10:23 PM
    What can I do if I want to reinstall ?
    06-13-09 01:41 AM
    ok yea totally didnt give me an option to upgrade to 4.5.160 it jus tells me everything thats already installed on my phone
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    06-13-09 01:49 AM
    What can I do if I want to reinstall ?
    Are you asking if you can reinstall after you've already installed .160?
    06-13-09 01:50 AM
    everythign went really smooth, now i just have to find a way to add my esn to the metropcs inventory, PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME. thanks
    06-13-09 02:53 AM
    I got rid of the .160 because of intermittent clicking noise during calls. It never happened before installing and hasn't happened since uninstalling. My two cents.
    06-13-09 11:05 AM
    everythign went really smooth, now i just have to find a way to add my esn to the metropcs inventory, PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME. thanks
    have you tried calling them? If the first person says no call back and make sure your polite and calm and see if someone else can help. Dont mention that you have called already. Worth a try.
    06-13-09 12:35 PM
    are you using the DM? Did you disconnect your computer from the internet?
    06-13-09 12:36 PM
    I got rid of the .160 because of intermittent clicking noise during calls. It never happened before installing and hasn't happened since uninstalling. My two cents.
    I know. It's F'ign horrible and it's so annoying. I'm going to uninstall now and go back to .77. I should have never upgraded .
    06-13-09 10:56 PM
    I installed 4.5.0.160 yesterday on my Verizon 8330. Some things are much improved over v77 - ePocrates now runs much more smoothly. However, overall the machine seems slower. Also, my e-mails and upcoming agenda items do not appear on my today theme screen. Also, some web pages show up blank. I seem to have only Internet Browser and not Blackberry browser. Any ideas? Thanks
    06-14-09 06:29 AM
    I installed 4.5.0.160 yesterday on my Verizon 8330. Some things are much improved over v77 - ePocrates now runs much more smoothly. However, overall the machine seems slower. Also, my e-mails and upcoming agenda items do not appear on my today theme screen. Also, some web pages show up blank. I seem to have only Internet Browser and not Blackberry browser. Any ideas? Thanks
    what makes you think you have internet browser and not blackberry browser? i'm confused as to what would make you think this ? when i click on browser on mine, it says internet browser up top, but thats the regular BB browser...thats the default. i think you might not have noticed that it says internet browser before. explain a litle more on that and we'd be glad to help
    06-14-09 02:07 PM
    okay i've updated before with success, but this one is giving me many issues...i deleted the vendor.xml file, double clicked on the apploader. it seemed like it updated, but when i go to about on my bb, it says its still running .124 software...

i also tried to upgrade thru the dm (version 4.6) but it doesnt pick up the new version. I have tried 4.5 and 4.7 with no luck also.

Any thoughts?
    06-14-09 04:14 PM
    okay i've updated before with success, but this one is giving me many issues...i deleted the vendor.xml file, double clicked on the apploader. it seemed like it updated, but when i go to about on my bb, it says its still running .124 software...

i also tried to upgrade thru the dm (version 4.6) but it doesnt pick up the new version. I have tried 4.5 and 4.7 with no luck also.

Any thoughts?
    Try wiping with JL Cmder then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    06-14-09 05:26 PM

Any thoughts?
    This version may be only for the 8330.
    06-14-09 05:46 PM
    This version may be only for the 8330.
    Good eye

I didn't catch that.
    06-14-09 05:51 PM
    what makes you think you have internet browser and not blackberry browser? i'm confused as to what would make you think this ? when i click on browser on mine, it says internet browser up top, but thats the regular BB browser...thats the default. i think you might not have noticed that it says internet browser before. explain a litle more on that and we'd be glad to help
    Actually, I think the problem went away when I changed the emulation to "Blackberry."

However, the phone started making awful noises during calls: short bursts of squealing that were very annoying. So, I went back to v77. Noise is gone.

Is there a way to avoid that noise? Is there another OS besides v160 for the 8330?

Many thanks....
    06-14-09 05:52 PM
    I successfully installed the v4.5.0.160 software on my 8330.
    I used VISTA X64 bit edition. Followed the instruction in the post. the process took about an hour to install. Runs great.
    06-14-09 08:57 PM
    Actually, I think the problem went away when I changed the emulation to "Blackberry."

However, the phone started making awful noises during calls: short bursts of squealing that were very annoying. So, I went back to v77. Noise is gone.

Is there a way to avoid that noise? Is there another OS besides v160 for the 8330?

Many thanks....
    This hybrid OS will give you the radio from the .131 OS and all the other files will be .160 to get rid of the chirp/squeal during calls.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/

This hybrid also has the chirp/squeal problem fixed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...d-beta-245836/
    06-14-09 09:28 PM
    Anybody else having problems installing this update on a verizon phone using DM? No matter which DM version I use it keeps saying that I'm running the most current version. I'm currently running 4.0.5.138 and have tried using DM 4.2, 4.5, and 4.7, and I deleted the vendor.xml file every time, also got the file from all available download sites. This is the first time I've ever had an OS upgrade problem, and I'm confuzzled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 10:23 AM
    Anybody else having problems installing this update on a verizon phone using DM? No matter which DM version I use it keeps saying that I'm running the most current version. I'm currently running 4.0.5.138 and have tried using DM 4.2, 4.5, and 4.7, and I deleted the vendor.xml file every time, also got the file from all available download sites. This is the first time I've ever had an OS upgrade problem, and I'm confuzzled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Have you tried running just the app loader?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader.
    06-15-09 10:43 AM
991 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD