Well we were finally able to update the OS. Now all we have to do is to make sure that we dont have any problems. If there is I will post the pro and cons so that everyone else can do so.
    That's great, but you should post it in the thread for the 8330m to avoid confusion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 12:55 AM
    hey everyone im on Sprint and currently running sprint latest 4.5.0.131 , anyone here can confirm it works fine with Sprint ?

thanks
    06-02-09 01:58 AM
    Yes, as long as you remove the vendor.xml file prior to loading, it will work fine.

06-02-09 02:02 AM
    Yes, as long as you remove the vendor.xml file prior to loading, it will work fine.

Thanks will do it now
    06-02-09 02:10 AM
    Well add me to the list of Verizon users with the squelch. I'm so frustrated. This is the best running OS I've had thus far...snappier, more responsive, memory is good...and the RF does indeed seem improved over .138. Why is it with each new OS there seems to be a new problem introduced???? It's beyond frustrating.

I'm off to read about the hybrid OS...but because of all the positives of this as is, I may just deal with the squelch. I'm not a heavy phone user so I might be able to just deal until another OS is released that will (hopefully) fix it without breaking something else. But I'm definitely irritated that I'm having to deal with it at all.
    06-02-09 07:07 AM
    Going back to .138. Two many phone calls and squealing in my ear... Other side can not hear it.... But it's annoying.... Not sure on cause. But .138 did not have it...
    06-02-09 07:33 AM
    Starting the upgrade will post back.
    06-02-09 07:49 AM
    Learn how to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device. Click Here

From the main menu, select Options, then select Status.

* ESN devices - On the Status screen you will see ESN on the display
    * MEID devices � On the Status screen you will see MEID on the display.

NOTE � You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.
    06-02-09 08:22 AM
    Correct, this is not the 8330m OS.

That OS is a sticky at the top of the Curve Section.
    06-02-09 08:23 AM
    Maybe it's just me but I seem to get a lot of RF signal bounce from 1XEV to 1X and back......really annoying. Up to 3-5 times per hour sometimes........
    06-02-09 08:46 AM
    Ya the radio file is defiantly different. Have you done *22899 ?
    06-02-09 08:49 AM
    Ya the radio file is defiantly different. Have you done *22899 ?
    Have not.....what does that do vs. *228, 2?
    06-02-09 08:57 AM
    same thing just quicker... Try doing the update and see if it helps.
    06-02-09 09:00 AM
    Is anyone having issues with internet connectivity after updating? I've noticed the browser is spotty. As well as other apps that connect (messenger, FB, app world), but opera mini runs like a champ. Somewhat baffled by this.

Thanks!

06-02-09 10:42 AM
    So far so good. Benn going strong at work for over 3 hours with no squealing in my ear nor profile issues. Will check back when I have more time. Did notice the snappiness though. Might be the memory bump but it feels a bit more stable. We shall see...
    06-02-09 10:43 AM
    had this since it was posted only problem i had was the profile thing and several tries to get it to download, hmmmm !
    06-02-09 11:01 AM
    Learn how to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device. Click Here

From the main menu, select Options, then select Status.

* ESN devices - On the Status screen you will see ESN on the display
    * MEID devices � On the Status screen you will see MEID on the display.

NOTE � You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.
    I've noticed that there has been a lot of conversation about "m vs. e"...what does it mean, etc. All I can give here is my experience.

I saw earlier where someone said the "m" is MEID. (Don't know how to quote more than one post). I have MEID, but is not 8330m. Only 8330. Just to clear that up. Also, when I updated to .138 (went back because of BBM issues), I swear I remember using the one that didn't say MEID, cause honestly I thought I had ESN (before I checked). And I had no issues. I tried to dig through my files, etc to confirm, but unfortunately have erased all that stuff when I downgraded.

I will admit there is a chance I just missed it, but I'm pretty sure. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    06-02-09 11:20 AM
    I've noticed that there has been a lot of conversation about "m vs. e"...what does it mean, etc. All I can give here is my experience.

I saw earlier where someone said the "m" is MEID. (Don't know how to quote more than one post). I have MEID, but is not 8330m. Only 8330. Just to clear that up. Also, when I updated to .138 (went back because of BBM issues), I swear I remember using the one that didn't say MEID, cause honestly I thought I had ESN (before I checked). And I had no issues. I tried to dig through my files, etc to confirm, but unfortunately have erased all that stuff when I downgraded.

I will admit there is a chance I just missed it, but I'm pretty sure. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    My wife has MEID but no m as well. I have her on the same OS as mine with an ESN. I asked the same thing during the .138 era and got no answer. I do know it works though!
    06-02-09 11:53 AM
    Going back to .138. Two many phone calls and squealing in my ear... Other side can not hear it.... But it's annoying.... Not sure on cause. But .138 did not have it...
    Seems like the only users having the squeal/chirping problem are Verizon people.
    06-02-09 12:02 PM
    Seems like the only users having the squeal/chirping problem are Verizon people.
    I have not experienced it yet. (knocking on wood) I have been using it since Thursday mid-day.
    06-02-09 12:04 PM
    Xliderider, is it worth upgrading from .131? I'm not experiencing any og the speaker blast problems, but if this OS is faster and more memory, then why not?

I'm on the Telus network, is this upgrade more advantageous to me than others? What are the issues with this OS and what are the differences from .131?

Are there any Telus users that have upgraded to this OS and do not experience problems out there?

06-02-09 12:14 PM
    it wont let me install.. i keep getting a fatal error message.

i have deleted vendor.xml, disconnected from internet, tried using DM and loader.exe all with no luck

i have installed alot of previous updates with no problems.

somebody please help!!!!
    06-02-09 12:59 PM
    I was skeptical to upgrade to .160 from .131 after hearing mostly verizon people complain of the chirp/squeal. But I did it anyway cause Im a sucker for grief, but.....

No grief..yet.

up and running for four hours now.

- took 20 mins to install.
    - much much faster than before, almost ridiculous how fast.
    - it chirped on my first call which was actually to *228 to update prl. since then, ive talked for five or six minutes on several calls and havent had the chrip at all.
    - No increase in memory for me..but that's ok. The .131 update gave me about 10 meg increase from .77..so all is good.
    - took someones advice and took out 4gig card and then formated it and replaced it after update and dragged my pics etc back to it that i just copied to my computer. Vids on card are like lightening.
    - resent service books just to have a clean book entry for all my emails.

Sms works fine.
    mms works fine.
    email works fine.
    IXEV most times...spotty, but always was...im not in a good area during the day....but most of the time its up.

I'm actually liking this update quite a bit.

No new features that i can tell, but i like how fast it is, and no more delay on call answering like I had with .131.

I guess each phone is someone of an individual like a car.
    06-02-09 01:12 PM
    Xliderider, is it worth upgrading from .131? I'm not experiencing any og the speaker blast problems, but if this OS is faster and more memory, then why not?

I'm on the Telus network, is this upgrade more advantageous to me than others? What are the issues with this OS and what are the differences from .131?

Are there any Telus users that have upgraded to this OS and do not experience problems out there?

I am also with Telus. The only problems I had were that it messed up some of my ringtones in profiles.

It also erased everything off my media card, but that happens sometimes. If I had taken the card out, or done a back-up first, it would be an easy fix.

From .131 to .138 to .160, small differences (except no call timer in in .138). I just do them for fun really. And to see an increase in my file free memory, just because. Everything after .77 has been good in my case.
    06-02-09 01:22 PM
    it wont let me install.. i keep getting a fatal error message.

i have deleted vendor.xml, disconnected from internet, tried using DM and loader.exe all with no luck

i have installed alot of previous updates with no problems.

somebody please help!!!!
    What does the fatal error say exactly?

You might need to wipe your BB with JL Commander now to start clean.

06-02-09 01:26 PM
991 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD