Superduty... If you are using DM 4.7, you have to disconnect from the internet before you open DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 07:17 PM
    Well, I didnt know if he could use DM 4.7 with the curve. I though that he had to use DM 4.5 to match the OS. Please explain more. Need all the info and tips that I can get!!
    06-01-09 07:50 PM
    DM 4.5 is fine. Did you install the OS to the C after downloading it? If you did, then DM should detect the upgrade with no problem.

06-01-09 07:58 PM
    Well the DM will not detect the new operating system. I am totally lost.
    06-01-09 08:06 PM
    When the BB is plugged in to the PC and DM is opened, does DM display the PIN#?

06-01-09 08:10 PM
    Upgrade went smooth for me. Took about 45 mins. From start to finish.

Steps I took, will hopefully help some others out.

Sync'd with outlook.

Did a backup using DM4.7

Copied everything from media card to PC. (Didn't want to risk loosing info. On card.)

Disconnect curve from PC

Exit from DM

Uninstalled 4.5 from PC using add/remove programs from control panel.

Downloaded update from BB to desktop.

Disabled nic card. (No internet/network connectivity)

Disabled screen saver & anti-virus

Ran install from downloaded file.

Deleted vendor file.

Ran loader.exe to begin upgrade.

Went out and had a smoke (thinking of what steps to take if I brick the curve)

Update finished and curve was alive.

Turned curve off and pulled battery for 1 min., then replaced battery and turned curve back on.

Calender was empty, but re-syncd and was fine.

Ringtones for friends had to be redone.

Did the *228 opt 2 update

Been running for about six hours now and everything is good. No backlight lag, no noises on calls, media card files intact. Got some more memory. BBMaps working fine on altell.

Life is good! Thanx CB!
    06-01-09 08:15 PM

Yes in the lower left corner
    06-01-09 08:16 PM
    I am in the need of some help. I am trying to help out a friend change his OS on his 8330 Curve from SPRINT. There are are a couple of OS updates floating out there. We have downloaded all the update and installed on the PC and still have no luck installing the update. After we run the loader, we get the message that there is no action or update needed. I am totally lost. I have changed OS on my STORM several times and have used hybrids. I truly need some help on this. I have tried to force the OS update as I have read in some threads and still get nothing. Can someone with a lot of experience help us out and school me?
    I am having the same problem using Sprint. Hrm
    06-01-09 08:31 PM

SuperDuty, and EmergenC911, can you answer this question?
    06-01-09 08:39 PM
    I downloaded it and tried to install it on my 8330, and it said no action necessary. Any ideas?
    06-01-09 10:23 PM
    hmmmm.... not to happy with the release, call forwarding options are GONE!!!
    06-01-09 10:37 PM
    I don't necessarily post much, cause I won't post unless I have something truly helpful to add. But I do spend a lot of time reading...
    ...LazyStarGazer, xliderider, BNG, yester18...thanks for the time you guys put in and the help...

...ya'll are much more patient than me.

Uncalled for....my apologies...
    Thanks newlife. xliderider and blackngray are doing all the heavy lifting though. I was more of a courier lol.
    06-01-09 10:40 PM
    I downloaded it and tried to install it on my 8330, and it said no action necessary. Any ideas?
    If you are running Desktop Manager (DM) v4.7 then you'll need to disable your internet connection before starting DM because it auto-connects to the internet and searches for the latest carrier specific OS for your device.

Or you can navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader.

06-01-09 10:45 PM
    I don't necessarily post much, cause I won't post unless I have something truly helpful to add. But I do spend a lot of time reading...
    ...LazyStarGazer, xliderider, BNG, yester18...thanks for the time you guys put in and the help...

...ya'll are much more patient than me.

Uncalled for....my apologies...
    You're quite welcome my friend

06-01-09 10:55 PM
    SuperDuty, and EmergenC911, can you answer this question?
    That's actually kind of a tricky question.

Typically DM will display the PIN in the lower left corner when the BB is connected.

Now if you have your BB connected to DM (PIN displayed) and you run JL Cmder and wipe then the PIN disappears but when you run the App Loader in DM a window will open with your PIN displayed for you to select and proceed with loading process.

So initially your PIN should be displayed in DM in order to perform any actions on your BB using DM. If it's not showing then you're not connected.

06-01-09 11:09 PM
    Well sounds like everyone with the SPRINT 8330 Curve is screwed when it comes to the OS UPDATE. Well I know that there is or has to be someone that is super super smart and knows how to fix this issue. Is there a way to force the OS update? So has crackman figured it out or has some software? Come on!!!!!
    06-01-09 11:37 PM
    SD04, are you sure your friend has an 8330? Could it be a 8330m? If it is an 8330m, this update will not install no matter how many times you try.

06-01-09 11:41 PM
    Well he just told me that he has a 8330M. So I guess I should ask, is there an update for the 8330m out there or a hybrib? We are ready to update now!!!!
    06-01-09 11:46 PM
    This the latest 8330m OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...evices-185702/

06-02-09 12:00 AM
    Thanks, Well will give it a try. Do you know if anyone has developed a hybrid?
    06-02-09 12:05 AM
    Thanks, Well will give it a try. Do you know if anyone has developed a hybrid?
    No, I don't. Sorry.

06-02-09 12:08 AM
    Well, installed on my Berry and all my BB ringtones are now gone. Additionally it wiped out a BUNCH of my 3rd party apps. Viigo, Ubertwitter, Twitterberry, that Battleship game, Google, Opera, Facebook, AOL IM, all gone! The worst ones are Facebook and AOL IM because now I hafta link all those names again, and all my friends will have to get that stupid phone number request when I link them in Facebook. There's got to be an easier way! Grrrr
    06-02-09 12:10 AM
    Well, installed on my Berry and all my BB ringtones are now gone. Additionally it wiped out a BUNCH of my 3rd party apps. Viigo, Ubertwitter, Twitterberry, that Battleship game, Google, Opera, Facebook, AOL IM, all gone! The worst ones are Facebook and AOL IM because now I hafta link all those names again, and all my friends will have to get that stupid phone number request when I link them in Facebook. There's got to be an easier way! Grrrr
    Did you do a backup before? If so, then you can get everything back on your phone by restoring the backup.
    06-02-09 12:28 AM
    Shady, you can also try looking for the loader backup file that was created during the upgrade process. Search your PC files for *.ipd including hidden files.

It will look something like loaderbackup(date).ipd

If you find it us it like you would any backup file to restore your BB.

06-02-09 12:35 AM
    Well we were finally able to update the OS. Now all we have to do is to make sure that we dont have any problems. If there is I will post the pro and cons so that everyone else can do so.
    06-02-09 12:53 AM
991 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD