installed fine for me, and it does seem faster, also my apps are all working good too. I just used OM and it seems faster and works good.
    Thanks crackBBuddies
    that almost sounds like a stutter
    05-29-09 11:01 PM
    i know this has been discussed but i'm still confused. I have MEID numbers in my status page, but i'm reading that if you have MEID numbers then your about page should say 8330m, well my about page says 8330, but my status page only has MEID numbers and not ESN, so does that mean i can't use this OS since i have MEID numbers ?
    05-29-09 11:02 PM
    Joe, apparently you can try to load this OS. If it is truly incompatible, then the OS won't load.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 11:04 PM
    I am getting the same issue as a couple of other users. deleted vendor.xml, ran loader.exe and no OS shows to be updated. Tried with DM .7 and .6. Tried update using Windows 7 OS. Did battery pull...30 secs...current about screen shows ver 4.5.0.131 (Platform 3.4.0.25). tried with wireless not connected....infact tried after battery pull when no service provisioned.
    First attempt using the mega upload version second attempt using BB.com version
    I had the same issue. I had not deleted the previous version (.138) from the PC. For what ever reason, the upgrade file won't replace the older version. I just deleted the entire RIM file and then installed the upgrade. Deleted the vendor file, clicked the loader and the upgrade went fine.
    05-29-09 11:33 PM
    The backlight delay persists for me. Folder navigation MIGHT be faster drilling down, but still slow going back up. When I was on .131 and I was using my bluetooth headset I had a couple problems where the phone simply stopped responding. Pushing any button did nothing. This persisted for well over 1 minute in duration, then finally the screen came back. One time, I was able to scroll around, use the menu button etc, but clicking the trackball did nothing. I had to put it in standby, then bring it back out before the trackball click was recognized. This was directly after it 'stalled' on me so I was weary about putting in standby in the first place.

Anyway, I am on .160 and so far, its just about the same as .131 Oh well.
    05-29-09 11:46 PM
    Major problem for me with this upgrade. Whether on speakerphone or handset mode, every 30-45 seconds there is a quick, LOUD, high pitch noise that strikes the phone. I've done battery pulls and so on...no luck. This is something that I definitely cannot tolerate. I strongly recommend to not use this update, as it will disrupt all your calls.
    Thanks for the info. I was just about to do a wipe and install the update. After hearing about the high pitch noise, I think I will hold off for now and stay with .131
    05-30-09 03:45 AM
    i know this has been discussed but i'm still confused. I have MEID numbers in my status page, but i'm reading that if you have MEID numbers then your about page should say 8330m, well my about page says 8330, but my status page only has MEID numbers and not ESN, so does that mean i can't use this OS since i have MEID numbers ?
    I checked mine and have the regular 8330, and I too have the MEID numbers. This version (which I downloaded from the mirror site back in the earlier posts) was installed with no troubles on the first try and I have no troubles.

I did the above deleting the vendor file along with some other things.... I had some troubles with 'docs to go', it would double load and create a conflict which resulted in the program not working as a result of a missing file. I removed the 'docs to go .alx' and the .cod files in the java folder (was told I did not need to remove the .cod's, this in the Q&A section of Clark's instructions)
    I followed John Clark's memory saving instructions here, except for the part of how to install the os... I could not do it in DM with .138, so I did not even try with .160
    I navigated to:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double clicked on the loader file.... all went just fine and smooth. Make sure and select the box at the bottom to display 3rd party apps if you want to re load all of your added programs.

Hope this helps... btw all is working fine for me, I do have have the blue tooth to test.
    05-30-09 08:54 AM
    I need some information now...
    what is difference between the MEID and ESN?
    I was trying to do somethings with an app that required me to enter the ESN numbers and it did not work the MEID number. Is this a new hardware technology?
    Last edited by GWTony; 05-30-09 at 09:07 AM. Reason: wanted to mention I forgot what app it was asking for the ESN#
    05-30-09 09:04 AM
    I need some information now...
    what is difference between the MEID and ESN?
    Nothing essentally RIM ran out of ENS number so they started assigning MEID's.
    05-30-09 09:14 AM
    I have a problem now.... in DM if I go to 'application loader' ,wait for the list.... the Microsoft error report window pops up, and DM says it suffered a fatal error. I found this out after going in to remove a program that was not in the list within my BB apps list.

Is it possible DM ver 4.7.0.37 is not compatible with this os?

I went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and this worked fine to remove the app.
    05-30-09 09:58 AM
    To be honest you will have better luck running 4.6 DM
    05-30-09 10:28 AM
    Here's my spill:

Loaded around 7pm last night and thus far have been satisfied. I'm going to go out later this morning to an area where I was consistently experiencing RF issues with .138 and will see if those same issues exist under .160. I'll report back on that. What I have noticed however is that memory tends to be managed way better. After the reload I was at 36mb free with tons of 3rd party apps. Even after registering all of my software, playing for hours before bed, I am holding at 30mb this morning. Impressive. Also talked on a phone call for 10 minutes this morning and I haven't heard the random blast that someone mentioned earlier.
    05-30-09 11:07 AM
    For me this is the best OS to date. My device is snappier and I have more free memory than before. The bit of lag I had with .127, .131 and .138 is gone. The install went great and I've had no problems yet. I've been running .160 for about 24 hours now.

forkup
    05-30-09 12:33 PM
    Tried installing off of vista and a 2003 server (xp based) this is a brand new sprint phone...dunno what's up

05-30-09 12:56 PM
    Can someone please explain what "RF" problems are? I always see this and have no clue what it means. Thanks!!

05-30-09 12:58 PM
    Running 131 and for the most part happy with it. Can anyone tell me if 160 fixes the issue with the pop in between tracks on the music player?
    05-30-09 01:00 PM
    How do I check my memory ???
    05-30-09 01:07 PM
    Go to options then Status
    05-30-09 01:46 PM
    Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but one thing I noticed is when go to Media > Pictures and then selecting to send a picture via messenger contact from the blackberry menu, there is no lag in selecting names from the popup. That used to irritate me so much!
    05-30-09 01:51 PM
    Tried installing off of vista and a 2003 server (xp based) this is a brand new sprint phone...dunno what's up

Check your Options, About. You may have an 8330m. If you do, then this OS won't install.

05-30-09 02:31 PM
    Check your Options, About. You may have an 8330m. If you do, then this OS won't install.
    Dangit I thought I had checked that but it does show 8330m how do we unluckly souls upgrade?
    05-30-09 03:14 PM
    I have tried to install, but can't get apploader to find it after the download....It just lists all the apps that I currnetly have on my BB. It just tells me that all apps are up to date....That is after I deleted the vender.xml file and disconnecting from the internet connection.
    05-30-09 03:41 PM
    I drank the koolaid today(did the upgrade...lol) using the loader.exe, went seamless. Browser seems faster, that's all I've noticed so far. I was using .131 before and use dm 4.5.

05-30-09 03:56 PM
    I too took the koolaid plundge. Thanx for the pitcher Grandpa
    I am just waiting for it to finish. My fingers are crossed.
    05-30-09 04:22 PM
    Been running .160 for about 25 hours now. So far it seems very stable. Have not experienced any RF problems (or improvment) during that time. Still get 1x in the same places like the inside of my wifes business. Sat locks seem faster and on BBmaps. Battery usage has gone up due to my constant playing with the Curve. Backlight lag is still present with the trackball but to lesser extent. For the most part Iuse the space bar to wake the BB up so it's not a problem for me. I'll report back should any problems arise.

Forgot to add:

BlackBerry� 8330
    smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.5.0.160 (Platform 3.4.0.41)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    Last edited by wricks; 05-30-09 at 04:36 PM.
    05-30-09 04:31 PM
991 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD