so far no complaints with 160. Everything seems to be working great and a little speeder, but that could be me.
    05-29-09 05:52 PM
    Have had it on my curve for about 22 hours now....haven't noticed anything that's causing my phone to have any problems...

In fact I'm having great response with the battery...I charged it up yesterday afternoon and it's been off the charger since my update to .160 and as of this note I'm on 80%, and that's with moderate usage (text, e-mail, phone, bbm and browser) as I've stated previously I must've gotten a good "battery" cause I had about the same results when I took it out of the box...

As always...every upgrade on the curve is a gift to me...something that actually works as it should...trust me, some of these issues pale in comparison to what I was used to with the storm...
    05-29-09 05:53 PM
    I think I'm going back to .77.

I've got backlight lag, answer call delay, and RF issues.
    I'll give I some time and see if any issues develop. For now I'll just play and see what I can find.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:55 PM
    Any idea if Sprint will roll out this update any time soon? IS it safe to use a Tellus software on a Sprint phone?
    05-29-09 06:11 PM
    Any idea if Sprint will roll out this update any time soon? IS it safe to use a Tellus software on a Sprint phone?
    make sure you delete the vendor xml file from the apploader and you shouldnt have any problems, ive done it more than once and never had any issue
    05-29-09 06:13 PM
    Yes, it is perfectly ok to use this OS on your Sprint BB. Just follow the directions in the first post, and delete the vendor.xml file before loading.
    05-29-09 06:13 PM
    Do you get frequent hourglass icon? Or just freezing, lag?

Sometimes the memory card can get corrupted, especially during an OS upgrade. This can cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Take the memory card out, see if it makes a difference. If it does, transfer your content off the card, reformat it in your BB, then transfer everything back.
    it's just laggy overall, no hourglass. just tried this to no avail...if it doesnt fix itself tonight i'm goin back to .138 tomorrow
    05-29-09 06:53 PM
    Yes, it is perfectly ok to use this OS on your Sprint BB. Just follow the directions in the first post, and delete the vendor.xml file before loading.
    I'm on a mac
    05-29-09 07:12 PM
    I'm on a mac
    Then I feel sorry for you... can you borrow some time on a friend or relative's PC?
    05-29-09 07:19 PM
    Go to Options/Status and if you have MEID numbers then this OS will not load on your BB.

I checked my BB and have the regular 8330, however when I do the above I have those MEID numbers. So does that mean I should not load this? .138 loaded for me. I was going to try this tonight.

Also is there any advantage to doing this one from .77? are there more apps and or options that I would normally not have?
    05-29-09 07:59 PM
    Loaded .160 today and had no problems. I'm with alltel and the gps is working now. I had .138 before. BB seems quicker.

05-29-09 08:03 PM
    Installed today, only have had one problem.

While talking on the phone, every minute or 2, I hear this weird chirp noise in the earpiece. The other party doesnt hear anything.

Its a pretty funky noise, almost sounds like radio interference of some kind.

Anyone else experience this?
    05-29-09 08:05 PM
    Installing now and will report back once I've run it for a few hours.
    05-29-09 08:06 PM
    I checked my BB and have the regular 8330, however when I do the above I have those MEID numbers. So does that mean I should not load this? .138 loaded for me. I was going to try this tonight.

Also is there any advantage to doing this one from .77? are there more apps and or options that I would normally not have?
    So far, for me, .160 is less problematic than .138.

No, you will not gain anything over .77 as far as features or potential apps goes.
    05-29-09 08:13 PM
    I upgraded from 131. This does seem to be a little quicker. Not seeing the hourglass as often it seems. I had the rf issue with 131. Signal would drop out after hanging up from a call. That has seemed to diminish.

Another issue I had with 131 before was when I was on the phone for a extended period of time emails would no longer come thru after hanging up sometimes. Emails would show up 2 or 3 hours later unless I rebooted. This build has not done that yet.
    05-29-09 08:14 PM
    I have those same email troubles....

What about the MEID numbers thing? I have those and seen in another post this would be a problem. Is that true?
    05-29-09 08:19 PM
    had it since 2 am last night (or this am) only problem i found was that the phone wouldnt ring, hence i missed some calls but did a battery pull and it fixed>weird! and also i was able to use my gps it never would locate me even when set off the 911 only option1
    Last edited by gypsy76; 05-29-09 at 08:39 PM.
    05-29-09 08:36 PM
    so far so good.
    i had problems with .138 so went back to .131
    went back to .138 because i felt like having something new

anyways...so far its like normal. havent noticed anything too different.
    only thing i have noticed is that i get a sms. i check it, reply, and led still flashes red but randomly changes later. nothing too annoying but still.
    05-29-09 08:48 PM
    I noticed that too.

The light still flashing.

05-29-09 08:58 PM
    So I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a problem like this...

I finally upgraded to the 4.5 OS a couple of weeks ago. Took me forever, because I'm on a Mac 100% of the time and so I asked my boyfriend to do the update for me since he's so PC and BB friendly (it's basically what he does for a living).

Anyway he backed everything up, and started the update and towards the end of it there was a 'fatal error' message. We checked out the phone afterword and on the surface, things seemed to be working ok. All my contacts and pictures, emails and texts were all there. As the day went on I noticed some app icons were missing. I went into my options to look at the applications menu and the list was empty. My camera takes pictures but no longer saves them, I cannot record voice notes etc. The only apps that appear on the list are the ones I've re-downloaded (such as facebook and pandora).

Anyway, we both assume this is due to the fatal error. My question is, did anyone else experience this or something like it? And did re-installing the OS take care of the problem?
    05-29-09 10:27 PM
    Bittersweet, yes, sounds like you need to reinstall the OS.
    05-29-09 10:33 PM
    I am getting the same issue as a couple of other users. deleted vendor.xml, ran loader.exe and no OS shows to be updated. Tried with DM .7 and .6. Tried update using Windows 7 OS. Did battery pull...30 secs...current about screen shows ver 4.5.0.131 (Platform 3.4.0.25). tried with wireless not connected....infact tried after battery pull when no service provisioned.
    First attempt using the mega upload version second attempt using BB.com version
    Last edited by jay9055; 05-29-09 at 10:37 PM. Reason: additional info
    05-29-09 10:35 PM
    Most have stated that this OS is faster. I also noticed some reported noise in the ear piece. Wonder if it's worth it to upgrade from .131 ot this version. How much faster is it?

Major problem for me with this upgrade. Whether on speakerphone or handset mode, every 30-45 seconds there is a quick, LOUD, high pitch noise that strikes the phone. I've done battery pulls and so on...no luck. This is something that I definitely cannot tolerate. I strongly recommend to not use this update, as it will disrupt all your calls.
    05-29-09 10:36 PM
    I am getting the same issue as a couple of other users. deleted vendor.xml, ran loader.exe and no OS shows to be updated. Tried with DM .7 and .6. Tried update using Windows 7 OS. Did battery pull...30 secs...current about screen shows ver 4.5.0.131 (Platform 3.4.0.25). tried with wireless not connected....infact tried after battery pull when no service provisioned.
    First attempt using the mega upload version second attempt using BB.com version
    Do you have any other PCs running XP or Vista? I'm not sure about using Win 7, used to be a no go.
    05-29-09 10:38 PM
    Bittersweet, yes, sounds like you need to reinstall the OS.
    Thanks! I figured as much. I just don't want to screw the phone up any further. It's still functional to a good extent. But the things it's not allowing me to do are frustrating at times. I'll give it a go this weekend.
    05-29-09 10:49 PM
991 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD