Wow, I left my bb on when the battery was full after I updated the version last night. When I woke up this morning, I saw the black screen, like the power is off and I plugged to recharge the battery, I saw the battery and bolt icon on the screen, I left it charged for a few minutes to see if it worked, it works now. I'm asking why did the battery shrink so fast to die? I know that I closed the applications before I went to bed. I bought a new battery like last November, that's weird right after I updated the 161. I wouldn't bother updating till it is offically released by carriers. Or did I do something wrong?
    This happened to me last night also. Updated to 161 and then when I woke up the battery was at 0%. It also froze on me today. I added Berry-a-code also last night and just removed it so hopefully that was the issue.

J
    07-16-09 05:22 PM
    This happened to me last night also. Updated to 161 and then when I woke up the battery was at 0%. It also froze on me today. I added Berry-a-code also last night and just removed it so hopefully that was the issue.

J
    Wow, I left my bb on when the battery was full after I updated the version last night. When I woke up this morning, I saw the black screen, like the power is off and I plugged to recharge the battery, I saw the battery and bolt icon on the screen, I left it charged for a few minutes to see if it worked, it works now. I'm asking why did the battery shrink so fast to die? I know that I closed the applications before I went to bed. I bought a new battery like last November, that's weird right after I updated the 161. I wouldn't bother updating till it is offically released by carriers. Or did I do something wrong?
    Happened to me again but this time I was 100% charged...just turned off completely. I checked to make sure "auto off" was disabled and I also unscheduled the Quickpull I had every morning. We'll see if this continues...
    J
    07-17-09 06:52 PM
    Happened to me again but this time I was 100% charged...just turned off completely. I checked to make sure "auto off" was disabled and I also unscheduled the Quickpull I had every morning. We'll see if this continues...
    J
    This happens often with this os. I would not recommend this upgrade to anybody, I have to pull the battery almost everyday because my phone just goes to a black screen.
    07-19-09 08:06 AM
    These upgrades are intended for people that follow the upgrade procedure in the order in which it is written. If you can't follow directions, your upgrade will probably be unsuccessful.

As one poster stated the battery drain issue is probably due to wifi use. My BB has always had a major battery drain on wifi since it was new with the original OS 4.2. If you are going to use wifi prepare to charge the phone more often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 02:45 PM
    Great OS been using for a few weeks now and NO issues...
    08-13-09 08:03 AM
    I noticed that the OS doesn't slow down when memory gets low since I upgraded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:04 PM
    Yay my first upgrade just went well.
    08-13-09 06:19 PM
132 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD