hope multilingual version pop-out soon!
    01-19-09 05:09 PM
    I have the .124 beta installed. Is there any difference with this official version? And is it worth my installing it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:28 PM
    hope multilingual version pop-out soon!
    It is a multi-language version

I have the .124 beta installed. Is there any difference with this official version? And is it worth my installing it?
    No difference whatsoever
    01-19-09 10:22 PM
    the different i saw is... i got 3mb free memory and wifi seems faster and on advanced options i see wireless upgrade option.
    01-20-09 04:18 PM
    Interestingly, the wireless upgrade option doesn't disappear when I reboot or resent service books.
    01-20-09 07:31 PM
    I had a question, how did you resend my faves to your phone? I logged into TMO and went to the myfaves section and just chose save. Is that all it was?
    01-20-09 09:22 PM
    Is there any way to verify that wifi is faster? Without a method to gauge any potential speed increase, this seems very subjective. If I'm going to upgrade my video card driver, for instance, I look to see if people have posted their testing results to demonstrate the drivers benefits, rather than people just stating that it seems faster with the new driver ...
    01-21-09 01:50 AM
    I had a question, how did you resend my faves to your phone? I logged into TMO and went to the myfaves section and just chose save. Is that all it was?
    In MyFaves, click on MyFaves are Missing under support on the left hand side. On the next screen scroll down and click Restore MyFaves on the right hand side.
    01-21-09 06:26 AM
    In MyFaves, click on MyFaves are Missing under support on the left hand side. On the next screen scroll down and click Restore MyFaves on the right hand side.
    Is anyone else having serious trouble with MyFaves and 4.5.0.124? I've tried everything from battery pulls to a complete wipe/re-load and my icons just stay stuck on the hourglass. I eventually called T-Mo this morning and they opened a ticket because they couldn't fix the problem either.

I do notice that when I try to refresh my MyFaves, I get the corresponding text message confirming the refresh but then I get the following error:

uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointException

I know this is an indication that something is fouling up the process but I have yet to figure out what it is and/or how to resolve it...guess I will keep searching threads/the net. I am considering removing all my 3rd party apps to see if there is a conflict between any of them, the device, and the MyFaves app, but if anyone has a better suggestion, please share...
    01-21-09 08:28 AM
    Do you still have the problem after doing a MyFaves restore from the TMO web site?
    01-21-09 08:31 AM
    UPDATE: still no luck resolving the uncaught exception error even with the 3rd party apps gone. I don't know what the problem is...

Yup...as a matter of fact, doing the restore from the T-Mo website has on two separate occasions taken me from 5 icons with the hourglass display to 3...I have no idea why the other two disappear!

I just removed all my 3rd party apps and am going to see what happens with myFaves once those are gone.
    Last edited by donnamatt; 01-21-09 at 09:14 AM.
    01-21-09 08:51 AM
    I went from .110 to .124 last night and have not noticed any difference yet. If I see anything I will report back.

01-22-09 06:39 AM
    I went from .110 to .124 a little over a week ago. Never had MyFaves icons until the 17th, and just used CrackMem to re-add them to my OS. Then launched DM to let it update the Curves software. If I clicked and added anything I really didn't want, I then would have loaded up Crackmem again to delete those items and let DM update again if needed (had that happen a few times in the past).

In fact now that I have played with the MyFaves wheel, I am going to delete it again since it's not really doing anything I don't do now with the address book when calling those 5 numbers.

Attachment 10668
    Last edited by BlkBear; 01-22-09 at 10:50 PM.
    01-22-09 10:41 PM
    the different i saw is... i got 3mb free memory and wifi seems faster and on advanced options i see wireless upgrade option.
    Hmmmm...... interesting.... I might have to upgrade finally....
    01-22-09 10:57 PM
    Downloading now. Backing up my device while that goes. Will report back with findings.
    01-23-09 01:04 AM
    As promised, I'm reporting back. I'm happy to say everything went smoothly and this seems like a great release. I also noticed a new 'Wireless Upgrade' entry under Options. Web browsing speed has improved tremendously. I'm upgrading from .102 and in that release I had many browsing issues in the BB browser and OM. These issues are resolved in this release. I saw a significant jump in free memory as well, approx 3mb! I'd be safe to say this is the best release thus far, and I've tried about four other 4.5 releases.

Cheers!

01-23-09 04:16 AM
    Found another bug fix. The about screen under options works in this release. Go RIM! Hahah

01-23-09 04:23 AM
    hmmm..i am not seeing the wireless upgrade option in mine..then again i am not using BIS or BES...could this be the cause.
    01-23-09 04:57 AM
    new update is incredible. huge difference from .75. Camera and video work so much smoother. cant wait for the next one!!!
    01-23-09 05:03 AM
    I just upgraded to .124 from .102. No problems at all.

Ever since I got my 8320 I've only had 15 - 17mb of free file memory. After this upgrade I now have 26+mb. Let's see how long it lasts.
    01-23-09 05:42 AM
    As promised, I'm reporting back. I'm happy to say everything went smoothly and this seems like a great release. I also noticed a new 'Wireless Upgrade' entry under Options. Web browsing speed has improved tremendously. I'm upgrading from .102 and in that release I had many browsing issues in the BB browser and OM. These issues are resolved in this release. I saw a significant jump in free memory as well, approx 3mb! I'd be safe to say this is the best release thus far, and I've tried about four other 4.5 releases.
    Sweet!! I'm downloading and upgrading now.
    01-23-09 10:58 AM
    Hmmm... my OS isn't upgrading from .81 to .124.
    I followed all the directions ... then on DM selected .124 to upgrade to... but it comes up with "No Software update is required for your device."

Phone still says the OS version is .81
    Last edited by dj_hobbes; 01-23-09 at 12:02 PM.
    01-23-09 11:54 AM
    Hmmm... my OS isn't upgrading from .81 to .124.
    I followed all the directions ... then on DM selected .124 to upgrade to... but it comes up with "No Software update is required for your device."

Phone still says the OS version is .81
    ok, do this: you need DM 4.6 i guess 4.7 dont work with this version.

erase version 4.5.0.81 from your pc, reboot, download version 4.5.0.124 and delete vendor.xml file (C: , program files,common files, research in motion, shared and loader file) Important: make sure to make a back up data and applications too.

let me know....good luck
    01-23-09 12:12 PM
    Well mine upgraded to .124 but a different way. I went to the folder which the Vendor.XML file is in.... then ran the Loader Application file... that initiated the upgrade.
    01-23-09 01:03 PM
    My 8320 has v .81. I'm anxious to try v .124, but I don't see it anywhere on the TMO Blackberry Support page. Is this a non-supported version, and if I install it and have problems, can I delete .124 and reload v .81?
    01-23-09 09:39 PM
422 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD