Ok, so what are the differences in .55 from .52? If anyone can notice any?
    07-27-08 01:27 PM
    Ok, so what are the differences in .55 from .52? If anyone can notice any?
    Yes the media player volume much lower on .55

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 01:40 PM
    It must be a program you're running then because I've been using it for over 2 days now and am still holding steady at 31.3 MB free. Which just happens to be what I had right after I installed the OS and did a battery pull.

The only programs I have installed are Google Maps and Live Search Maps.
    Its not a program that I am running. I am running .46 for the second time with no memory leak. If it was a program, then .46 would leak too.

07-27-08 01:47 PM
    wow.....on .52, youtube mobile suddenly works (?!) ....it most certainly didn't last nite.....kept telling me file was too big asked me if i wanted to save it....which failed. weird things are happening to me with .52! stuff just starts
    working or not randomly without me doing anything. not sure if its exciting or annoying!

hoping att posts are real baselined 4.5 really soon. starting to feel not very adventurous......

question for garz and/or super loopy -after reading thru this thread before trying any of this, i decided on .52.

i noticed loopy is on .55 and garz is now rollin with .46

i am looking for a little more stability......what build do you think is best for me?

.....if .46 is the answer.....where did that come from??

thx
    07-27-08 01:57 PM
    Its not a program that I am running. I am running .46 for the second time with no memory leak. If it was a program, then .46 would leak too.
    Then how is it that I'm not losing memory after more than 2 days running it?

Still 31.3 MB free as of my posting this.
    07-27-08 02:22 PM
    Then how is it that I'm not losing memory after more than 2 days running it?

Still 31.3 MB free as of my posting this.
    Ok Loopy if you seem to be the expert... Why does .46 never leak on my BB. Same programs I have always been running.

07-27-08 03:06 PM
    wow.....on .52, youtube mobile suddenly works (?!) ....it most certainly didn't last nite.....kept telling me file was too big asked me if i wanted to save it....which failed. weird things are happening to me with .52! stuff just starts
    working or not randomly without me doing anything. not sure if its exciting or annoying!

hoping att posts are real baselined 4.5 really soon. starting to feel not very adventurous......

question for garz and/or super loopy -after reading thru this thread before trying any of this, i decided on .52.

i noticed loopy is on .55 and garz is now rollin with .46

i am looking for a little more stability......what build do you think is best for me?

.....if .46 is the answer.....where did that come from??

thx
    It really just depends what OS runs best on yours. I have tried them all. .46 is beta that was never released by any carrier. I don't know if its still out there on the internet but I never deleted it off my PC since it was very stable for me so it was easy to go back.

07-27-08 03:11 PM
    Ok Loopy if you seem to be the expert... Why does .46 never leak on my BB. Same programs I have always been running.
    Whoa dude, I never said I was an expert, just that I've been running .55 for over 2 days and don't have a memory leak. Obviously if you put 2 and 2 together it's not the OS.

Hey look at that, I think I gained 10k bytes since the last time I posted.
    07-27-08 03:17 PM
    Whoa dude, I never said I was an expert, just that I've been running .55 for over 2 days and don't have a memory leak. Obviously if you put 2 and 2 together it's not the OS.

Hey look at that, I think I gained 10k bytes since the last time I posted.
    You still did not answer my question. If you say its not the OS then why does .46 not leak for me?

07-27-08 03:23 PM
    it's been working good for me, youtube and everything. except in email settings theres no option for html. any help with this
    07-27-08 03:38 PM
    You still did not answer my question. If you say its not the OS then why does .46 not leak for me?
    Again, I never claimed to be an expert but if I had to guess a program you are running isn't optimized for the .55 version while it's OK in .46.
    07-27-08 03:47 PM
    This is very disappointing. I've upgraded to .52 and now .55 and still having the same problem. When I go to the mobile youtube site and try playing videos I get the same error message: "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive."
    However, I can watch break.com videos just fine. I really want to watch youtube though, somebody help?
    Anyone have any insight into this? I know there's lots of knowledge out there!
    07-27-08 04:28 PM
    Looking at the at&t downloads, their most current version is 4.2.2 . . . why is it so far behind this? Sorry if that is a dumb question, I'm a new blackberry user.
    07-27-08 04:33 PM
    Looking at the at&t downloads, their most current version is 4.2.2 . . . why is it so far behind this? Sorry if that is a dumb question, I'm a new blackberry user.
    Att just has not released their official 4.5 yet but neither has any other US carriers. It should happen no later than Sept. Once they decide which version they are going to release, they need to train all their CSR's before releasing.

07-27-08 05:00 PM
    Again, I never claimed to be an expert but if I had to guess a program you are running isn't optimized for the .55 version while it's OK in .46.
    That may be the case. No worries though as everything is smooth for me on this version. I never thought I would have to downgrade to different version of 4.5.

07-27-08 05:04 PM
    Anyone have any insight into this? I know there's lots of knowledge out there!
    I know some of had this issue while others did not. You can always try a battery pull.

07-27-08 05:05 PM
    it's been working good for me, youtube and everything. except in email settings theres no option for html. any help with this
    armdavid - open your email folder, hit menu-options then "email settings" then it sez "enable html email".

i am running 4.5.0.52
    07-27-08 07:35 PM
    I know some of had this issue while others did not. You can always try a battery pull.

I've tried several battery pulls, and to no avail. I'm with Rogers, so could it have something to do with my service provider?
    07-27-08 08:12 PM
    I've tried several battery pulls, and to no avail. I'm with Rogers, so could it have something to do with my service provider?
    Your guess is as good as mine. I never had issues with youtube on any version of 4.5. But one thing I can say about youtube on BB, the video quality is terrible.

07-27-08 08:36 PM
    how do i get video recording on my blackberry curve?
    07-27-08 10:14 PM
    someone please help me
    07-27-08 10:15 PM
    from 15 now down to 13.. definitely a leak for me
    07-27-08 10:18 PM
    31.3 down to 31.2 for me.

Have any of you that are having issues with this leak tried installing a fresh OS without 3rd party apps and run it for a while to see if you still get it?
    07-27-08 11:42 PM
    Just a quick question - this is Australia version is there a problem on UK BB's with this OS version?

Thanks
    Clive
    07-28-08 03:51 AM
    Installed and running well since Friday. Youtube finally works but like already posted, the video quality sucks on my 8310...but what do you expect over gprs/edge (still can't get why when 3.5G has been out for so long on all other phone models BB finally gets their's out this year...Palm was a bit slow with the Treo - was always 3.5G ready just needed a software upgrade, iphone - that's just a mystery why the first model didn't have it, and BB is the last of the North American phone makers to release a 3/3.5G compatible phone).

Anyway, this version is working great and I like it...even with the crappy youtube video...I just think it's cool that it works.
    07-28-08 04:53 AM
360 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD