Testing 4.5.0.69 rel 92 found on the web
    Using Desktop Manager 4.5.0.15

First try: Fatal error.

Second try: Fatal error.

Had to wipe with JL_cmder

Third try (wiped): Installed correctly.

Now testing the OS...
    Last edited by wildkiller; 07-31-08 at 12:36 AM.
    07-30-08 08:29 PM
    so far it seems to be working good.. just downloaded it and installed it
    07-31-08 08:09 AM
    Hi guys, Updated to .55 yesterday...other than the decreased volume (augh), I'm having a problem with my Media Card. Even though it has been properly inserted and has information on it previously it says:

"Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted"

I have a Sandisk Mini-SD card. I pulled it out and put it back in - no avail. Would the next step be to take everything off the card that is currently on it, wipe and format it?

Or is there a solution I do not know of?
    oomph - i had serious memory card issues with .52

the only thing on my card is pics - some large some small. the pics over 320x240 caused my 8310 to hang when installed .52. it would hang on the "verify security software" screen during the boot up.

after 5 battery pulls, it simply started working and has worked ever since. weird for sure.

gonna try .69 now and i hope it doesn't happen again. i believe user super loopy had this issue too. loopy solved his prob by resizing his pics.

anybody see a .69 memory card issue yet???
    07-31-08 02:38 PM
    Yeah, I posted over in the .69 thread that I still had this issue. It didn't hang on the "Verifying Security Software" screen this time though. It waited until I tried to access the card in "Media" when it attempted to load the thumbnails.

I formatted the card and put the smaller pics back on and worked fine again.
    07-31-08 03:02 PM
    Yeah, I posted over in the .69 thread that I still had this issue. It didn't hang on the "Verifying Security Software" screen this time though. It waited until I tried to access the card in "Media" when it attempted to load the thumbnails.

I formatted the card and put the smaller pics back on and worked fine again.
    i am going to the .69 without the memory card in. then take it from there.....
    07-31-08 03:04 PM
    Lemme know what happens!
    07-31-08 03:08 PM
    Lemme know what happens!
    wow - that went amazingly well....

used the process outlined by garz in the sticky just using .69 instead of .55.

this time, i pulled the memory card out prior to the new install.

did the install - which went WAY faster than the others (?) - the "spinning hourglass" portion of the program seemed less than 15 mins.

booted up phone looked all good - immediately sent service books. verified they were received.

checked the browser, contacts, bb msnger contacts and html mail - all good.

battery pull rebooted for drill.

after boot up, pulled the battery again, popped in my 1 gig memory card that has lots of large pics. popped battery back in.

....low and behold - boots up, remembered my wallpaper from the memory card from ver .52. i went to the media pic file, and there were all my thumbnails first try and they drew quick and phone is zipping right along in
    all other aspects.

everybody try your installs without the memory card in.
    07-31-08 04:11 PM
    wow - that went amazingly well....

used the process outlined by garz in the sticky just using .69 instead of .55.

this time, i pulled the memory card out prior to the new install.

did the install - which went WAY faster than the others (?) - the "spinning hourglass" portion of the program seemed less than 15 mins.

booted up phone looked all good - immediately sent service books. verified they were received.

checked the browser, contacts, bb msnger contacts and html mail - all good.

battery pull rebooted for drill. after boot up, pulled the battery again, popped in my 1 gig memory card that has lots of large pics. popped battery back in.

....low and behold - boots up, remembered my wallpaper from the memory card from ver .52. i went to the media pic file, and there were all my thumbnails first try and they drew quick and phone is zipping right along in
    all other aspects.

everybody try your installs without the memory card in.
    Glad to see you are running smooth on 4.5! Congrats!
    07-31-08 04:14 PM
    That makes no sense though. The OS loading has no affect and doesn't access the media card when loading.
    07-31-08 04:16 PM
    Yes... I love version .46. Even after trying .52 and .55. I went back.
    hey garz - hope you are feeling ok.......

check my above post about the .69 install....

also - the volume seems just fine on .69 to me - video, songs, ringtones, ringer, alarm seem to be the same as 4.2.2 to me. i did notice the above items being quieter in .52, especially the ringer.

volume is hard to judge and baseline as its kinda subjective and is based on what one remembers.....
    07-31-08 04:17 PM
    That makes no sense though. The OS loading has no affect and doesn't access the media card when loading.

You are correct. It should matter but they are up and running so that all that matters
    07-31-08 04:17 PM
    Hey Tom, take a look at your media settings and, if you would, post what you have them set at. Such as the "Device Memory Limit", "Reserved Pictures Memory", how you have it sorting and how many thumbnails per row. These are the only things I can think of that would affect how the device loads the thumbnails and sees the pictures.
    07-31-08 04:25 PM
    tru dat - but maybe it has something to do with it "polling" it during an install. i am certainly no expert.

just mentioning that when i did .52 with the card in, it was a 5 hour nightmare of lockups and reboots and .69 with no card was perfect.

its not a fair comparison as i DIDN'T try .69 with the card - just reporting that without it, it was great.

FOR SURE -> when i accessed the card for the first time after the install - the thumbnail draw and pic access on .69 is way way way faster than on .52.
    none of my pics are resized to 320x240 - they are all over the place.

anyway, its working great.....

i suspect this build is very close to what we will see when att finally releases it. its seems more "sprightly" in normal use than the "50 series" builds and i'll be damned if i can find anything wrong with it.

memory is sitting at 26M and will keep and eye on it.
    07-31-08 04:26 PM
    Hey Tom, take a look at your media settings and, if you would, post what you have them set at. Such as the "Device Memory Limit", "Reserved Pictures Memory", how you have it sorting and how many thumbnails per row. These are the only things I can think of that would affect how the device loads the thumbnails and sees the pictures.
    device memory limit - 5MB

Pics - Sort by Name
    Thumbs per row - 4
    Slide show Interval - 2
    Reserved Pic Memory - 0

the only i ever changed there was thumbs from 3 to 4
    07-31-08 04:30 PM
    hey garz - hope you are feeling ok.......

check my above post about the .69 install....

also - the volume seems just fine on .69 to me - video, songs, ringtones, ringer, alarm seem to be the same as 4.2.2 to me. i did notice the above items being quieter in .52, especially the ringer.

volume is hard to judge and baseline as its kinda subjective and is based on what one remembers.....

Thanks for asking! I'm doing ok but just recovering from surgery yesterday. I'll be back to normal in a week. Also, thanks for the media review on .69. I will upgrade once I feel better!
    07-31-08 04:31 PM
    Yes... I love version .46. Even after trying .52 and .55. I went back.
    garz - you probably know this - there is an "audio boost" parameter in the media options panel. maybe that would improve your audio issues with the .52/.55 versions. perhaps in earlier versions this was defaulted to "on" and isn't now - or, it was internally defaulted to "on" without the option to shut it off in earlier versions so we were all used to it being on.
    07-31-08 04:33 PM
    garz - you probably know this - there is an "audio boost" parameter in the media options panel. maybe that would improve your audio issues with the .52/.55 versions. perhaps in earlier versions this was defaulted to "on" and isn't now - or, it was internally defaulted to "on" without the option to shut it off in earlier versions so we were all used to it being on.
    Yeah I double checked to make sure that was on and even checked the EQ to see if that was loud and it still did not work out well. It was a good thing I was still on .46 because my wife does not hear well and she had my BB watching "King of the Hill" episodes when I was in surgery yesterday and she was able to hear OK.
    07-31-08 04:41 PM
    Brickbreaker hangs up in OS 4.5.0.X... Uncaught Exception... When the stage is very loaded (i.e. 4 balls and firing lasers), sometimes it freezes and after 5 minutes appears a message box with the message "Uncaught Exception..."

Of course this happened with 11 lives when I was going to break my personal record.

Then I made some tests and in fact it often freezes.
    08-01-08 12:14 AM
    I downloaded the new desktop manager, the 4.5 software, deleted the vendor xml file, but the DM never asked me to up grade. What do I do?!?!
    HELP!
    08-01-08 04:48 AM
    if that doesnt work.. you could click on app loader, add/remove apps, browse and update from there..

make sure you use jl_cmdr to wipe the phone before you install the new os d-(n_n)z
    08-01-08 10:05 AM
    24 hrs on .69 - no memory leaks and no reboots - working great.
    08-01-08 12:03 PM
    oomph - i had serious memory card issues with .52

the only thing on my card is pics - some large some small. the pics over 320x240 caused my 8310 to hang when installed .52. it would hang on the "verify security software" screen during the boot up.

after 5 battery pulls, it simply started working and has worked ever since. weird for sure.

gonna try .69 now and i hope it doesn't happen again. i believe user super loopy had this issue too. loopy solved his prob by resizing his pics.

anybody see a .69 memory card issue yet???
    I fried my Media Card, totally and completely. It's not recognizable by my computer, camera...I can't even format it. Totalled. :'(
    08-01-08 03:49 PM
    I am no longer an OS virgin...Thanks for the detailed and correct info...
    08-01-08 05:41 PM
    24 hrs on .69 - no memory leaks and no reboots - working great.
    This thread is about OS 4.5.0.55. There is a beta forum for .69 where members are discussing that very topic.
    08-01-08 10:17 PM
    This thread is about OS 4.5.0.55. There is a beta forum for .69 where members are discussing that very topic.
    yeah - i have been posting my observations in both threads figuring anyone who does these upgrades might be interested.
    08-02-08 04:30 PM
360 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD